or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 220

post #3286 of 3700
What are the vbc suit price quoted by Janzten or Lee Baron ?
post #3287 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

What are the vbc suit price quoted by Janzten or Lee Baron ?

 

Well to be fair Lee Baron only confirmed via email they could make the suit in time didn't discuss fabrics with them , Janzten said $5500HKD for Dormelui  (I assume the cost should be similar to the Dormelui but this wasent confirmed) or $14000 to $20000 HKD with LP (out of my price range)

 

He also offered full canvas / half lining  2 button in house fabric with Hand stitched Milanese buttonhole for $5000HKD.. 

 

Also said zenga fabric was $13000-$16000 (again out of price range) and that seems a tad expensive to me but happy to hear other prices/ locations around TST.

 

J

post #3288 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infallible View Post

Well to be fair Lee Baron only confirmed via email they could make the suit in time didn't discuss fabrics with them , Janzten said $5500HKD for Dormelui  (I assume the cost should be similar to the Dormelui but this wasent confirmed) or $14000 to $20000 HKD with LP (out of my price range)

He also offered full canvas / half lining  2 button in house fabric with Hand stitched Milanese buttonhole for $5000HKD.. 

Also said zenga fabric was $13000-$16000 (again out of price range) and that seems a tad expensive to me but happy to hear other prices/ locations around TST.

J

2 pc full canvass suit including fabric with milaneese buttonhole for hk$5000 is very attractive.
post #3289 of 3700

He actually just came back to me on whats app .  VBC is currently $6000-$8000HKD with full canvas that seems like too much to me... Apparently full/half is same price at the moment.

 

I agree I think the house fabric with milanese is the way to go.

post #3290 of 3700
If house fabric is pure new wool, it is still a very good deal. Christmas maybe the busiest time for HK tailors.
post #3291 of 3700
It is not very reasonable to charge same price for full canvass or half canvass . Amount of work and skill are different. Half canvass is always cheaper .
post #3292 of 3700
In HK now; I've been a longtime Lee Baron guy and still love Peter, but looking for a few upgraded shirts. How is WW Chan these days for shirts? I remember they didn't have the softest collars back when, not sure if that's been something they've addressed. I've also bought from Ascot Chang; they're not bad either but wondering what the latest word on the quality/price scale is these days. What are prices like for Chan and Chang? I've never been to Yao...

Chan has my early nod because I. Love. Those. Buttons.

What's the word on the street these days? Also, is it a mistake to go to Chan now while Patrick is on tour?
post #3293 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

In HK now; I've been a longtime Lee Baron guy and still love Peter, but looking for a few upgraded shirts. How is WW Chan these days for shirts? I remember they didn't have the softest collars back when, not sure if that's been something they've addressed. I've also bought from Ascot Chang; they're not bad either but wondering what the latest word on the quality/price scale is these days. What are prices like for Chan and Chang? I've never been to Yao...

Chan has my early nod because I. Love. Those. Buttons.

What's the word on the street these days? Also, is it a mistake to go to Chan now while Patrick is on tour?

AC is pretty expensive- at least $200USD for a shirt but the craftsmanship is probably the best in HK. I've only tried Chan in Shanghai and was good but not great.

I think Takly has gotten some love on this board but no personal experience.
post #3294 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

In HK now; I've been a longtime Lee Baron guy and still love Peter, but looking for a few upgraded shirts. How is WW Chan these days for shirts? I remember they didn't have the softest collars back when, not sure if that's been something they've addressed. I've also bought from Ascot Chang; they're not bad either but wondering what the latest word on the quality/price scale is these days. What are prices like for Chan and Chang? I've never been to Yao...

Chan has my early nod because I. Love. Those. Buttons.

What's the word on the street these days? Also, is it a mistake to go to Chan now while Patrick is on tour?

 

FWIW, go Ascot Chang, you wont go wrong. 

post #3295 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post

FWIW, go Ascot Chang, you wont go wrong. 

High price to pay for wont go wrong. Take a check Ving Tai or David Shirt on first floor of 9 Queen's Road .
post #3296 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

High price to pay for wont go wrong. Take a check Ving Tai or David Shirt on first floor of 9 Queen's Road .

Isn't David's shirts just as expensive as AC?
post #3297 of 3700
FWIW I've tried most of the better known shirtmakers in HK and only AC does a good job at getting fit right.
Edited by kolecho - 7/12/16 at 12:48am
post #3298 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

Isn't David's shirts just as expensive as AC?

I think they maybe relatively cheaper after they moved out from Mandarin Hotel .
post #3299 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post


High price to pay for wont go wrong. Take a check Ving Tai or David Shirt on first floor of 9 Queen's Road .

 

Disagree , the service and product from the other shops are really in a different league with AC. 

 

We cannot only look at the face value, especially in bespoke when turnaround time, services and quality of the product itself should be highly consider. 

post #3300 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post

Disagree , the service and product from the other shops are really in a different league with AC. 

We cannot only look at the face value, especially in bespoke when turnaround time, services and quality of the product itself should be highly consider. 

For suits , would you said wont go wrong with W W Chan too .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread