or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 219

post #3271 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

You seem to have a few alternate identities.

Hope to put into a investigation 。

 

Tradition of this thread

1) More than one person use multiple IDs.

2) New or relatively new poster writes a long report attacking the other side

3) New poster who is related to the shop started ask unheard of tailor

4) Another new user reply positively to 3)

post #3272 of 4063
I'm going to meet Michael this afternoon, likely with order a 2 pieces of fresco chalk strip or 520, will post the pics of the suit later on
post #3273 of 4063

Hi, I just finished reading this whole thread over several days...very informative! Was in HK couple years ago completely ignorant about tailoring and can't wait until next trip to HK with more knowledge about what to look for. Will be heading to London this fall hopefully and was wondering how the less expensive SR tailors (starting at 1000 pounds at Cad & the Dandy for full bespoke) compare to HK tailors in quality. SR takes months it seems for a suit so realistically will have to wait for a 1-2 week HK trip for a commission. Anybody use The Regent Shop in the HK Peninsula Hotel? They make the suits for a cousin who lives there. If so, how was the product and do they use full canvassing for all their suits? Thanks, I'm learning so much here!

post #3274 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post

Hi, I just finished reading this whole thread over several days...very informative! Was in HK couple years ago completely ignorant about tailoring and can't wait until next trip to HK with more knowledge about what to look for. Will be heading to London this fall hopefully and was wondering how the less expensive SR tailors (starting at 1000 pounds at Cad & the Dandy for full bespoke) compare to HK tailors in quality. SR takes months it seems for a suit so realistically will have to wait for a 1-2 week HK trip for a commission. Anybody use The Regent Shop in the HK Peninsula Hotel? They make the suits for a cousin who lives there. If so, how was the product and do they use full canvassing for all their suits? Thanks, I'm learning so much here!

Your cousin who use the Regent Shop don't know ?
post #3275 of 4063
Don't think cousin is as discriminating as this forum in analysis...so was looking for opinions from people who are more interested in the finer details of suits
post #3276 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post

Don't think cousin is as discriminating as this forum in analysis...so was looking for opinions from people who are more interested in the finer details of suits

As local , it is first time for me to hear/ know there is the Regent Shop exist .
post #3277 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post

Don't think cousin is as discriminating as this forum in analysis...so was looking for opinions from people who are more interested in the finer details of suits

Does your cousin tell you about pricing of the Regent Shop ?
post #3278 of 4063

It was like 7000-8000HK for 2 pc single breasted suit VBC super 140. But that was couple years ago...the website mentions horsehair lining as supporting structure that shapes over time to the body. I am assuming this means floating canvas but it doesn't say half vs. full canvassing. Interesting that I haven't found much on the internet of anybody getting a suit there made since Peninsula Hotel is quite well known and everyone seems to know about Ascot Chang there. There are also other tailors in Peninsula Hotel that no one mentions either, Fitwell and Jimmy Chen.

post #3279 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post

It was like 7000-8000HK for 2 pc single breasted suit VBC super 140. But that was couple years ago...the website mentions horsehair lining as supporting structure that shapes over time to the body. I am assuming this means floating canvas but it doesn't say half vs. full canvassing. Interesting that I haven't found much on the internet of anybody getting a suit there made since Peninsula Hotel is quite well known and everyone seems to know about Ascot Chang there. There are also other tailors in Peninsula Hotel that no one mentions either, Fitwell and Jimmy Chen.

They are same group of mytailor.com . Shall be famous for online service . Why not ask them direct during your visit to hk ?
post #3280 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post

It was like 7000-8000HK for 2 pc single breasted suit VBC super 140. But that was couple years ago...the website mentions horsehair lining as supporting structure that shapes over time to the body. I am assuming this means floating canvas but it doesn't say half vs. full canvassing. Interesting that I haven't found much on the internet of anybody getting a suit there made since Peninsula Hotel is quite well known and everyone seems to know about Ascot Chang there. There are also other tailors in Peninsula Hotel that no one mentions either, Fitwell and Jimmy Chen.

Remember, just because no one mentions them doesn't mean they are not good or good.
post #3281 of 4063
If they are no good , I cannot undetstand why they can afford high rent in the Peninsular Hotel .
post #3282 of 4063

Regent is based in the lowest floor of the Peninsula Hotel in the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. 

post #3283 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

If they are no good , I cannot undetstand why they can afford high rent in the Peninsular Hotel .

Maybe they make suits for another company.
post #3284 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post

Regent is based in the lowest floor of the Peninsula Hotel in the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. 

Have you tried them ?
post #3285 of 4063

Hi all,

 

First time poster , long time reader :) 

 

I am travelling to HKG and JPN in December over Christmas and am hoping to do the usual shirts @ Janzten and possibly a suit. And also was hoping to get another suit from Lee Barron. Now I am only there in Hong Kong 5 days and am hoping that this will give me enough time. I have spoken to both companies and they assure me its enough time but curious to hear from personal experiences. 

 

I have recently commissioned some suits in Melbourne (suit concierge) who measure in Melbourne, and actually use Raja Fashions in HKG... so yeah Ive paid through the teeth and don't believe the quality will be amazing ( Chinese Mill, Parklane collection) 

 

Having already forked out quite alot for these (cheaply made) expensive suits (which I am yet to receive) I was hoping for some suggestions on Materials - I am thinking VBC half canvas with half lining (Big guy heavy sweater) 

 

Ideally I would like to have 15 Shirts (10 @ Jentzen and maybe 5 at Lee Baron in a higher quality material)  and 2 Half Canvas suits made during my stay so both tailors have my pattern on file. Am i biting off more than i can chew and has has anyone had any experience with any other tailors in TST I will be staying at the Eaton Hotel so if you can recommend any other (cheaper) tailors that dont fuse I would be interested to hear from you.

 

Cheers :)

 

J

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread