or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 206

post #3076 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watson View Post

i have my wedding in 3 months and am after tailor recommendations (i live in HK) have been recommended Y William. Im after a 3 piece suit european slim style not british style the wedding is in italy so want a tailor that isnt too traditional

any recommendations? budget i dont mind paying upto 15kish just want someone who will be able to make something decent (have had some bad experiences here)

First, congratulations! Since you live in HK, why not drop by a few tailors and tell them what you're looking for and see what they can do.
post #3077 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watson View Post

i have my wedding in 3 months and am after tailor recommendations (i live in HK) have been recommended Y William. Im after a 3 piece suit european slim style not british style the wedding is in italy so want a tailor that isnt too traditional

any recommendations? budget i dont mind paying upto 15kish just want someone who will be able to make something decent (have had some bad experiences here)

With that upper limit why not try WW Chan... their cut will probably best suits your requirment.
post #3078 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watson View Post

i have my wedding in 3 months and am after tailor recommendations (i live in HK) have been recommended Y William. Im after a 3 piece suit european slim style not british style the wedding is in italy so want a tailor that isnt too traditional

any recommendations? budget i dont mind paying upto 15kish just want someone who will be able to make something decent (have had some bad experiences here)

If you just take the trouble to read this thread, your choices will become apparent, there's no substitute for a little research
post #3079 of 3693

yes and from reading the thread I have noticed you have a pop at people for asking questions surely thats the purpose of the thread?? 

 

having done my research yes I have come up with a list of options but reading 50 odd pages of the thread I couldnt find a specific answer hence my post!

 

WW Chan, H baromen, Y William Yu etc I was merely asking which one would provide the desirable cut / style i am after. after doing the research i ascertained that alot of the tailors are quite traditional in the cut ie Ascot Chang. I wish to find a tailor that can provide a European style rather than a formal British tailor! 

 

Any one else who wishes to pass on some constructive feedback would be much appreciated!

post #3080 of 3693
Although I have no real life experience with the tailors on your short list, I think that WW Chan is your best bet if you are prepared to spend 15K HKD. But as others have said, there's no real substitute for just popping in and seeing their work for yourself - we have different perceptions of what a certain 'style'/cut is, and to see if you get on with them. You only have a few on your shortlist it seems.
post #3081 of 3693

@ paul, I agree on  WWChan and Browns.  Both of them have more Italian taste than other tailors.

I think it is important to talk with the key person at each shop and not to rush.  Chan should be within your budget unless you choose expensive fabric.  Good luck.

post #3082 of 3693
Some more amateur photos of my ready project in topical weight cool wool.

Very happy overall with the new trimmings... it is really worth it

In recent commission my tailor had added lapped seams on the coat (back center, back side, sleeves).



post #3083 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Watson View Post

yes and from reading the thread I have noticed you have a pop at people for asking questions surely thats the purpose of the thread?? 

having done my research yes I have come up with a list of options but reading 50 odd pages of the thread I couldnt find a specific answer hence my post!

WW Chan, H baromen, Y William Yu etc I was merely asking which one would provide the desirable cut / style i am after. after doing the research i ascertained that alot of the tailors are quite traditional in the cut ie Ascot Chang. I wish to find a tailor that can provide a European style rather than a formal British tailor! 

Any one else who wishes to pass on some constructive feedback would be much appreciated!

Yes, but the answers are all there. These guys will offer you what you want as long as you can describe it or have images. Meeting them is also a good idea, what people say here might well not be entirely correct. The relationship between a tailor and his client is not forged on the internet as you would appear to hope.
post #3084 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Some more amateur photos of my ready project in topical weight cool wool.

Very happy overall with the new trimmings... it is really worth it

.com/user/charles911_11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_145813_zps7h3rvgug.jpg.html][/URL]


Which tailor is this?
post #3085 of 3693
Grand tailor right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Which tailor is this?
post #3086 of 3693
Yes it is by Grand Tailor.
post #3087 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Some more amateur photos of my ready project in topical weight cool wool.

Very happy overall with the new trimmings... it is really worth it

In recent commission my tailor had added lapped seams on the coat (back center, back side, sleeves).




@add911, do you have very big arms ? Sleeves look wide.
post #3088 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

@add911, do you have very big arms ? Sleeves look wide.

Yes I do have fat forearms sadly.
post #3089 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Yes I do have fat forearms sadly.

Are there any fusing in the jacket? It looks rather stiff.
post #3090 of 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifilover View Post

Are there any fusing in the jacket? It looks rather stiff.

There will also be some fusing on a fully canvassed jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread