or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 192

post #2866 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrenner210 View Post
 

Hi all. New user, and studying abroad in HK.  Admittedly, I know very little about tailoring, but I am doing my best to learn as much as possible and SF has been tremendously helpful in doing so. On a friend's recommendation, I visited Om's Tailor, and got a dark brown suit, with a soft blue stripe. Seems to fit well, and I was pleased with the customer service, but I am curious to get some comments/suggestions for the next time.

 

Appreciate the feedback in advance.

 

 

Cheers. 

 

  • ericjens7 mentioned a few fit problems. On top of it, next time, you can ask your tailor to 1) raise the back crotch and "push your back hip opened" (or add more fullness on the underside); 2) take good care of QC, the side panel of the back (right hand side) is not sewn/ironed probably; 3) reduce waist suppression on the back and add more waist suppression on the front (what ericjens7 said about the length is caused by this kind of waist suppression).

 

Btw, if the CMT is lower than 2K, I think it is good to go for "Next Time".

  •  
post #2867 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post


If you look at the photo they posed at their website, The suit is mostly machine made!
I won't called it "craftmanship" since no craftman involved, it was just factory made!

Very similar to suit supply, name and style.

post #2868 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsbyu View Post
 
  • ericjens7 mentioned a few fit problems. On top of it, next time, you can ask your tailor to 1) raise the back crotch and "push your back hip opened" (or add more fullness on the underside); 2) take good care of QC, the side panel of the back (right hand side) is not sewn/ironed probably; 3) reduce waist suppression on the back and add more waist suppression on the front (what ericjens7 said about the length is caused by this kind of waist suppression).

 

Btw, if the CMT is lower than 2K, I think it is good to go for "Next Time".

  •  

Thank you all for the feedback, very informative and helpful. 

post #2869 of 4059

My tailor hard at work on my new navy blue suit

post #2870 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybats View Post

My tailor hard at work on my new navy blue suit

Are you very slim ? It looks like the side panel is very small.
post #2871 of 4059

hmm, no, not at all. 6'2" 185lbs..

post #2872 of 4059
Can someone please tell me what is the chinese translation for full canvas? Thanks
post #2873 of 4059

 "sau pok" or "ma mo pok" 

 

are you a cantonese speaker?

 

"ma mo pok" = horse hair pok

post #2874 of 4059
Yes, I can speak cantonese, but not super native. I get ma mo pok. What's sau pok?
post #2875 of 4059

"sau" = hand

post #2876 of 4059
ah, gotcha. that's great. learn something new everyday. cheers!
post #2877 of 4059
I went pass to my tailor today and I found this jacket which the coatmaker is making it up himself. Apparently he is making a Zegna Wool-Cashmere blend odd jacket for himself for the upcoming cold days in Hong Kong. Upon my examination of the jigsaw pieces, I find the below pictures show a very informative message for illustrating how non-fused hand canvassed looks like (in there way).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






One can see a good amount of parts are attached by hand. Without the extra fused layer, even the lower chest had to be hand stitched to create a softer look. I am aware that upon attachments the shoulder padding would be further hand stitched.

I also found that for these kind of work, the extra supporting cloth (in white) is needed to perform the hand pad procedure.

However, I find that for my odd jackets, given the structured look I preferred, except the hand padded chest only machine pad will be sufficient for my non-fused hand canvass coat.

Obviously, everything is subject to the characteristic of the fabric itself, there is no hard and fast rule.

On a side note, my new DB is also almost ready for final fitting:- Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



post #2878 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

I went pass to my tailor today and I found this jacket which the coatmaker is making it up himself. Apparently he is making a Zegna Wool-Cashmere blend odd jacket for himself for the upcoming cold days in Hong Kong. Upon my examination of the jigsaw pieces, I find the below pictures show a very informative message for illustrating how non-fused hand canvassed looks like (in there way).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






One can see a good amount of parts are attached by hand. Without the extra fused layer, even the lower chest had to be hand stitched to create a softer look. I am aware that upon attachments the shoulder padding would be further hand stitched.

I also found that for these kind of work, the extra supporting cloth (in white) is needed to perform the hand pad procedure.

However, I find that for my odd jackets, given the structured look I preferred, except the hand padded chest only machine pad will be sufficient for my non-fused hand canvass coat.

Obviously, everything is subject to the characteristic of the fabric itself, there is no hard and fast rule.

On a side note, my new DB is also almost ready for final fitting:- Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Beautiful.

CMT ?
post #2879 of 4059
@hifilover

No the cloth is ordered via the shop. Frankly I don't really do CMT nowadays for lightweight stuff and I rather spend the time for cloth-hunting to earn more money.
post #2880 of 4059
That's a big internal pocket flap? Or is it a 'part' ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread