or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmecheung View Post



 
I'm new here and also completely clueless about custom-tailoring :S, but I'm also looking for a suit that's less traditional. I'm a 2nd year student and can't spend over $10000HKD on a suit from WW Chan.
Any other tailors in HK that would satisfy my request at a lower price range?
Thanks!

which is??
post #227 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmecheung View Post



 
I'm new here and also completely clueless about custom-tailoring :S, but I'm also looking for a suit that's less traditional. I'm a 2nd year student and can't spend over $10000HKD on a suit from WW Chan.
Any other tailors in HK that would satisfy my request at a lower price range?
Thanks!

When you mean "less traditional" what is your intrepretation? 2nd year law?
post #228 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post


which is??


price range? I was hoping for something under $5000.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post


When you mean "less traditional" what is your intrepretation? 2nd year law?

sorry I wasn't too clear. something along the styles of dior homme, like slim fit, modern. and i'm 2nd year business.

 

post #229 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmecheung View Post



 
I'm new here and also completely clueless about custom-tailoring :S, but I'm also looking for a suit that's less traditional. I'm a 2nd year student and can't spend over $10000HKD on a suit from WW Chan.
Any other tailors in HK that would satisfy my request at a lower price range?
Thanks!

There are a lot of tailors in HK you know, and not everyone goes to WW Chan
post #230 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


There are a lot of tailors in HK you know, and not everyone goes to WW Chan


i don't doubt that at all! i'm just wondering which ones are more decent within an under $5000 price range.

post #231 of 1812

If you take your normal mark-up the customer gets a bargain and so will return and your margins are not harmed.

 

 

post #232 of 1812

I am loking for a good tailor in HK tosupply me in UK and need CMT prices  including shipping .Please send me quotes and contact details.Many thanks

post #233 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Waters View Post

I am loking for a good tailor in HK tosupply me in UK and need CMT prices  including shipping .Please send me quotes and contact details.Many thanks

Why not research here who these may be and then approach them directly? They are not necessarily going to this this isolated post. You need to consider how best to use the net not simply take a lazy route.
post #234 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Yeah, I was kind of surprised at the second, given that the first was so good. Big issues with sleeve length, that weren't apparent at the basted fitting. Don't want to be too critical, though, until they've had a chance to fix it up ... frustrating as it is, obviously these things can happen.

I think I've learned some key lessons, though, including:

- pick fabric in person rather than by scanned images (the tones were different to what I expected)

- need to call the Chan workshop - relying on email with them at the moment is death.

- at least 2 fittings.

Picking fabric in person is a must and as many fittings as time allows.


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post


Why not research here who these may be and then approach them directly? They are not necessarily going to this this isolated post. You need to consider how best to use the net not simply take a lazy route.

  I had thought of that.You clearly get off on insulting peoples inteligence.How very anal.
 

 

post #235 of 1812
Both recent questions should try and contact Peter Lee. There is tons of information on this thread and via Google is one searches a bit.
post #236 of 1812
MW must be a troll, no?
post #237 of 1812
The fit of Edward Tam was right. But there were issues like loose threads on one of my pants (made 3 pants, one suit and one shirt). But the tailors I have worked with so far don't have the level of attention to detail as I would expect.

Also, Tam doesn't tend to give you better buttons or fusing options unless you ask.
Edited by porcupine85 - 7/17/12 at 6:19pm
post #238 of 1812

I've been reading these forums for 6 months and finally joined today.  I've been visiting Il Sarto on Gilman's Bazaar in Central for the past year or so for my suits and shirts. My priority is the cut versus the fabric and these guys are very detailed and current with trends as opposed to the more traditional tailors. Suits start at 4650$ (4250$ only in 2011) requiring 1 to 2 fittings.

post #239 of 1812
Anyone have any word on prices going up/down in the coming year?
post #240 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclam View Post

Anyone have any word on prices going up/down in the coming year?

i think they would only go up, normally around CNY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread