or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 124

post #1846 of 3700
Yes,that should be fine. When we dropped by a few months back, they had no qualms with taking orders for a single shirt's worth of fabric.

TMT
post #1847 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytailors View Post
 

 

Hey there! We've already pushed our store visit post on the blog, but we're still working on the shirt review which should be up sometime this weekend.

 

TMT

 

Ar, Just read the blog entry (cannot reach the site from China somehow) I enjoy reading it and keep it going ^^

 

Surprised by the somewhat negative experience you had, from what I know, the sifu usually does the measuring instead of the boss.

 

BTW - whats the idea behind the blog and what other tailor shop will you guys be reporting in coming future ? 

post #1848 of 3700

For what it's worth, I've commissioned quite a few things with NK Fashion (New Kingston), only CMT and to replicate existing garments.

 

It's not as refined as WW Chan but well, it's approximately 4000-4500 HKD for the CMT of a suit, fully canvassed and quite good looking (save the lapel buttonhole that you'd better have done somewhere else).

 

I'm pretty happy with the results and continue to commission on a regular basis with them.

 

http://www.newkingstonfashion.com/

 

Lee Kar Bldg, 4A Carnarvon Rd, Hong Kong

 

info@newkingstonfashion.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

What I also like with them is that they travel a lot so I can see them quite often.

 

City: Paris

Hotel: Hotel Pullman (18 Av. Suffren)

Vijay Assudani

Mobile : 0685386731

Duration: 21st April - 3rd May

City: Frankfurt

Hotel: Europa

Anthony Bachwani

Mobile : 015127929944

Duration: 5th May - 6th May

City: Vienna

Hotel: Ibis

Anthony Bachwani

Mobile : +490152127929944

Duration: 7th May - 9th May

City: Munich

Hotel: Dolomit

Anthony Bachwani

Mobile : 0152127929944

Duration: 10th May - 12th May

City: Brussels

Hotel: Mercure-City Centre

Anthony Bachwani

Mobile : 0486782192

Duration: 13th May - 19th May

City: Luxembourg

Hotel: City Hotel

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 621483889

Duration: 13th May - 20th May

City: Athens

Hotel: FAROS

Anthony Bachwani

Mobile : 06946942487

Duration: 20th May - 25th May

City: Zurich

Hotel: Arlette

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 0767911955

Duration: 21st May - 22nd May

City: Geneva

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 0767911955

Duration: 23rd May - 27th May

City: Milano

Hotel: Mentana

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 3402300426

Duration: 28th May - 30th May

City: Monte Carlo

Hotel: Novotel

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 0752597588

Duration: 31st May - 4th June

City: Madrid

Hotel: Castilla Plaza

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 637123543

Duration: 4th June - 14th June

City: Prague

Hotel: Jurys Inn

Gary Lachwani

Mobile : 608714379

Duration: 16th June - 18th June

post #1849 of 3700
The above is a commercial session ?
post #1850 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by aton View Post

The above is a commercial session ?

 

You mean my post?

 

Not really, no. I'm just sharing what I think is good value. I get asked a lot about that tailor on Tumblr following what I post so I thought it would be interesting for people here as well.

 

I have absolutely no share or interest with that tailor if that's what scares you :)

post #1851 of 3700
Thanks seamasterlux for your clarification.
Sorry if I have mistaken you, but the post provided information seemingly like a commercial.
biggrin.gif
post #1852 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by aton View Post

Thanks seamasterlux for your clarification.
Sorry if I have mistaken you, but the post provided information seemingly like a commercial.
biggrin.gif

 

No worries, you're right to be cautious. I just prefer to send all details about the tailor instead of receiving PMs asking me the various questions that could therefore be answered within the post. 

 

That being said, I definitely continue to do more bespoke in Europe than in HK :)

post #1853 of 3700
So much prefer the lower button stance on the last jacket shown. What do you direct, if anything, in that respect?
post #1854 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiva View Post

So much prefer the lower button stance on the last jacket shown. What do you direct, if anything, in that respect?

 

I always give garments to replicate so it's simply the fact that the original jacket was cut like that. 

 

Most of the other garments copied were from French tailors whereas the last one was from Napoli; different styles

post #1855 of 3700
@Seamasterlux, I think they did a nice replication job. Out of curiosity, did they manage to replicate how the sleeve work with arms' movement? Do you feel the same when you move your arms?
post #1856 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post

Ar, Just read the blog entry (cannot reach the site from China somehow) I enjoy reading it and keep it going ^^

Surprised by the somewhat negative experience you had, from what I know, the sifu usually does the measuring instead of the boss.

BTW - whats the idea behind the blog and what other tailor shop will you guys be reporting in coming future ? 

We were also surprised that they weren’t able to reach a consensus on how to take typical measurements, such as sleeve length. When we went to pick up the shirt, the sleeves for both our shirts ended up being at least a full inch short (sleeves ended at wrist unbuttoned). Interestingly enough, Felix seems to prefer shorter sleeves as he told us that they would be in line with current trends.

Although Hong Kong is well known for its tailoring, there are just way too many tailors to choose from. Whilst this thread is great for discussions on various tailors, we wanted to provide a more organized library of tailors as a reference for those looking to commission garments in Hong Kong to make the bespoke process smoother. Our plan is to start with items such as shirts and if readership shows a demand, to move onto other items such as jackets or trousers.

On the flip side, Hong Kong’s tailoring industry has shrunk considerably from its heyday. So, we wanted to use our blog to showcase Hong Kong tailors and their ability to create excellent clothing efficiently and inexpensively. Hopefully by doing so, we can someday help propel the Hong Kong tailoring industry to its former reputation.

We've got two lesser known tailors lined up right now, Chiu Ah Tailor and Sun May Shirts, both situated in Wan Chai. We will be posting our reviews of them in the coming months.

TMT

Edit: Oh, and we like clothes!
Edited by toomanytailors - 8/26/14 at 3:30am
post #1857 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytailors View Post


We were also surprised that they weren’t able to reach a consensus on how to take typical measurements, such as sleeve length. When we went to pick up the shirt, the sleeves for both our shirts ended up being at least a full inch short (sleeves ended at wrist unbuttoned). Interestingly enough, Felix seems to prefer shorter sleeves as he told us that they would be in line with current trends.

Although Hong Kong is well known for its tailoring, there are just way too many tailors to choose from. Whilst this thread is great for discussions on various tailors, we wanted to provide a more organized library of tailors as a reference for those looking to commission garments in Hong Kong to make the bespoke process smoother. Our plan is to start with items such as shirts and if readership shows a demand, to move onto other items such as jackets or trousers.

On the flip side, Hong Kong’s tailoring industry has shrunk considerably from its heyday. So, we wanted to use our blog to showcase Hong Kong tailors and their ability to create excellent clothing efficiently and inexpensively. Hopefully by doing so, we can someday help propel the Hong Kong tailoring industry to its former reputation.

We've got two lesser known tailors lined up right now, Chiu Ah Tailor and Sun May Shirts, both situated in Wan Chai. We will be posting our reviews of them in the coming months.

TMT

Edit: Oh, and we like clothes!

interesting view, my colleague has different experience there which is quiet positive and for MT fabric it is a good deal here in HK

 

***

Encounter a question and wonder if any SF-er here could give some advise :

 

I will bring my own fabric to CMT to a tailor that I have been using for a while, however, they don't do milanese buttonhole......is there some alternation shop that can perform this single task ?

post #1858 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippotamus View Post


Encounter a question and wonder if any SF-er here could give some advise :

I will bring my own fabric to CMT to a tailor that I have been using for a while, however, they don't do milanese buttonhole......is there some alternation shop that can perform this single task ?

None, as I know of.
post #1859 of 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by addedfuel View Post

Tin Lun alterations on 87, Hollywood. Sheung Wan. Great service specialising in alterations of suits. Lane Crawford, pal zileri, zegna all do their alterations here. They are often surprised to get walk-in customers because it's mostly the stores who bring them the alterations. Fair price and friendly but Cantonese Speaking.


Went there today, definitely the best in Hong Kong (I mean they can do handmade buttonholes!!! I was aghast when they asked me whether I wanted the buttonholes to be machine made or handmade; I also looked at one of their samples, not quite Kiton quality but still very good, approx. WW Chan quality). I just had a look and all the suits they were working on were Canali, Brioni, RLPL, Kiton. They actually speak very good English. Only thing is that they are a bit expensive.

post #1860 of 3700

Crosspost with Dream Bespoke:

 

Quote:
 

 ...here's my first basted fitting.

 

 

Apparently I am a pain to tailor for because of my dropped shoulder and so on, so I'm getting like 4 fittings it looks like, and they made the vest in another material to test. Had to extend the lapel a bit and shorten the trousers. No Asian jokes plz but they gave me too much rise.

 

Also went to Moda for shirts and suit. Very good experience with both companies. I'll write a more indepth review later on.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread