or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 105

post #1561 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-ModaR View Post
 

 

Hi Kenny I will speak to my staff again tomorrow but I wanted to make sure of a few things. From your messages you mentioned you said you didn't want a fused suit, so you actually paid for a half canvas / full canvas surcharge and it wasn't done? If this is the case this is very big issue and I will definitely have a serious talk w/ them. However if you're saying that you had assumed your suit wouldn't be fused since you had purchased a more expensive one then I apologize for the confusion. All our starting prices are for fused suits and there's an option to pay a surcharge for half / full canvas at the INITIAL ordering stage. The staff have to be told prior to suit construction and you need to specify if you want a half canvas or full canvas. Anyhow either way I'd offer you a remake no matter what the case but just wanted to make things clear. 

 

Dear Alex and isolation, 

First, we all know that it is irreversible for a suit remake it from fused to full canvas.  So useless for any remake. 

Second, I am not the people who is keen on gaining petty advantages. If a shop need to pay few more thousand dollars for fabric and money for the tailor, that is not fair for them. 

Third, I really really make myself clear to your staff and tailor that I don't want a fused suit and your staff didnt tell me that there are a different between full canvas and half canvass. Just at the date I got my suit, I cant see any full canvas feature on my suit. Then I ask your staff my suit is fused or not. He finally said that is fused and he mention that next time you can add 800 HKD for a full canvass one. At that time, your brother Chris also feel that something happen and ask me any unsatisfactory on the final product. I think it cant have any change after the suit complete, so I didnt say anything of it . 

 

Alex, I am not going to ask you to make another suit for me, I have to make my view point very clear, "I am not asking to gain any benefit just like the gangster" and I dont want to make anyone to loss their job. All is my fault, didnt ask all people clear and write clear on the order form.  

post #1562 of 1814
.....
post #1563 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Lo View Post
 

 

Dear Alex and isolation, 

First, we all know that it is irreversible for a suit remake it from fused to full canvas.  So useless for any remake. 

Second, I am not the people who is keen on gaining petty advantages. If a shop need to pay few more thousand dollars for fabric and money for the tailor, that is not fair for them. 

Third, I really really make myself clear to your staff and tailor that I don't want a fused suit and your staff didnt tell me that there are a different between full canvas and half canvass. Just at the date I got my suit, I cant see any full canvas feature on my suit. Then I ask your staff my suit is fused or not. He finally said that is fused and he mention that next time you can add 800 HKD for a full canvass one. At that time, your brother Chris also feel that something happen and ask me any unsatisfactory on the final product. I think it cant have any change after the suit complete, so I didnt say anything of it . 

 

Alex, I am not going to ask you to make another suit for me, I have to make my view point very clear, "I am not asking to gain any benefit just like the gangster" and I dont want to make anyone to loss their job. All is my fault, didnt ask all people clear and write clear on the order form.  

Hi Kenny, I definitely don't think you are bullying us into a remake. My main point was that if you did ask for something and for whatever reason it wasn't done, the responsibility lies on us to get it right. Having said that perhaps I wasn't clear about the remake. I would actually reorder you new fabric and redo the whole jacket. At any rate I appreciate that you don't want to get anyone into trouble but it definitely seems like a mistake was made so I will speak to my staff about this. Thank you very much for highlighting this to me

post #1564 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Lo View Post

Dear Alex and isolation, 
First, we all know that it is irreversible for a suit remake it from fused to full canvas.  So useless for any remake. 
Second, I am not the people who is keen on gaining petty advantages. If a shop need to pay few more thousand dollars for fabric and money for the tailor, that is not fair for them. 
Third, I really really make myself clear to your staff and tailor that I don't want a fused suit and your staff didnt tell me that there are a different between full canvas and half canvass. Just at the date I got my suit, I cant see any full canvas feature on my suit. Then I ask your staff my suit is fused or not. He finally said that is fused and he mention that next time you can add 800 HKD for a full canvass one. At that time, your brother Chris also feel that something happen and ask me any unsatisfactory on the final product. I think it cant have any change after the suit complete, so I didnt say anything of it . 

Alex, I am not going to ask you to make another suit for me, I have to make my view point very clear, "I am not asking to gain any benefit just like the gangster" and I dont want to make anyone to loss their job. All is my fault, didnt ask all people clear and write clear on the order form.  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Lo View Post

Dear Alex and isolation, 
First, we all know that it is irreversible for a suit remake it from fused to full canvas.  So useless for any remake. 
Second, I am not the people who is keen on gaining petty advantages. If a shop need to pay few more thousand dollars for fabric and money for the tailor, that is not fair for them. 
Third, I really really make myself clear to your staff and tailor that I don't want a fused suit and your staff didnt tell me that there are a different between full canvas and half canvass. Just at the date I got my suit, I cant see any full canvas feature on my suit. Then I ask your staff my suit is fused or not. He finally said that is fused and he mention that next time you can add 800 HKD for a full canvass one. At that time, your brother Chris also feel that something happen and ask me any unsatisfactory on the final product. I think it cant have any change after the suit complete, so I didnt say anything of it . 

Alex, I am not going to ask you to make another suit for me, I have to make my view point very clear, "I am not asking to gain any benefit just like the gangster" and I dont want to make anyone to loss their job. All is my fault, didnt ask all people clear and write clear on the order form.  

Hi Kenny,

A fuse jacket can made into a full canvass jacket by order about one yd of same fabric. Remark made the front part including lapel. Sleeves, side body and jacket back can save.
post #1565 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-ModaR View Post

Hi Kenny, I definitely don't think you are bullying us into a remake. My main point was that if you did ask for something and for whatever reason it wasn't done, the responsibility lies on us to get it right. Having said that perhaps I wasn't clear about the remake. I would actually reorder you new fabric and redo the whole jacket. At any rate I appreciate that you don't want to get anyone into trouble but it definitely seems like a mistake was made so I will speak to my staff about this. Thank you very much for highlighting this to me
Alex, appreciate you willing to face the problem, but I really don't want you to blame any staff there, especially the tailor, I don't want to see they loss the job because of me.
Car hing,
Although just one yard of fabric also cost them money. It is unfair to them
post #1566 of 1814

I think Alex would rather fix this problem and prove to the forum that they will not allow shady mistakes to happen than the cost of one yard of fabric.

 

While I am here, Alex/Chris, the cost for full canvass CMT for 2 piece is 2250, is that correct? I forgot to ask if that's with full canvass. Also, what's the markup with half or quarter lining? I assume working cuffs are free. What buttons do you use, and what other options do you have that require extra money? Would be nice if you can lay it out here (ie. do you do milanese buttonholes, charge for other kinds of shoulders/stylings, etc).

 

Kenny, in the interest of those on this forum and I think even the MR team, if you can post your suit or allow them to remake, everyone will gain: you will get a new suit, and they will get to show the forum their product (and if they are good as they claim they will gain more exposure), and we get to judge for ourselves their quality. I think it'd be a win win situation for everyone if you have the time. If simply you don't have the time that's reasonable, but saying that you don't want to waste their money for labour + extra fabric is not accurate as they probably value good PR more than that fabric from one customer because what you said about them is somewhat damaging.

 

And of course as I am still considering getting suits done by them I'm very interested in seeing their quality and I'd personally really appreciate it if you can show some pictures.

post #1567 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

I think Alex would rather fix this problem and prove to the forum that they will not allow shady mistakes to happen than the cost of one yard of fabric.

While I am here, Alex/Chris, the cost for full canvass CMT for 2 piece is 2250, is that correct? I forgot to ask if that's with full canvass. Also, what's the markup with half or quarter lining? I assume working cuffs are free. What buttons do you use, and what other options do you have that require extra money? Would be nice if you can lay it out here (ie. do you do milanese buttonholes, charge for other kinds of shoulders/stylings, etc).

Kenny, in the interest of those on this forum and I think even the MR team, if you can post your suit or allow them to remake, everyone will gain: you will get a new suit, and they will get to show the forum their product (and if they are good as they claim they will gain more exposure), and we get to judge for ourselves their quality. I think it'd be a win win situation for everyone if you have the time. If simply you don't have the time that's reasonable, but saying that you don't want to waste their money for labour + extra fabric is not accurate as they probably value good PR more than that fabric from one customer because what you said about them is somewhat damaging.

And of course as I am still considering getting suits done by them I'm very interested in seeing their quality and I'd personally really appreciate it if you can show some pictures.
Isolation
I am not unsatisfactory because of their cutting and style, what I concern is the structure of the suit. I am not the one who damaging other for gaining my own benefit. Actually, I posted those photo on another forum to ask some Ching to comment like you, you can ask classic car and fish ball. And Alex and Chris must know about this problem is not concerning the fitting, style and cutting.
And I don't think the remake offer is a PR skills or even an offer to cover my mouth, that is not the meaning of Alex and Chris. I do think that it is just like what Chris said this is a return policy other than what I have mentioned above.
post #1568 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

I think Alex would rather fix this problem and prove to the forum that they will not allow shady mistakes to happen than the cost of one yard of fabric.

While I am here, Alex/Chris, the cost for full canvass CMT for 2 piece is 2250, is that correct? I forgot to ask if that's with full canvass. Also, what's the markup with half or quarter lining? I assume working cuffs are free. What buttons do you use, and what other options do you have that require extra money? Would be nice if you can lay it out here (ie. do you do milanese buttonholes, charge for other kinds of shoulders/stylings, etc).

Kenny, in the interest of those on this forum and I think even the MR team, if you can post your suit or allow them to remake, everyone will gain: you will get a new suit, and they will get to show the forum their product (and if they are good as they claim they will gain more exposure), and we get to judge for ourselves their quality. I think it'd be a win win situation for everyone if you have the time. If simply you don't have the time that's reasonable, but saying that you don't want to waste their money for labour + extra fabric is not accurate as they probably value good PR more than that fabric from one customer because what you said about them is somewhat damaging.

And of course as I am still considering getting suits done by them I'm very interested in seeing their quality and I'd personally really appreciate it if you can show some pictures.

Remake the jacket = a new suit ??

As I can remember, Kenny 's is a 3 pcs suit, the vest may needed to remake too. Canvas vest is very difficult to make. Many tailors can do full canvas jacket but not canvas vest.

If Kenny is telling the truth, he has the right to do so.

If you continue to use Moda, it is your will but Kenny has his own will too.
post #1569 of 1814
Haha. Kenny, I don't have any recollection of your suit, I am getting old. facepalm.gif
post #1570 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Car View Post

Canvas vest is very difficult to make. Many tailors can do full canvas jacket but not canvas vest.

Is it really so?

I think I have a couple of vest were canvassed, including a very cheap one, it just cost me HKD300 back then, around 2007.
They don't want to do and don't know how to do is two different things.
post #1571 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post

Is it really so?

I think I have a couple of vest were canvassed, including a very cheap one, it just cost me HKD300 back then, around 2007.
They don't want to do and don't know how to do is two different things.

Excluding Lai sifu, can you suggest some middle price tailor who can do canvas vest?
post #1572 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

I think Alex would rather fix this problem and prove to the forum that they will not allow shady mistakes to happen than the cost of one yard of fabric.

 

While I am here, Alex/Chris, the cost for full canvass CMT for 2 piece is 2250, is that correct? I forgot to ask if that's with full canvass. Also, what's the markup with half or quarter lining? I assume working cuffs are free. What buttons do you use, and what other options do you have that require extra money? Would be nice if you can lay it out here (ie. do you do milanese buttonholes, charge for other kinds of shoulders/stylings, etc).

 

Kenny, in the interest of those on this forum and I think even the MR team, if you can post your suit or allow them to remake, everyone will gain: you will get a new suit, and they will get to show the forum their product (and if they are good as they claim they will gain more exposure), and we get to judge for ourselves their quality. I think it'd be a win win situation for everyone if you have the time. If simply you don't have the time that's reasonable, but saying that you don't want to waste their money for labour + extra fabric is not accurate as they probably value good PR more than that fabric from one customer because what you said about them is somewhat damaging.

 

And of course as I am still considering getting suits done by them I'm very interested in seeing their quality and I'd personally really appreciate it if you can show some pictures.

By fulfilling the curiosity of isolation and be fair to MR, I upload four photo of the suit here. I know that these photos were taken by my cell phone please accept the quality and my posture and outlooking is not as good as isolation so i better hide myself. 

As I mentioned before, I am happy with the cutting, fitting and style but not the structure. May be some experienced chings can comment again including isolation. 

If everyone think that remake is a better option for building up the reputation of MR then I will consider and I will pay for the extra fee for a full canvass charge. 

i HAVE TO state that I am not gangster for damaging and bullying on some tailor shop. If you read back all my reply. 

 

 

 

post #1573 of 1814

I don't think anyone is accusing you of anything, and certainly you are doing me a favor in posting these photos, so thanks a lot. Also it's universally accepted that apparently I lack the basic skill of posturing for a simple photo so I'm in no position to comment.

post #1574 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post

haha, you are right, my friend! fing02[1].gif

Happy Labor day! Although it is not Labor day in States today!

You mean May Day, my friend!!
post #1575 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Lo View Post

By fulfilling the curiosity of isolation and be fair to MR, I upload four photo of the suit here. I know that these photos were taken by my cell phone please accept the quality and my posture and outlooking is not as good as isolation so i better hide myself. 
As I mentioned before, I am happy with the cutting, fitting and style but not the structure. May be some experienced chings can comment again including isolation. 
If everyone think that remake is a better option for building up the reputation of MR then I will consider and I will pay for the extra fee for a full canvass charge. 
i HAVE TO state that I am not gangster for damaging and bullying on some tailor shop. If you read back all my reply. 











From a brief look, my comments are bad cut for the trousers, not even properly hanged. No attention to your lower right shoulder, your right sleeve is shorter and a dimple in your right shoulder from the back. Trousers need a remake more than the jacket. Their fitting is a MTM standard and below bespoke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread