1. I have a Cartier Tank for dressing smartly.
2. I have a bunch of divers and others for casual.
3. I hate buying new and would always prefer used.
4. I find anything over 41-42mm too large to be acceptable on my wrist, with my clothes, or in general.
5. I have an utterly irrational predujice against Rolex.
I oddly fancy a chrono or similar of some kind, not too expensive. On which basis, I am mulling over:
1. Omega Speedmaster.
2. Breitling Navitimer (smaller sizes, not the 46).
3. Brietling Datora.
4. TAG Carrera - not the one with two very obvious dials, but the variants with a plainer face and the sub-dial at 6 o'clock.
I know the correct answer is Speedmaster. But I somehow just cannot get excited about them. Though I have tried.
I also know the TAGs are supposed to be overpriced rubbish. But they are cheaper, used. And some look very classic. Are they reallly that awful? Ideally, I would like a pre-TAG Heuer, but is a post-TAG TAG Heuer as mediocre as many think?
And I know Brietlings divide opinion. Including mine, where I prefer the Datora to the Navi, bizarrely because it looks likes a Navi, but isn't, if you get what I mean.
1. I hugely admire IWC, but have never had an "oh yeah" moment with any of them.
1. Datora, probably. But please argue against.