or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Charles Tyrwhitt Dress Shirt advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charles Tyrwhitt Dress Shirt advice - Page 2

post #16 of 41

Are there photos of what an ideal Tyrwhitt shirt fit on a person looks like?  Perhaps you could post your own images?

 

I just received my first shirt (extra slim, 16" collar).  Collar is perfect, sleeve is good, chest size is a little too big, arms/shoulders are a bit baggy.

 

Also, do Sea Island not exist for extra slim?  

post #17 of 41

I'm pretty sure the only difference between slim and extra slim is that the extras are darted to take about 2 inches off the waist.

post #18 of 41
Wrong, they are also about half an inch shorter and much slimmer in the arm.
post #19 of 41
ESF are also slimmer in the chest.
post #20 of 41
Can someone post a fit pic in the CT extra slim fit range please?

I heard that CT shirts are square and flatter in the shoulders than others, so I need to confirm this.

My shoulders are almost a horizontal line, so I'm still on the endless quest for square shoulder rtw shirts and suits.
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post

Can someone post a fit pic in the CT extra slim fit range please?

I heard that CT shirts are square and flatter in the shoulders than others, so I need to confirm this.

My shoulders are almost a horizontal line, so I'm still on the endless quest for square shoulder rtw shirts and suits.

 

I don't have square shoulders but I hope the below images help.

Black label has imitation MoP plastic buttons but the luxury label is definitely real MoP (albiet rather thin) buttons. Both yokes are vertically split.

The luxury label cloth is rather thin. In one of the pictures, I did a close up to show the visibility of the singlet underneath (it's even more distinct to the eye). This issue can be mitigated with an undershirt and if you live in a warmer climate, I think the cloth is quite suitable.

The ESF is noticeably tighter around the arms but I think I'll stick to this fit for future purchases. My waist in 35".

 

Some Pics of Slim and Extra Slim (Click to show)

Black Label ESF:

 

 

 

 

 


Luxury Label SF:
 

 

 

 

 

 

post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
 

 

I don't have square shoulders but I hope the below images help.

Black label has imitation MoP plastic buttons but the luxury label is definitely real MoP (albiet rather thin) buttons. Both yokes are vertically split.

The luxury label cloth is rather thin. In one of the pictures, I did a close up to show the visibility of the singlet underneath (it's even more distinct to the eye). This issue can be mitigated with an undershirt and if you live in a warmer climate, I think the cloth is quite suitable.

The ESF is noticeably tighter around the arms but I think I'll stick to this fit for future purchases. My waist in 35".

 

Some Pics of Slim and Extra Slim (Click to show)

Black Label ESF:

 

 

 

 

 


Luxury Label SF:
 

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you. ESF looks like a good fit on you!

post #23 of 41

Cheers,

 

I got the luxury in slim with the intention of sending it to the tailor to get the best fit possible. I haven't got round to that yet but I think the ESF OTR doesn't even need adjustments for me. Definitely saves myself a few dollars.

If you do purchase, I advise using the UK site because [edit] the other sites use an unfavourable exchange rate and there are offers for free shipping or 12% [edit] discount atm.

post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
 

 

I don't have square shoulders but I hope the below images help.

Black label has imitation MoP plastic buttons but the luxury label is definitely real MoP (albiet rather thin) buttons. Both yokes are vertically split.

The luxury label cloth is rather thin. In one of the pictures, I did a close up to show the visibility of the singlet underneath (it's even more distinct to the eye). This issue can be mitigated with an undershirt and if you live in a warmer climate, I think the cloth is quite suitable.

The ESF is noticeably tighter around the arms but I think I'll stick to this fit for future purchases. My waist in 35".

 

Some Pics of Slim and Extra Slim (Click to show)

Black Label ESF:

 

 

 

 

 


Luxury Label SF:
 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry to come so late to the party here. That ESF looks good. I just got a couple CT shirts and while they are comfortable and look great for the most part, MAN are they thin. I went with the twill for a dressier plain shirt but now I wish I had gone with a different weave to try and hide it. I am debating sending them back. Any suggestions on what I can get that wont be quite so see-through?

post #25 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZBrown View Post
 

Sorry to come so late to the party here. That ESF looks good. I just got a couple CT shirts and while they are comfortable and look great for the most part, MAN are they thin. I went with the twill for a dressier plain shirt but now I wish I had gone with a different weave to try and hide it. I am debating sending them back. Any suggestions on what I can get that wont be quite so see-through?

 

I have found their poplins' to be quite thin. Are you referring to the new range of Egyptian cotton twills MZB? I don't own an example but I would think any of the shirts made from a basket weave material wouldn't be as thin.

post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
 

 

I have found their poplins' to be quite thin. Are you referring to the new range of Egyptian cotton twills MZB? I don't own an example but I would think any of the shirts made from a basket weave material wouldn't be as thin.

I got some of their non-iron slim fit twills and you can really see through them pretty well. Even with patterns. I figured for sure it would be thicker. 

Here are the ones I got for reference:

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirts/men's-dress-shirts/White-twill-non--iron-slim-fit-shirt?q=usddefault||fn017wht|||||407,||||||||

http://www.ctshirts.com/White--and--sky--twill--stripe--non----iron--slim--fit--shirt?q=usddefault|FN107WSK|fn107wsk|||||||||||||

http://www.ctshirts.com/Royal--twill--grid--check--non----iron--slim--fit--shirt?q=usddefault|FN260RYL|fn260ryl|||||||||||||

post #27 of 41
I'm wearing that middle one right now, and its fine... how freaking dark are your nipples/chest hair!?
post #28 of 41
I have over a dozen of the white twill and have no issues with them being thin. Consider some grey undershirts if you really find this problematic.
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

I'm wearing that middle one right now, and its fine... how freaking dark are your nipples/chest hair!?

like night!

 

no, its just lighter than I am used to. I have a darker tan skin color than some others, so I guess it stands out more.

the biggie for me is the fact that its light enough tattoos show through. I think I am going to keep them anyways because to be honest the quality is still damn excellent for the price.

post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

I have over a dozen of the white twill and have no issues with them being thin. Consider some grey undershirts if you really find this problematic.

thanks for the advice. I usually hate undershirts but in this case it might need to be done. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Charles Tyrwhitt Dress Shirt advice