• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$50 - ET Wright (Sanders&Sanders) Double Monks. 11.5B/11D

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD
smile.gif

Bought these off rach2jlc a couple weeks back, but they're too big. In the spirit of egalitarianism, I'm selling for what I paid: $50 incl. shipping. They're a gorgeous pair in great shape. New but for slight creasing due to try-ons, and a small nick b/w the two buckles (you can see it in the last picture, but it can be taken care of with some polish and a buff).

Although labeled 11.5B, they fit much more like a true 11C. 12.25" heel-to-toe and 4" across at widest point

Color in first two pictures is most accurate -

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12.25" long and 4" across is more like a 11C, just so you know. I am a true 11D and bought the 12B in the ET Wright, which fits just about right (4 3/8" across at the widest point)

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would buy these, but he sold me some 10.5 B's, which were too small to begin with, and have stretched out to fit better than any pair of shoes I own.
The color is awesome, and will take antiquing very well.
I antiqued mine with some dark brown shoe polish and I am super pleased with the results.
THESE SHOES ARE AN AMAZING DEAL!!!

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so these will def. not fit 11 1/2? I could usually wear 11 1/2 in Grenson

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
so these will def. not fit 11 1/2? I could usually wear 11 1/2 in Grenson

It depends if you have a wide or narrow foot. If your foot is on the narrower side, I'd say you might be able to make them work. But, if you are an 11.5D or 11.5E in a brand like AE, then I think these might be too narrow. For example, I'm an 11D (or just SLIGHTLY narrower) and I bought an 11.5B for myself and they fit wonderfully.

As for the others who have mentioned their pairs, I'm glad you like them. When I bought my pair initially, I felt like they were a great shoe for the money. I've worn my double monks a few times by now and have been very satisfied overall. It's just a shame that ET Wright doesn't market them better or, actually, that their regular line of shoe is so unbelievably ******. I wonder how many people just gloss right past them, thinking that they are made in the same places as the regular ET Wright shoes?

On the other hand, maybe I'm glad that they don't market them better, because otherwise I don't think we'd ever be able to find them at that price.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are the other Wrights really that bad these days? They have some awful designs and clunky lasts, but what about the construction quality? I have a pair from (I'm guessing) quite a few few years ago that I found as deadstock, and I like them a good bit, at least for the $30 I paid. They're welted, comfortable and have held up well. They're no AE, but they're much nicer than most shoes that retail in the $150 price range, including J&Ms.

That said, I haven't seen any new Wrights to compare them with. Have things gone downhill?

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit, now I'm all tempted to keep the shoes and deal with their being a size too big. But I have enough shoes a half-size too large and don't feel like dealing with another pair.

John - no chance more of these are available in a size smaller?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Damnit, now I'm all tempted to keep the shoes and deal with their being a size too big. But I have enough shoes a half-size too large and don't feel like dealing with another pair.

John - no chance more of these are available in a size smaller?

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I bought about 20 pairs altogether and that was about all that they had. Plus, with gas going up and my work schedule, I just can't keep driving thirty miles each way every weekend to buy shoes.

And, Doc, the regular line ones I saw at that store were unbelievably crappy. They were made in Italy, supposedly, but looked shabby in terms of the leathers used, the shape/fit, and all around construction. That's not to say that a few of their models wouldn't be okay, given that they obviously utilize a number of different makers to produce the shoes, but in general the one's I saw I wouldn't have paid $20 for.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some in-soles for them, that is how I stretched mine, I put some insoles in, wet my socks a bit and wore them for a day. I have several pairs of shoes that are too big, insoles work great....
KEEP THEM, these shoes are bad ass for the price, they are bad ass for double the price.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any left in a UK10 EUR 44 AE 10.5E/E or 11 D? Please advise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads