or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What are the ties in the show "Suits"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are the ties in the show "Suits"

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I saw the last episode and Harvey had on a very nice dark grey/black tie. Here are some pics, although kind of hard to tell the details:



post #2 of 16
Love that show! The suits (at least Harvey's) are by Tom Ford. No idea where his ties are from, though I'd be curious to know, too, as there certainly are some nice ones in the show.
post #3 of 16
Purely excellent show.
And last nights episode was amazing! (no spoilers)

I did think his suits looked similar to Tom Ford's cuts
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd View Post

Purely excellent show.
And last nights episode was amazing! (no spoilers)

I did think his suits looked similar to Tom Ford's cuts

 

It is Tom ford :D

post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Love that show! The suits (at least Harvey's) are by Tom Ford. No idea where his ties are from, though I'd be curious to know, too, as there certainly are some nice ones in the show.


I remember reading they are from Brioni, Etro, and Zegna. His Suits are all Tom Ford, his shirts are Brioni apparently and shoes are A. Testoni

Heres an article that lists some of the stuff he wears, i can't seem to find the one i read last year though.


http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/08/harvey-specter-from-suits.html
post #6 of 16

Hi,

 

To add to Jeff13007, another link to answer your question: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/08/harvey-specter-from-suits.html

 

 

For the same romance factor, she outfits him with vintage cuff links from Sandy Wolson.

His suits are Tom Ford, and they are tailored for the character. Shirts are also Tom Ford and Harry Rosen.

"In Toronto, it is the center of the universe for men's clothing," Andreatta says. "It is very, very fashion forward. They have four floors and have very, very classic and handmade (clothes) on the top floor."

His shirts are Pink TartanCanaliBrioni and Boss.

 

Set in the cutthroat world of a top New York law firm, this isn't the sort of office where ties are optional. Specter's ties are from Tom Ford, BurberryArmaniEtroHermes and Barneys.

post #7 of 16
Quote:
Harry Rosen..."In Toronto, it is the center of the universe for men's clothing," Andreatta says. "It is very, very fashion forward. They have four floors and have very, very classic and handmade (clothes) on the top floor."

That is hilarious. Apparently a small TF boutique in one store and a bit of RLBL makes you fashion forward. Harry Rosen's inventory is 90% navy/grey conservative cuts for overweight bankers and lawyers who work on Bay Street.
post #8 of 16

Been so addicted to this show! I just discovered it last week and it has really motivated me to dress nicer Hahah 

post #9 of 16

The show is alright, but it's just like dozens of other shows. The main characters always have well-paying careers, and the show is usually about their workplace (lawfirm, office, hospital, etc), but they never actually work, haha. They just bounce around, involved in soap-opera issues. When there is a little work to be done, the main character always has a "superpower" that allows her/him to complete the job as quickly as possible and get back to the soap-opera (see: Mike's super memory)...all of the glamour...none of the work. You start to understand why everyone's so lazy and has an entitled attitude.

post #10 of 16
love the show and harvey's attire. but the big half-windsor knots don't do it for me.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

The show is alright, but it's just like dozens of other shows. The main characters always have well-paying careers, and the show is usually about their workplace (lawfirm, office, hospital, etc), but they never actually work, haha. They just bounce around, involved in soap-opera issues. When there is a little work to be done, the main character always has a "superpower" that allows her/him to complete the job as quickly as possible and get back to the soap-opera (see: Mike's super memory)...all of the glamour...none of the work. You start to understand why everyone's so lazy and has an entitled attitude.

If the show was exactly like real life, it would suck. nod[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizou View Post

love the show and harvey's attire. but the big half-windsor knots don't do it for me.

Agreed. I much prefer the four-in-hand. But I think the bold nature of a Windsor knot works well for Harvey's character.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

The show is alright, but it's just like dozens of other shows. The main characters always have well-paying careers, and the show is usually about their workplace (lawfirm, office, hospital, etc), but they never actually work, haha. They just bounce around, involved in soap-opera issues. When there is a little work to be done, the main character always has a "superpower" that allows her/him to complete the job as quickly as possible and get back to the soap-opera (see: Mike's super memory)...all of the glamour...none of the work. You start to understand why everyone's so lazy and has an entitled attitude.

 

When I turn on the TV, I don't want to watch you sit at your desk all day.

post #13 of 16
Harvey's attire drove me to realize mine was a dated crappy mess. Lead me to SF and with the help of this site and the great advice, my new wardrobe. The show was very good at first, but I think it's gone down hill a bit. Story lines became too outlandish. But the suits are inspirational.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post


If the show was exactly like real life, it would suck. nod[1].gif
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd View Post

 

When I turn on the TV, I don't want to watch you sit at your desk all day.

...agreed 100% with both of you guys. If it was just like real life, it wouldn't stay on tv. I wasn't saying that it should be. I was just pointing out that it follows the same plot as every other show on tv:

 

1) The show's about a law firm (or a hospital or office) to give it a serious tone and cover up the fact that it's just a soap opera.

2) It's almost completely focused on everything other than actual work issues (clothes, sex, money).

3) In the rare instance where there is work to be done, the main characters always have "superpowers" that allow them to be top-performing hotshots without actually having to work for it.

 

Those "life of luxury with none of the work" stories are exactly what viewers want, but they also make people lazy and falsely entitled.

post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

...agreed 100% with both of you guys. If it was just like real life, it wouldn't stay on tv. I wasn't saying that it should be. I was just pointing out that it follows the same plot as every other show on tv:

1) The show's about a law firm (or a hospital or office) to give it a serious tone and cover up the fact that it's just a soap opera.
IMO, life itself tends to be just one big soap opera.

2) It's almost completely focused on everything other than actual work issues (clothes, sex, money)
Seems realistic to me. In general, I find that most people don't give a damn about work. They're preoccupied with their own hidden agendas..

3) In the rare instance where there is work to be done, the main characters always have "superpowers" that allow them to be top-performing hotshots without actually having to work for it.
It only appears that way to the "naked eye". If you watch and listen closely, you'll see the character developments. It's not necessarily the tasks they are doing that intrigue the viewers. It's how the characters interact with each other and how they deal with adversity/challenges.

Those "life of luxury with none of the work" stories are exactly what viewers want, but they also make people lazy and falsely entitled.
I manage a staff and unfortunately, many people don't need shows to egg them on. They get there all by themselves. People tend to over-estimate their abilities and contributions to the companies they work for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What are the ties in the show "Suits"