Ordered my first shirt to see how they fit me. It should be waiting for me when I get home next week. They really do have amazing customer service. Hopefully I will post some pics when it arrives.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Zegna, Canali, Partenopea, Spano, Truzzi, Greenfield Shirts size 15.5-16 Last post on 6/28/16 at 12:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Free shirts Last post on 6/27/16 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 37post #542 of 154811/4/13 at 3:45pmpost #543 of 154811/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #544 of 154811/8/13 at 8:13pmpost #545 of 154811/9/13 at 6:24amMy size finally came in for the Blue OCBD. I had to go up in size because the smaller size was too small in the shoulders and across the chest. The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
Not fit pic right now. In packaging;post #546 of 154811/10/13 at 7:41pmpost #547 of 154811/11/13 at 6:29pmQuote:Thanks very much for the prewash photos. Actually the sleeves don't look long in the pictures, even though 87 cm is 34.25 inches. How do they feel to you? Also how snug is the collar?Originally Posted by Winston S.
The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
My neck measures at 15.25 inches so I usually wear a 15.5-33 extra slim. The collar is a touch loose but 15 is definitely too snug. I asked kamakura and they recommended their Tokyo Slim 15.75-33 over your size (15 1/3 - 34.25) but I am concerned the neck will be too big and the body too blousy in the larger size.post #548 of 154811/15/13 at 2:40pmQuestion for long time buyers of this brand. Recently they made some changes to the NY Slim Fit. The shirts in my size used to be 16 1/2 x 36 1/3, but are now listed as 16 1/2 x 36 1/2. I'm happy they made the sleeves longer, but am curious if any other changes were made to the shirt's overall fit. Was it just the sleeve length? I ask because I own one of the older models at 36 1/3 that I bought off eBay, BNWT and would like to order the more.post #549 of 154811/17/13 at 5:09pmpost #550 of 154811/17/13 at 5:39pmpost #551 of 154811/17/13 at 6:12pmpost #552 of 154811/17/13 at 9:31pmpost #553 of 154811/17/13 at 9:34pmpost #554 of 154811/17/13 at 9:37pmpost #555 of 154811/17/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Once you throw in shipping (which is pretty blood quick from Japan), I don't bother.
If I was doing a huge order, sure I'd consider forwarding it - but when I buy my shirts from Kamakura 2 at a time - meh.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1466 Active Users (269 Members and 1197 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 4 minutes ago
- › Brexit 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding