Ordered my first shirt to see how they fit me. It should be waiting for me when I get home next week. They really do have amazing customer service. Hopefully I will post some pics when it arrives.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 8:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- Patrik Ervell Ocean Print Formal Shirt, Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 4:17 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Nonnative Traveler pullover shirt Last post on Yesterday at 3:51 pm in Marketplace
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 37
Styleforum Top Pickspost #542 of 131311/4/13 at 3:45pmpost #543 of 131311/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #544 of 131311/8/13 at 8:13pmpost #545 of 131311/9/13 at 6:24amMy size finally came in for the Blue OCBD. I had to go up in size because the smaller size was too small in the shoulders and across the chest. The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
Not fit pic right now. In packaging;post #546 of 131311/10/13 at 7:41pmpost #547 of 131311/11/13 at 6:29pmQuote:Thanks very much for the prewash photos. Actually the sleeves don't look long in the pictures, even though 87 cm is 34.25 inches. How do they feel to you? Also how snug is the collar?Originally Posted by Winston S.
The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
My neck measures at 15.25 inches so I usually wear a 15.5-33 extra slim. The collar is a touch loose but 15 is definitely too snug. I asked kamakura and they recommended their Tokyo Slim 15.75-33 over your size (15 1/3 - 34.25) but I am concerned the neck will be too big and the body too blousy in the larger size.post #548 of 131311/15/13 at 2:40pmQuestion for long time buyers of this brand. Recently they made some changes to the NY Slim Fit. The shirts in my size used to be 16 1/2 x 36 1/3, but are now listed as 16 1/2 x 36 1/2. I'm happy they made the sleeves longer, but am curious if any other changes were made to the shirt's overall fit. Was it just the sleeve length? I ask because I own one of the older models at 36 1/3 that I bought off eBay, BNWT and would like to order the more.post #549 of 131311/17/13 at 5:09pmpost #550 of 131311/17/13 at 5:39pmpost #551 of 131311/17/13 at 6:12pmpost #552 of 131311/17/13 at 9:31pmpost #553 of 131311/17/13 at 9:34pmpost #554 of 131311/17/13 at 9:37pmpost #555 of 131311/17/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Once you throw in shipping (which is pretty blood quick from Japan), I don't bother.
If I was doing a huge order, sure I'd consider forwarding it - but when I buy my shirts from Kamakura 2 at a time - meh.
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1615 Active Users (400 Members and 1215 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 36 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A Plea for Help - Wardrobe Creation 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › How do you revitalize or restore tongue on dress boots? 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015