Ordered my first shirt to see how they fit me. It should be waiting for me when I get home next week. They really do have amazing customer service. Hopefully I will post some pics when it arrives.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/22/17 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Taylor Stitch Jack Oxford in Brushed Army Green, size 42 Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL FW16 cotton jersey blue/black plaid shirt. Size Medium. Last post on Yesterday at 8:17 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 37post #542 of 174611/4/13 at 3:45pmpost #543 of 174611/4/13 at 4:18pmpost #544 of 174611/8/13 at 8:13pmpost #545 of 174611/9/13 at 6:24amMy size finally came in for the Blue OCBD. I had to go up in size because the smaller size was too small in the shoulders and across the chest. The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
Not fit pic right now. In packaging;post #546 of 174611/10/13 at 7:41pmpost #547 of 174611/11/13 at 6:29pmQuote:Thanks very much for the prewash photos. Actually the sleeves don't look long in the pictures, even though 87 cm is 34.25 inches. How do they feel to you? Also how snug is the collar?Originally Posted by Winston S.
The arms are longer on this size though so I will need to do some shrinking to get them to the most optimal length. I am a Brooks Brothers ESF 15-33 and went with the Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit in 39-87. Not sure what that translates into for the American sizing as I always spoke to the person helping me in Japanese sizes.
My neck measures at 15.25 inches so I usually wear a 15.5-33 extra slim. The collar is a touch loose but 15 is definitely too snug. I asked kamakura and they recommended their Tokyo Slim 15.75-33 over your size (15 1/3 - 34.25) but I am concerned the neck will be too big and the body too blousy in the larger size.post #548 of 174611/15/13 at 2:40pmQuestion for long time buyers of this brand. Recently they made some changes to the NY Slim Fit. The shirts in my size used to be 16 1/2 x 36 1/3, but are now listed as 16 1/2 x 36 1/2. I'm happy they made the sleeves longer, but am curious if any other changes were made to the shirt's overall fit. Was it just the sleeve length? I ask because I own one of the older models at 36 1/3 that I bought off eBay, BNWT and would like to order the more.post #549 of 174611/17/13 at 5:09pmpost #550 of 174611/17/13 at 5:39pmpost #551 of 174611/17/13 at 6:12pmpost #552 of 174611/17/13 at 9:31pmpost #553 of 174611/17/13 at 9:34pmpost #554 of 174611/17/13 at 9:37pmpost #555 of 174611/17/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Once you throw in shipping (which is pretty blood quick from Japan), I don't bother.
If I was doing a huge order, sure I'd consider forwarding it - but when I buy my shirts from Kamakura 2 at a time - meh.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1654 Active Users (278 Members and 1376 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...