or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 35

post #511 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post

You guys are talking about "the" medium in the Vintage Ivy but according to the online shop it comes in NY or Tokyo fit correct? I'm 5 10" 165 with a 40 chest and 33" waist and prefer a slim fit...what's my best option (website measurements are overwhelming).

Also, does this really ship from Japan and has anyone got hit with customs?

 

I bought the M in the NY fit. It's much more slim than the NY Slim Fit I bought in the OCBD. I've now washed the OCBD once in warm, once in hot and thrown it into the dryer for 10 minutes. The 16 neck was originally too large but now it's about perfect. I initially felt that the sleeves are too long (at 36.5) but I think I'm just not used to having sleeves that are long enough. However, as mentioned earlier, the darts on the NY Slim are so shallow as to hardly be worth even including. If they had a 16/36.5 in the Toyko Slim I doubt that it would be too tight on me.

 

I'm in Toronto and I was sadly hit up with some pretty bad import fees. I'll need to take a trip to NYC next time!

post #512 of 1096
tried it on tonight. fit is perfection. ny slim 16.5/36.5. was afraid the sleeves would be too long, but they are just right. which is odd because i dont think i have very long arms. maybe because my shoulders are broad it makes up for it. whatevz, its perfect, no reason to over-think it.

will defo be getting more in teh future.
post #513 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

tried it on tonight. fit is perfection. ny slim 16.5/36.5. was afraid the sleeves would be too long, but they are just right. which is odd because i dont think i have very long arms. maybe because my shoulders are broad it makes up for it. whatevz, its perfect, no reason to over-think it.

will defo be getting more in teh future.

 

Wore mine for the first time today too. They are great! Cheaper than Brooks Brothers, and better quality from what I can tell. 

post #514 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

tried it on tonight. fit is perfection. ny slim 16.5/36.5. was afraid the sleeves would be too long, but they are just right. which is odd because i dont think i have very long arms. maybe because my shoulders are broad it makes up for it. whatevz, its perfect, no reason to over-think it.

will defo be getting more in teh future.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have three Kama's so far, love them.

My closet is now all Barba black label/gold label/dandylife + mastai feretti custom fit + kamakura tokyo fit

The Barba's are mainly for wear with soots/SCs, and the kama's and mastais for casual wear
post #515 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Wore mine for the first time today too. They are great! Cheaper than Brooks Brothers, and better quality from what I can tell.

i would agree 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have three Kama's so far, love them.
My closet is now all Barba black label/gold label/dandylife + mastai feretti custom fit + kamakura tokyo fit
The Barba's are mainly for wear with soots/SCs, and the kama's and mastais for casual wear

u so fancy !
post #516 of 1096

So many shirts to choose from! I'm definitely grabbing their White and Blue Oxford in Tokyo Slim Fit. What else should I check out?

post #517 of 1096

Spread collars.

post #518 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i would agree 100%.
u so fancy !

it's all about the fit and quality! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

For reference, the 16/41 in Barba black label is very close to a 16 in Tokyo slim
post #519 of 1096

Should I wash my Vintage Ivy Chambray shirt separately the first time? Tag says it's indigo dyed so I'm just wondering if there's any dye coming off in the first wash.

post #520 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Spread collars.

 

Don't think I can resist this one http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_780.html

post #521 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Spread collars.


this. love mine.
post #522 of 1096
post #523 of 1096
i like their semi-spread collar better. i wish they had more options for it in NY slim fit
post #524 of 1096
anyone have a review of their fabrics - which are best?
post #525 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

anyone have a review of their fabrics - which are best?

the oxfords are great, cant go wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store