or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 4

post #46 of 1081
Tokyo Slim! foo.gif
post #47 of 1081

I wen´t to the Kamakura store in Fukuoka the other day. Lot´s of nice shirts for ridiculous prices. Bought a linen OCBD for 6000 yen, and the fit was great. They have a big variety of different sleeve lengths too. Truly a great store!

 

Also,


The MTO starts at around 10500 yen, which is around 100$. The price would probably be around the same in US/online. 

post #48 of 1081
I've been told the MTM price is estimated to be about $180/shirt. They're looking to launch the MTM program around August.
post #49 of 1081
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

I've been told the MTM price is estimated to be about $180/shirt. They're looking to launch the MTM program around August.

 

That's a big upcharge, and frankly, better options are available at that price level.

post #50 of 1081

I'm looking for a proxy, from the USA, that's willing to ship to Brazil. Anyone willing/interested send me a message.

post #51 of 1081
I just got my first OCBD in from Kamakura and I couldn't be happier - the light blue is exactly what I was looking for. I can't think of a better spent $80. I have a terrible pear-shaped body and went with the Tokyo Classic fit. The fit is about the same as a Gitman Vintage - I got a 16.5/33 and wear a large in Gitman Vintage (there's a very helpful size guide on the site for those who are scratching their heads at the 4 different fits). This shirt is just incredible. The fabric is perfect, the fit is better than some bespoke shirts I have, and the aesthetics are amazing. I will be watching their site like a hawk to order more in my size - they're sold out of everything at the moment.
Quote:
I'm looking for a proxy, from the USA, that's willing to ship to Brazil. Anyone willing/interested send me a message.
Mine shipped from Japan. I believe they ship worldwide. Pro tip: Ordering 1 shirt will cost you $100 ($21 shipping) but two will only run you $158 since they waive shipping over $150.

For folks who are kicking the dirt about sleeves being too short on the Tokyo Classic: the different fits don't vary much in the chest, their differences seem to be in the body length and sleeve length. The NY Slim has 36" sleeves on a 16" neck. Size Guide: http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/content_en_USD_8.html
post #52 of 1081
Can anyone speak to its wrinkling? I've been exclusively wearing BB and CT non iron for years now and am hooked on no iron...however all the praise about Kamkura quality make me want to give it a shot...
Thanks
post #53 of 1081

Got my first batch of Kamakura OCBDs. Shipping via Japan Post EMS was incredibly fast -- order placed Monday, dispatched Tuesday from Tokyo, arrived in Chicago by Thursday.

 

These are exceptional quality shirts for the price. The Tokyo Slim Fit is great if you're looking for a real slim fit. I'm 6'1 and normally take a 16-35 in Brooks Bros Extra-Slim Fit shirts (which billow terribly around the waist, time to throw them all out). I went with a 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 in the Tokyo Slim Fit and it's a perfect trim fit. Expecting minimal shrinkage in the wash but we'll have to see.

 

Very excited to place another order, although their stock is running low.

post #54 of 1081

Just send them an email, and they'll tell you when things will be back in stock. For example, they said 2 days for the light blue OBCD.

post #55 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aszatk01 View Post

Can anyone speak to its wrinkling? I've been exclusively wearing BB and CT non iron for years now and am hooked on no iron...however all the praise about Kamkura quality make me want to give it a shot...
Thanks

Very minimal wrinkling. A quick Iron and they look like they're fresh from the cleaners. After a day of wear it still looks good (I have the blue one on now). After being stuck in the BB Non-Iron phase for a while I've finally branched out and have been wearing a lot of Ledbury shirts recently and they're the same way. I put my shirts in the dryer for about 10 minutes on low heat to get out "hard wrinkles," let them hang dry and iron once dry.



On another note: I wonder how regularly they'll update the site. I saw they have university stripe oxfords in several colors in Tokyo Slim but none in Classic. Hopefully that changes soon - I don't think I could stuff myself into the slim fit.
post #56 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

Got my first batch of Kamakura OCBDs. Shipping via Japan Post EMS was incredibly fast -- order placed Monday, dispatched Tuesday from Tokyo, arrived in Chicago by Thursday.

 

These are exceptional quality shirts for the price. The Tokyo Slim Fit is great if you're looking for a real slim fit. I'm 6'1 and normally take a 16-35 in Brooks Bros Extra-Slim Fit shirts (which billow terribly around the waist, time to throw them all out). I went with a 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 in the Tokyo Slim Fit and it's a perfect trim fit. Expecting minimal shrinkage in the wash but we'll have to see.

 

Very excited to place another order, although their stock is running low.

Well, you sized down half an inch, which is part of the reason you are getting a better fit. I wear a 16 in BB ESF, and it is a bit trimmer around the waist than a 16 Tokyo Slim Fit, but roomier in the shoulders.

post #57 of 1081
good quality, especially for the price, they do offer very limited length though, not an issue for me I guess.

As for the tie, I would still go for Seigo (they got quite a lot shop in NYC these days).
post #58 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Well, you sized down half an inch, which is part of the reason you are getting a better fit. I wear a 16 in BB ESF, and it is a bit trimmer around the waist than a 16 Tokyo Slim Fit, but roomier in the shoulders.

True, but according to their fit guide, the listed sizes are 1/2in less than the true size, to account for possible shrinkage. I've found 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 is really around 15 3/4 - 34 3/4 after wash.

post #59 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

True, but according to their fit guide, the listed sizes are 1/2in less than the true size, to account for possible shrinkage. I've found 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 is really around 15 3/4 - 34 3/4 after wash.

Wouldn't that be the other way around? It seems odd to me that a shirt collar would increase from 15 1/3 to 15 3/4 after washing it?

post #60 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Wouldn't that be the other way around? It seems odd to me that a shirt collar would increase from 15 1/3 to 15 3/4 after washing it?

What I meant is that the label size 15 1/3 - 34 1/3 is actually about 15 5/6 - 34 5/6. They label it as 1/2in less to account for possible shrinkage. In my case, cold wash and hang-drying the shirt led to very little shrinkage, so the final measurement is around 15 3/4 - 34 3/4. smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store