Some little bean paste thing...delicious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- RRL classic short sleeve polo shirt in navy blue - size Medium Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL slim western shirts (large), KLAXON HOWL denim jacket (large), Mark McNairy chukkas (11) Last post on Yesterday at 4:56 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 28post #407 of 15519/28/13 at 8:34ampost #408 of 15519/28/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
I do the same and they wrinkle with wear. Nothing out of the norm. I always iron mine when damp or spray them with a spray bottle. I like their pinpoints.post #409 of 15519/29/13 at 5:39am
I've been scrutinizing the Kamakura shirts and they look very nice. The only thing I'm concerned about is the sizing. I usually wear 17/43 slim fit (Barba, RL, Eton, SS). Is the tokyo slim fit a lot tighter than the usual slim fit? It seems that some people think their sleeves are way off in length. Too short I assume? Which fit would you recommend for me in Kamakura shirts?
Would appreciate advice on this matter.
Clintpost #410 of 15519/29/13 at 2:53pmpost #411 of 15519/29/13 at 9:43pmpost #412 of 15519/30/13 at 5:44amThey have just introduced the "Vintage Oxford" shirts, anyone know more?
http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_596.htmlQuote:Originally Posted by JezeC
How do the Tokyo slim compare to Brook Brothers extra-slim-fit?
I'm a 14.5 in BB ESF, the chest fits me good, but the waist could be a little more tapered. Also the neck size could be a little bigger as well. I didn't go for the 15 in BB since the chest area would be too big for me.
It's similar but more comfortable in the chest /armholes and it's tapered and darted do it doesn't have the annoying waist fullness of the ESF.post #413 of 15519/30/13 at 5:50ampost #414 of 15519/30/13 at 6:20ampost #415 of 15519/30/13 at 7:13ampost #416 of 15519/30/13 at 7:40ampost #417 of 15519/30/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by alexSF
They have just introduced the "Vintage Oxford" shirts, anyone know more?
It's similar but more comfortable in the chest /armholes and it's tapered and darted do it doesn't have the annoying waist fullness of the ESF.
Are you sure it's more comfortable in the chest area?
I find the chest and the waist area to be tighter than BB ESF after trying it.post #418 of 155110/1/13 at 3:57amQuote:
It's very difficult to compare the same size of both due to kamakura sizing,
But that was my impression comparing a ESF made in usa oxford 15,5 to a Kamakura oxford 15 3/4
Kamakura feels more confortable in the armholes probably due to softer fabric.
Edited by alexSF - 10/1/13 at 4:12ampost #419 of 155110/1/13 at 6:28amI stopped by the Manhattan store yesterday to place a MTM order. As has been mentioned, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I'm going with the NY slim fit, customized to get the details right. My shirt will be a combination of three different standard shirts: the 39 neck, the 40 sleeves, and the 41 body. I may have to have the waist taken in when I get it, but I will wait to see. (The MTM option does not allow that to be tweaked.) I think this is going to be good. If the test shirt works I plan to re-order in different fabrics.post #420 of 155110/1/13 at 7:13amQuote:
Since Kamakura shirts are not sprayed on with non-iron agents, the shirt is much softer and drapes better.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 9 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding