What is the difference between the Vintage Ivy Ercu Oxford and their regular white oxford shirt? Would the Ercu Oxford be less versatile and only for casual occasions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Dries Van Noten Black shirt Last post on Yesterday at 9:58 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Kapital Sukiyaki Western Denim Shirt Last post on 7/4/15 at 11:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 24post #346 of 12439/13/13 at 4:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #347 of 12439/13/13 at 4:26ampost #348 of 12439/13/13 at 1:26pmpost #349 of 12439/13/13 at 1:32pmpost #350 of 12439/13/13 at 1:51pmpost #351 of 12439/14/13 at 6:42ampost #352 of 12439/14/13 at 9:48am
I'm going to try to go to the party.
Has anyone washed the Kamakura cloth shirts (as opposed to the knits- which I like tremendously)? Is the cloth mid-range quality? Better? Worse? Are they going to last? I like the fit better than anywhere else...I'm just not sure about the cloth shirts and I don't want to have pay $180 for their MTM to get the fit PLUS the better fabric. So, *if* the fabric holds up after washing (the oxford and the pinpoint) I'll buy the cloth shirts as well as the knits. Thoughts?post #353 of 12439/14/13 at 10:40amTonio, I will be there as well.
I originally bought a couple of linens and a three knit, only yesterday buying the chambray and ocbd. The construction and material seem very high quality.
I grew up in the age of very real superior Japanese quality in cars, electronics, etc. I got 300'000 Miles out of a sentra, so I believe in Japanese goods.post #354 of 12439/14/13 at 10:40am
I've bought many of their oxford/pinpoint shirts, both button-downs and spread-collars -- they've held up very well after multiple washes (hang-dry only).
As a comparison, some of my shirts from other RTW shirtmakers (e.g. Barba, Finamore) had frays in the button and button-hole stitchings after a few washes. This was not the case with Kamakura's shirts. I'm especially impressed with the button-down collars. The oxford cloths do not feel as "fine" as my old Brooks Bros button-downs, but I'm more than satisfied with them.
The linen shirts are also superb. Sadly they will have to be packed away soon, for the coming Autumn & Winter.post #355 of 12439/14/13 at 10:47am
Thanks...I have yet to get them back from the wash--- the two cloth shirts I have - but the pinpoint oxford felt a bit more like a poplin and the oxford cloth didn't have the complexity of an old Brooks (heavy but with a nice hand)...but, they are great everyday shirts at such a great price I intend to get more.post #356 of 12439/14/13 at 2:41pmI got my chambray. Nice fabric.
I ordered a size large in the Tokyo fit.
For anyone else that ordered a size large in Tokyo fit: can you tell me me what pit to pit measurement they get? Mine is only 22 inches across, which I fear is a manufacturing defect. I think it should be around 22.75 to 23 inches acrosspost #357 of 12439/14/13 at 3:20pmpost #358 of 12439/14/13 at 7:54pmpost #359 of 12439/15/13 at 9:08ampost #360 of 12439/16/13 at 7:33pm
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 3 minutes ago
- › Rome / Naples Advice 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...