What is the difference between the Vintage Ivy Ercu Oxford and their regular white oxford shirt? Would the Ercu Oxford be less versatile and only for casual occasions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 9:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/23/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Sandro Paris White Button-Down Oxford Work Shirt Union Made Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ETON OXFORD SHIRT 39/15.5 · CHARCOAL/WHITE · MINT Last post on Yesterday at 4:24 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 24post #346 of 16069/13/13 at 4:12ampost #347 of 16069/13/13 at 4:26ampost #348 of 16069/13/13 at 1:26pmpost #349 of 16069/13/13 at 1:32pmpost #350 of 16069/13/13 at 1:51pmpost #351 of 16069/14/13 at 6:42ampost #352 of 16069/14/13 at 9:48am
I'm going to try to go to the party.
Has anyone washed the Kamakura cloth shirts (as opposed to the knits- which I like tremendously)? Is the cloth mid-range quality? Better? Worse? Are they going to last? I like the fit better than anywhere else...I'm just not sure about the cloth shirts and I don't want to have pay $180 for their MTM to get the fit PLUS the better fabric. So, *if* the fabric holds up after washing (the oxford and the pinpoint) I'll buy the cloth shirts as well as the knits. Thoughts?post #353 of 16069/14/13 at 10:40amTonio, I will be there as well.
I originally bought a couple of linens and a three knit, only yesterday buying the chambray and ocbd. The construction and material seem very high quality.
I grew up in the age of very real superior Japanese quality in cars, electronics, etc. I got 300'000 Miles out of a sentra, so I believe in Japanese goods.post #354 of 16069/14/13 at 10:40am
I've bought many of their oxford/pinpoint shirts, both button-downs and spread-collars -- they've held up very well after multiple washes (hang-dry only).
As a comparison, some of my shirts from other RTW shirtmakers (e.g. Barba, Finamore) had frays in the button and button-hole stitchings after a few washes. This was not the case with Kamakura's shirts. I'm especially impressed with the button-down collars. The oxford cloths do not feel as "fine" as my old Brooks Bros button-downs, but I'm more than satisfied with them.
The linen shirts are also superb. Sadly they will have to be packed away soon, for the coming Autumn & Winter.post #355 of 16069/14/13 at 10:47am
Thanks...I have yet to get them back from the wash--- the two cloth shirts I have - but the pinpoint oxford felt a bit more like a poplin and the oxford cloth didn't have the complexity of an old Brooks (heavy but with a nice hand)...but, they are great everyday shirts at such a great price I intend to get more.post #356 of 16069/14/13 at 2:41pmI got my chambray. Nice fabric.
I ordered a size large in the Tokyo fit.
For anyone else that ordered a size large in Tokyo fit: can you tell me me what pit to pit measurement they get? Mine is only 22 inches across, which I fear is a manufacturing defect. I think it should be around 22.75 to 23 inches acrosspost #357 of 16069/14/13 at 3:20pmpost #358 of 16069/14/13 at 7:54pmpost #359 of 16069/15/13 at 9:08ampost #360 of 16069/16/13 at 7:33pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 57 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway