What is the difference between the Vintage Ivy Ercu Oxford and their regular white oxford shirt? Would the Ercu Oxford be less versatile and only for casual occasions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments Black/White Plaid Button Down - Small Last post on Yesterday at 6:13 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD | NWT-Drake's Cream White Brushed Cotton Formal Shirt sz 15.5/M Last post on 7/28/16 at 2:36pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 24post #346 of 15519/13/13 at 4:12ampost #347 of 15519/13/13 at 4:26ampost #348 of 15519/13/13 at 1:26pmpost #349 of 15519/13/13 at 1:32pmpost #350 of 15519/13/13 at 1:51pmpost #351 of 15519/14/13 at 6:42ampost #352 of 15519/14/13 at 9:48am
I'm going to try to go to the party.
Has anyone washed the Kamakura cloth shirts (as opposed to the knits- which I like tremendously)? Is the cloth mid-range quality? Better? Worse? Are they going to last? I like the fit better than anywhere else...I'm just not sure about the cloth shirts and I don't want to have pay $180 for their MTM to get the fit PLUS the better fabric. So, *if* the fabric holds up after washing (the oxford and the pinpoint) I'll buy the cloth shirts as well as the knits. Thoughts?post #353 of 15519/14/13 at 10:40amTonio, I will be there as well.
I originally bought a couple of linens and a three knit, only yesterday buying the chambray and ocbd. The construction and material seem very high quality.
I grew up in the age of very real superior Japanese quality in cars, electronics, etc. I got 300'000 Miles out of a sentra, so I believe in Japanese goods.post #354 of 15519/14/13 at 10:40am
I've bought many of their oxford/pinpoint shirts, both button-downs and spread-collars -- they've held up very well after multiple washes (hang-dry only).
As a comparison, some of my shirts from other RTW shirtmakers (e.g. Barba, Finamore) had frays in the button and button-hole stitchings after a few washes. This was not the case with Kamakura's shirts. I'm especially impressed with the button-down collars. The oxford cloths do not feel as "fine" as my old Brooks Bros button-downs, but I'm more than satisfied with them.
The linen shirts are also superb. Sadly they will have to be packed away soon, for the coming Autumn & Winter.post #355 of 15519/14/13 at 10:47am
Thanks...I have yet to get them back from the wash--- the two cloth shirts I have - but the pinpoint oxford felt a bit more like a poplin and the oxford cloth didn't have the complexity of an old Brooks (heavy but with a nice hand)...but, they are great everyday shirts at such a great price I intend to get more.post #356 of 15519/14/13 at 2:41pmI got my chambray. Nice fabric.
I ordered a size large in the Tokyo fit.
For anyone else that ordered a size large in Tokyo fit: can you tell me me what pit to pit measurement they get? Mine is only 22 inches across, which I fear is a manufacturing defect. I think it should be around 22.75 to 23 inches acrosspost #357 of 15519/14/13 at 3:20pmpost #358 of 15519/14/13 at 7:54pmpost #359 of 15519/15/13 at 9:08ampost #360 of 15519/16/13 at 7:33pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina 6 minutes ago
- › 21 Feb new card holders - BERLUTI MEGATHREAD - Wallets, card... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 17 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 19 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding