Well, I am still with the $79 ones
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- PEIR WU RIBBED KNIT MID SLEEVE SHIRT Last post on Yesterday at 6:01 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BARBA Napoli Re-Stock July 6th! Staple shirts all sizes 38-44! Last post on Yesterday at 12:13 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 16post #226 of 12437/26/13 at 11:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #227 of 12437/27/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
I imagine you do not button the shirt up to the neck, Teger?post #228 of 12437/27/13 at 7:00pmpost #229 of 12437/28/13 at 3:05pm
Let me add my voice to those who have visited the store and had a nice experience. It's a small, tidy shop, easy to miss as you walk Madison.
As noted, the sales associates are really helpful and friendly. Opted for a single Tokyo Slim which fit me perfectly. The collar roll is, as reported by many, excellent. The main downside, for me, is the use of darts to slim the shirt. I will email the company to encourage them to slim without using darts, and if others feel the same way, then I would suggest a nice, supportive email as well. The fabric was excellent 100/2, a light weight shirting fabric.
Linen shirts were only in S/M/L and sleeve length is an issue (the collar is lower on these shirts as well). To get the right sleeve length, I had to go to an L, then had a billowy shirt in the back. Could slim down with my tailor, but at 99 dollars a shirt, that is perhaps too much.
Had only 20 minutes before I had to run to the airport (fortunately, they open at 9AM!), but would happily go again next time I'm in NYC.post #230 of 12437/28/13 at 3:07pmpost #231 of 12437/28/13 at 9:13pmpost #232 of 12437/28/13 at 9:20pmpost #233 of 12437/28/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
Doubt it, though guess you can wait for a year, if they don't discount on summer or christmas then it's not going to happen other than the once every 5 year kind of thing I suppose...post #234 of 12437/29/13 at 12:36ampost #235 of 12437/29/13 at 9:01ampost #236 of 12437/29/13 at 11:24ampost #237 of 12437/30/13 at 1:53pmpost #238 of 12437/30/13 at 1:57pmpost #239 of 12437/30/13 at 2:08pmpost #240 of 12438/3/13 at 5:47pm
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 46 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer Shell Corodvan. 12D 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...