Well, I am still with the $79 ones
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 1:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece White Sea Island Cotton Shirt 16.5-33 Slim Last post on Yesterday at 5:06 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- rogue territory popover brown chambray size s preowned Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 pm in Marketplace
- Taylor Stitch Indigo Ticking Stripe Utility Shirt - XXL - BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 9:06 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 16post #226 of 12827/26/13 at 11:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #227 of 12827/27/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
I imagine you do not button the shirt up to the neck, Teger?post #228 of 12827/27/13 at 7:00pmpost #229 of 12827/28/13 at 3:05pm
Let me add my voice to those who have visited the store and had a nice experience. It's a small, tidy shop, easy to miss as you walk Madison.
As noted, the sales associates are really helpful and friendly. Opted for a single Tokyo Slim which fit me perfectly. The collar roll is, as reported by many, excellent. The main downside, for me, is the use of darts to slim the shirt. I will email the company to encourage them to slim without using darts, and if others feel the same way, then I would suggest a nice, supportive email as well. The fabric was excellent 100/2, a light weight shirting fabric.
Linen shirts were only in S/M/L and sleeve length is an issue (the collar is lower on these shirts as well). To get the right sleeve length, I had to go to an L, then had a billowy shirt in the back. Could slim down with my tailor, but at 99 dollars a shirt, that is perhaps too much.
Had only 20 minutes before I had to run to the airport (fortunately, they open at 9AM!), but would happily go again next time I'm in NYC.post #230 of 12827/28/13 at 3:07pmpost #231 of 12827/28/13 at 9:13pmpost #232 of 12827/28/13 at 9:20pmpost #233 of 12827/28/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
Doubt it, though guess you can wait for a year, if they don't discount on summer or christmas then it's not going to happen other than the once every 5 year kind of thing I suppose...post #234 of 12827/29/13 at 12:36ampost #235 of 12827/29/13 at 9:01ampost #236 of 12827/29/13 at 11:24ampost #237 of 12827/30/13 at 1:53pmpost #238 of 12827/30/13 at 1:57pmpost #239 of 12827/30/13 at 2:08pmpost #240 of 12828/3/13 at 5:47pm
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 minutes ago
- › Low Instep Shoes Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 16 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 29 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 39 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 48 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...