Well, I am still with the $79 ones
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/11/16 at 3:17pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Borrelli cotton and linen white shirt size 16/41 Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Bros Lavendar Gingham and Blue Tattersall Shirts - Size Small Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 16post #226 of 14617/26/13 at 11:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #227 of 14617/27/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
I imagine you do not button the shirt up to the neck, Teger?post #228 of 14617/27/13 at 7:00pmpost #229 of 14617/28/13 at 3:05pm
Let me add my voice to those who have visited the store and had a nice experience. It's a small, tidy shop, easy to miss as you walk Madison.
As noted, the sales associates are really helpful and friendly. Opted for a single Tokyo Slim which fit me perfectly. The collar roll is, as reported by many, excellent. The main downside, for me, is the use of darts to slim the shirt. I will email the company to encourage them to slim without using darts, and if others feel the same way, then I would suggest a nice, supportive email as well. The fabric was excellent 100/2, a light weight shirting fabric.
Linen shirts were only in S/M/L and sleeve length is an issue (the collar is lower on these shirts as well). To get the right sleeve length, I had to go to an L, then had a billowy shirt in the back. Could slim down with my tailor, but at 99 dollars a shirt, that is perhaps too much.
Had only 20 minutes before I had to run to the airport (fortunately, they open at 9AM!), but would happily go again next time I'm in NYC.post #230 of 14617/28/13 at 3:07pmpost #231 of 14617/28/13 at 9:13pmpost #232 of 14617/28/13 at 9:20pmpost #233 of 14617/28/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
Doubt it, though guess you can wait for a year, if they don't discount on summer or christmas then it's not going to happen other than the once every 5 year kind of thing I suppose...post #234 of 14617/29/13 at 12:36ampost #235 of 14617/29/13 at 9:01ampost #236 of 14617/29/13 at 11:24ampost #237 of 14617/30/13 at 1:53pmpost #238 of 14617/30/13 at 1:57pmpost #239 of 14617/30/13 at 2:08pmpost #240 of 14618/3/13 at 5:47pm
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina String Loafers Noix Suede Uetam Last 5.5 UK 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?