or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 12

post #166 of 1098

I got one of the standard blue OCBD's today. I ordered it last week via phone from the New York store. Shipping was only about 7ish bucks (as opposed to $21 for one shirt from Japan) and the service, as has been stated, was excellent. The roll is perfect, the fit is slim and comfortable, and the fabric is good for the price. I only wish they had more patterns and colorways available.

As for the specifics of the fit I normally wear BB ESF in small which is a just a tad tight in the chest and a wee bit loose in the arms. The Tokyo Slim 15/33.5 fits like a glove. 

post #167 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

And the fact that their Tokyo slim sizing makes no sense : - (
If youre a 15.5 - 15.75 34.5 or 35 sleeve you're screwed

Made perfect sense for their home market..., though guess they need to start tune some of their products to sell to American market...
post #168 of 1098
...
Edited by ChetB - 7/9/13 at 3:46am
post #169 of 1098

I'm Asian and the Tokyo slim fit (15 1/3 - 32.5) is pretty spot on... yay for short asian arms

 

Although the patterns are limited, I'm quite happy with basics. They'll have the plenty of opportunity to introduce more patterns as the brand continues to build a large fan base

post #170 of 1098
Complaining about a lack of colors is v prole. You only need solid and university-striped blue button downs, and solid white and blue spread collars.

foo.gif
post #171 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post

Complaining about a lack of colors is v prole. You only need solid and university-striped blue button downs, and solid white and blue spread collars.

foo.gif

I want university stripes in every color. Thankfully there are some new ones in stock. I also wish they made their non-OCBD's without the front pocket.
post #172 of 1098
If you guys want more fabric selections, why not just ask a mtm shirt maker to replicate a shirt that has exact same measurements as a kamakura one
post #173 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

If you guys want more fabric selections, why not just ask a mtm shirt maker to replicate a shirt that has exact same measurements as a kamakura one

And still cost $79, don't think so... cheaper end of MtM that I have seen which is still good is at least 100+
post #174 of 1098

Just got back from the Madison store. Picked up 5 shirts (2 BDs, 2 Cut-aways, and a knit). The quality is much higher than Brooks in my estimation, as is the cut and fit (for me anyway). I love the shape of their BD collars. They also have a very nice selection of ties, squares and other accessories. The staff, as mentioned previously, is very helpful and polite. I will return to this place often!
 

post #175 of 1098

Oh, one more thing...they have try-on shirts (that have been washed), as noted earlier, but they also insisted that I try packaged (never-been-washed) shirt as well, so that I could estimate the amount the shirt changes after washing. Very helpful...
 

post #176 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

And still cost $79, don't think so... cheaper end of MtM that I have seen which is still good is at least 100+
Luxire has a number of fabrics around 80
post #177 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Luxire has a number of fabrics around 80

Don't know their quality I guess.., have you handled them?
post #178 of 1098

Can anyone comment on the fit of their linen shirts? A 15.75 Kamakura fits great, but even the linen S seems to have a collar that's too big, and a chest that's too small.

post #179 of 1098
The main reason you can't just take this to an MTM maker and get a replica is because it is unlikely they will be able to mimic the collar roll. I thought that was the main reason people were buying these shirts.
post #180 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

The main reason you can't just take this to an MTM maker and get a replica is because it is unlikely they will be able to mimic the collar roll. I thought that was the main reason people were buying these shirts.

For the button down definitely... and at 79 the fabric is decent too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store