Hopefully it's not an unlucky bag. I'll post pics.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 2:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/23/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viyella Glen Plaid size M NEW With Tags. Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FOR SALE: BERG AND BERG SHIRTS SPREAD COLLAR 15/38 Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 92post #1366 of 160612/18/15 at 8:37pmpost #1367 of 160612/18/15 at 11:00pmpost #1368 of 160612/18/15 at 11:50pmpost #1369 of 160612/19/15 at 1:52ampost #1370 of 160612/19/15 at 9:55ampost #1371 of 160612/19/15 at 10:08ampost #1372 of 160612/19/15 at 1:11pmpost #1373 of 160612/20/15 at 7:19pmpost #1374 of 160612/22/15 at 2:36ampost #1375 of 160612/22/15 at 9:12ampost #1376 of 160612/22/15 at 11:10am
What are every ones opinions of the soft unfused collars on Kamakuras shirts? I'm speaking specifically to their spread collar. Someone commented that my collars look messy, like the fusing is old, on the what are you wearing today board. The collars are just unfused and I don't use collar stays. I know this is the look most prefer with cutaways. How does everyone feel about it with spread collars?post #1377 of 160612/22/15 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by fieldofdreams
What are every ones opinions of the soft unfused collars on Kamakuras shirts? I'm speaking specifically to their spread collar. Someone commented that my collars look messy, like the fusing is old, on the what are you wearing today board. The collars are just unfused and I don't use collar stays. I know this is the look most prefer with cutaways. How does everyone feel about it with spread collars?
I have one and I like it with my fits that skew towards the more casual side of things but 19/20 times I'll choose one of my fused collar shirts to wear with suits. It's really personal preference and depends on the subtle details of the specific wearer. As an example I don't think I've seen Antonio (eidos) wear a fused collar with his relaxed vibe (although I could be wrong!).post #1378 of 160612/22/15 at 3:10pmI have only tried Kamakura's regular fit, which has a slightly shorter button-down collar (which is almost identical to BB's, except with a much lighter interlining).
I think there is a Tokyo slim fit size that will fit me, however (hooray), and am just always so close to pulling the trigger every time they restock Oxford cloth shirts with the BD collar.
I am curious, for those of you who have the Kamakura shirt, if you also have any experience with ProperCloth's vintage ivy 60s button-down.
I've determined that the Propercloth vintage button-down is my favorite button down collar. It is the perfect length, with the perfect roll, with the perfect tie space, but with a slightly wider spread, which I feel looks modern without ruining the charm of the look it's inspired by. For comparison, I have the new Knottery OCBD, the collar points of which are longer than any other OCBD out there—but I just don't like it as much as the slightly more spread propercloth collar.
HOWEVER, proper cloth has one fatal flaw that i really dislike: the placket is too narrow! and there is no option for a wider placket.
From photos, it looks like the kamakura slim-fit BD collar is very similar to the propercloth one, but their placket is the right width!
Anybody have one of each and can comment?
for reference, here is a pic of my propercloth, in their cheapest oxford cloth.post #1379 of 160612/23/15 at 6:57pmpost #1380 of 160612/23/15 at 9:27pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos by Isaia Coral Capri Shirt; soft linen; 15.5; striking, nwt,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › BERLUTI 100% Cashmere sport coat. Unlined, unstructured. 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › WTB: Natural CXL Tanker Boot 11.5D 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sz EU50 NWOT jackets, Sartorio Napoli, Southwick/Loro Piana cashmere 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway