or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 8

post #106 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

They do indeed, though, note that they only come S/M/L. 

Hmm, thats good to know, thanks. That's not promising, unfortunately.
post #107 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

 

That's a good point. Often folks think shirt sleeves are too long when in fact they just need to tighten the cuff a bit. 

I hadn't ever considered this option. thanks! 

 

Can anyone say how NY slim compares to BB ESF? 

post #108 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


Hmm, thats good to know, thanks. That's not promising, unfortunately.

 

They are also cut a bit short so they can be worn untucked. I wear 16/15 in Tokyo slim and picked up a linen in L this weekend. The weave is very open and the shirt shrunk, particularly in the chest, after a cold wash, so certainly keep that in mind when you try on. It's certainly got more room in the body than my Tokyo slim, but I don't mind that for a linen shirt. Wore it to work yesterday tucked in. 

post #109 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

 

They do indeed, though, note that they only come S/M/L. 

The sizing goes up to XL, which I bought.  It is a little roomy, but I am counting on some shrinkage.

 

post #110 of 1081
Just bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.

They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.
post #111 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Just bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.

They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.

Pic?

post #112 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Pic?

Will try to post this weekend.
post #113 of 1081

Knit Bengal strip in action:

 

post #114 of 1081
^ Would look better if your cinched the tie knot. Too loose for a button down
post #115 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

^ Would look better if your cinched the tie knot. Too loose for a button down

This hasn't been washed yet.  I was told to expect a fair amount of shrinkage once it was. Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

 

 

 

post #116 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringodaddy View Post

This hasn't been washed yet.  I was told to expect a fair amount of shrinkage once it was. Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Huh? I wasn't commenting about the fit of the shirt. I said that the size of the knot isn't proportionate to the collar opening. It would look better with a tight four in hand. Doesn't look good as is.
post #117 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


Huh? I wasn't commenting about the fit of the shirt. I said that the size of the knot isn't proportionate to the collar opening. It would look better with a tight four in hand. Doesn't look good as is.

I thought you were referring to the shirt being loose at my neck.  I see your point.  Had tried on three ties in rapid succession, so wasn't my best knot.  Anyway, thanks again.

post #118 of 1081

Stopped in over the weekend.

 

Awesome value and very nice shirts.  The Tokyo slim is very slim and fits just as well as somer of my MTM shirts.

 

One issue, weird sizing. 15.75 neck = 33' sleeve. 16' neck = 35' sleeve, nothing in between. SA told me this is due to catering to Asian folks who tend to have short arms on average (this is literally what I was told).

 

How much do these shirts shrink (not the OCBDs)

post #119 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

 

One issue, weird sizing. 15.75 neck = 33' sleeve. 16' neck = 35' sleeve, nothing in between. SA told me this is due to catering to Asian folks who tend to have short arms on average (this is literally what I was told).

 

How much do these shirts shrink (not the OCBDs)

 

I'm in the same boat regarding sizing. I would love a 15.75 neck with longer arms. 

 

I've found the shirts shrink just a bit (cold wash, hang dry), though this is factored in. I measured my shirt after a few washes and it is spot on according to the marked size (and size chart on the website). 


Edited by JackFlash - 6/3/13 at 7:30am
post #120 of 1081
I may have to make a shopping trip to Tokyo if others have 16.5/33 as a standard size. Far too many of my high dollar shirts have been butchered by local tailors shortening sleeves the wrong way. I just received my second batch of Kamakura: white pinpoint, blue royal oxford spread collar and another blue OCBD. I wish two things: 1) They had university stripes in Tokyo Classic fit and 2) that they did dress shirts without the front pocket. Even with those two quibbles (that will inevitably be addressed at some point), these are by far my favorite shirts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store