Hmm, thats good to know, thanks. That's not promising, unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- SAINT LAURENT PARIS SALE MULTIPLE ITEMS Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WTB: Gitman Technolumberjack in Medium Last post on 5/4/15 at 7:51pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Borrelli Light Blue Shirt - Wardrobe Staple! 15.5/39 Last post on 5/4/15 at 9:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 8post #106 of 11905/31/13 at 7:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 11905/31/13 at 7:48ampost #108 of 11905/31/13 at 7:50amQuote:
They are also cut a bit short so they can be worn untucked. I wear 16/15 in Tokyo slim and picked up a linen in L this weekend. The weave is very open and the shirt shrunk, particularly in the chest, after a cold wash, so certainly keep that in mind when you try on. It's certainly got more room in the body than my Tokyo slim, but I don't mind that for a linen shirt. Wore it to work yesterday tucked in.post #109 of 11905/31/13 at 7:52ampost #110 of 11905/31/13 at 12:08pmJust bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.
They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.post #111 of 11905/31/13 at 12:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Just bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.
They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.
Pic?post #112 of 11905/31/13 at 12:11pmpost #113 of 11906/1/13 at 3:35pmpost #114 of 11906/1/13 at 3:37pmpost #115 of 11906/1/13 at 6:29pmpost #116 of 11906/1/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
Huh? I wasn't commenting about the fit of the shirt. I said that the size of the knot isn't proportionate to the collar opening. It would look better with a tight four in hand. Doesn't look good as is.post #117 of 11906/1/13 at 6:42pmQuote:
I thought you were referring to the shirt being loose at my neck. I see your point. Had tried on three ties in rapid succession, so wasn't my best knot. Anyway, thanks again.post #118 of 11906/3/13 at 6:59am
Stopped in over the weekend.
Awesome value and very nice shirts. The Tokyo slim is very slim and fits just as well as somer of my MTM shirts.
One issue, weird sizing. 15.75 neck = 33' sleeve. 16' neck = 35' sleeve, nothing in between. SA told me this is due to catering to Asian folks who tend to have short arms on average (this is literally what I was told).
How much do these shirts shrink (not the OCBDs)post #119 of 11906/3/13 at 7:12amQuote:
I'm in the same boat regarding sizing. I would love a 15.75 neck with longer arms.
I've found the shirts shrink just a bit (cold wash, hang dry), though this is factored in. I measured my shirt after a few washes and it is spot on according to the marked size (and size chart on the website).
Edited by JackFlash - 6/3/13 at 7:30ampost #120 of 11906/3/13 at 9:54amI may have to make a shopping trip to Tokyo if others have 16.5/33 as a standard size. Far too many of my high dollar shirts have been butchered by local tailors shortening sleeves the wrong way. I just received my second batch of Kamakura: white pinpoint, blue royal oxford spread collar and another blue OCBD. I wish two things: 1) They had university stripes in Tokyo Classic fit and 2) that they did dress shirts without the front pocket. Even with those two quibbles (that will inevitably be addressed at some point), these are by far my favorite shirts.
- Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › spanish shoe brands 46 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 5 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...