Hmm, thats good to know, thanks. That's not promising, unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brand New Gustin Chambray Shirt, Blue, Size Large Last post on Yesterday at 5:13 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 2 Brooks Brothers cotton button downs, M, made in USA Last post on 4/26/16 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store - Page 8post #106 of 15205/31/13 at 7:43ampost #107 of 15205/31/13 at 7:48ampost #108 of 15205/31/13 at 7:50amQuote:
They are also cut a bit short so they can be worn untucked. I wear 16/15 in Tokyo slim and picked up a linen in L this weekend. The weave is very open and the shirt shrunk, particularly in the chest, after a cold wash, so certainly keep that in mind when you try on. It's certainly got more room in the body than my Tokyo slim, but I don't mind that for a linen shirt. Wore it to work yesterday tucked in.post #109 of 15205/31/13 at 7:52ampost #110 of 15205/31/13 at 12:08pmJust bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.
They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.post #111 of 15205/31/13 at 12:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Just bought one of the linen shirts. It fit me pretty well except for the neck which was a bit large, but which I'm hoping will shrink in the wash.
They said they were expecting to have more linen shirts in mid-June. The selection now was not great, but they were very nice, and the shirts look great.
Pic?post #112 of 15205/31/13 at 12:11pmpost #113 of 15206/1/13 at 3:35pmpost #114 of 15206/1/13 at 3:37pmpost #115 of 15206/1/13 at 6:29pmpost #116 of 15206/1/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
Huh? I wasn't commenting about the fit of the shirt. I said that the size of the knot isn't proportionate to the collar opening. It would look better with a tight four in hand. Doesn't look good as is.post #117 of 15206/1/13 at 6:42pmQuote:
I thought you were referring to the shirt being loose at my neck. I see your point. Had tried on three ties in rapid succession, so wasn't my best knot. Anyway, thanks again.post #118 of 15206/3/13 at 6:59am
Stopped in over the weekend.
Awesome value and very nice shirts. The Tokyo slim is very slim and fits just as well as somer of my MTM shirts.
One issue, weird sizing. 15.75 neck = 33' sleeve. 16' neck = 35' sleeve, nothing in between. SA told me this is due to catering to Asian folks who tend to have short arms on average (this is literally what I was told).
How much do these shirts shrink (not the OCBDs)post #119 of 15206/3/13 at 7:12amQuote:
I'm in the same boat regarding sizing. I would love a 15.75 neck with longer arms.
I've found the shirts shrink just a bit (cold wash, hang dry), though this is factored in. I measured my shirt after a few washes and it is spot on according to the marked size (and size chart on the website).
Edited by JackFlash - 6/3/13 at 7:30ampost #120 of 15206/3/13 at 9:54amI may have to make a shopping trip to Tokyo if others have 16.5/33 as a standard size. Far too many of my high dollar shirts have been butchered by local tailors shortening sleeves the wrong way. I just received my second batch of Kamakura: white pinpoint, blue royal oxford spread collar and another blue OCBD. I wish two things: 1) They had university stripes in Tokyo Classic fit and 2) that they did dress shirts without the front pocket. Even with those two quibbles (that will inevitably be addressed at some point), these are by far my favorite shirts.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Wondering if I made a good buy 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 19 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts