or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester - Page 26

post #376 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modic View Post

I am so sorry about you guys' stories

To be fair, I am one of the customer in last January sales.
I purchased a pair of EG Westminster.
It was delivered after one month since payment.

Wish you guys have your shoes very soon

I'm still waiting for the Galways I ordered in januari. I sent an email and asked what's going on and Mark replyed that the boots is due anytime now (as he has said since June) and that was mid October...
post #377 of 475

For those still waiting I suggest emailing EG directly for an explanation. EG said my order was delayed because of a bad batch of leather and I should receive the shoes in December. This was for a January order.

 

I asked EoM for a refund which they gave me. 

 

I think the problem here is EG not EoM. Although EoM could be a bit more upfront with customers instead of saying next week, next month etc. 

post #378 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpyigit View Post
 

Same story here!  Ordered my C&J's at the last sale and have not received yet, To be fair, I was offered refunds twice but decided to stick with order as the lead time at every communicatios was a few weeks, extended into months now on a combined basis.

 

if no shoes by the new year, I will call quits.

 

Mark is responsive but I would rather like to know that merchandise is out of stock before I order, not after  pay fully!

I have just received my C&Js. Three month wait time but happy at the end..

post #379 of 475
I received notice that mine shipped too. Any day now!

Overall it's unfortunate that it took two and a half months, but it's more an issue of demand exceeding supply. I think the Tetbury is C&J's best selling model (or one of them). They literally can't make them fast enough.

EoM handled themselves as best as possible under the circumstances, imo.
post #380 of 475
Nice that you got your shoes. I'm still waiting for my boots that i ordered in January...

Mark told me they would be done late November and I've mailed him both the 21 and 29 to ask him if he heard anything, no answer so far. I sent a new mail today to update my shipping address since I moved recently.

Let's see if he has the courtesy to answer this time.
post #381 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Nice that you got your shoes. I'm still waiting for my boots that i ordered in January...

Mark told me they would be done late November and I've mailed him both the 21 and 29 to ask him if he heard anything, no answer so far. I sent a new mail today to update my shipping address since I moved recently.

Let's see if he has the courtesy to answer this time.

I'm in the same boat. Sad to say I think we may be both waiting for another few months
post #382 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

I'm in the same boat. Sad to say I think we may be both waiting for another few months

Why do you think that?

Got a reply from Mark today and he wrote:
"I spoke to Edward Green yesterday and they said they were nearly 
finished."
post #383 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post


Why do you think that?

Got a reply from Mark today and he wrote:
"I spoke to Edward Green yesterday and they said they were nearly 
finished."

Because Mark said the same thing to me 2 months ago...

post #384 of 475
Received my Tetburys today in perfect condition! Will order from them again during the next promo.

During the promo it's probably the best price you'll find on C&J models.
post #385 of 475

Just spoke to Mark today about the Galways that I ordered January 2013.   Original expectation was to receive these boots in 5 months.  His latest update is that Edward Green will have the boots ready by January 13th "at the earliest".    

 

This will be my first and last MTO purchase from EG.

post #386 of 475
Man that stinks? What was make up? Something special?
post #387 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Man that stinks? What was make up? Something special?

Rosewood country calf w tobacco suede upper and shearling lining. Straight from their catalog .
post #388 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

Rosewood country calf w tobacco suede upper and shearling lining. Straight from their catalog .

Yeah, that should be their stock model and it's taking that long unbelievable.
post #389 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

Just spoke to Mark today about the Galways that I ordered January 2013.   Original expectation was to receive these boots in 5 months.  His latest update is that Edward Green will have the boots ready by January 13th "at the earliest".    

This will be my first and last MTO purchase from EG.

I guess you was right when you said that it would take months more. EG must be the worst company ever to do MTO:s from and EoM is one of the worst retailers when it comes to informing customers....double fail.
post #390 of 475
Just got a mail from Mark that my Galways arrived. Just 10.5 month, think I'm going to do another MTO if they have the same deal this January wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester