or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester - Page 22

post #316 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

"If two men says they're Jesus, at least one of them must be wrong".

FTFY.
post #317 of 474
I asked Mark about a EG MTO he replies that he won't be able to take my order due to EG benign very busy. I am sure other EG retailers will take my money.
post #318 of 474

As long as I am guaranteed to get my shoes by the end of February 2014, I'm happy.

 

We are talking black Chelseas here, a stock standard shoe that EG pumps out on a regular basis.

post #319 of 474

I have cancelled my shoe trees order and asked them to send my "in stock" shoes.  Let's see what happens next.

post #320 of 474
don't know why EG would set a quota for EOM, it's like punishment for doing well.

EOM sells everything at RRP like everyone else, and runs 2 sales a year, again, normal practice for all retailers.
post #321 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

don't why EG would set a quota for EOM, it's like punishment for doing well.

EOM sells everything at RRP like everyone else, and runs 2 sales a year, again, normal practice for all retailers.

Seems like common practice with English shoe makers. C&J imposes heavy wait times for retailers that can last up to three months.

I would have appreciated EoM not taking my full $ when there's a few months wait, and also if they had been upfront about the wait rather than saying 'next week' every time I inquire.
post #322 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

don't why EG would set a quota for EOM, it's like punishment for doing well.

EOM sells everything at RRP like everyone else, and runs 2 sales a year, again, normal practice for all retailers.

Seems like common practice with English shoe makers. C&J imposes heavy wait times for retailers that can last up to three months.

I would have appreciated EoM not taking my full $ when there's a few months wait, and also if they had been upfront about the wait rather than saying 'next week' every time I inquire.

agree on both accounts, another reason or me not getting too many C&J, cbb about waiting times.

the next week answer is very weak from EOM.
post #323 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

don't know why EG would set a quota for EOM, it's like punishment for doing well.

EOM sells everything at RRP like everyone else, and runs 2 sales a year, again, normal practice for all retailers.

Perhaps they are being penalised for offering MTOs as part of the sales given early this year.  I can understand if EG were to be unhappy about this.  But like Jason said, it is very unprofessional to take full payment and then tell customers next week or anytime now when they probably know what's keeping EG from sending them more products.

post #324 of 474
Just got off the phone with Mark, he is still saying that there are delays from EG, and they are still expecting them any minute. But he did offer to send the one pair they have in stock first today, and offer me the option of continuing to wait or a refund.

I quite like the Inverness for its uniqueness, so I decided to wait.
post #325 of 474
I ordered Tetburys but haven't heard back yet (was told 2-3 weeks). But in this case, I think some flexibility is required. Even C&J in NY told me that the Tetburys are their best seller and they can't keep up with demand.
post #326 of 474
My shoes sans trees are in Leipzig!
post #327 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

My shoes sans trees are in Leipzig!

So they received your trees too?
post #328 of 474
No, i cancelled the order for the trees and asked them to just ship the shoes, which they did so kudos to them. What I find strange is that the shoe trees are also subject to EG's embargo (if the embargo is real). Strange way to do business. However, I hope they still maintain the relationship with EG so I can some more shoes next year.
post #329 of 474

So does this mean EoM won't get any shoes from EG for another few months? I.e. 2014?

 

I emailed them on Monday asking for an update, and have heard nothing back since.

post #330 of 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post


I spoke to Hilary Freeman during the Trunk show at Skoaktiebolaget this friday and told her I've ordered a Galway from EoM in January and that i haven't got them. She told me that they didn't supply EoM longer and that they sent all orders that should be sent. She said that they ordered so many shoes that they got a limit for 2013 and reached that limit in early spring.
 

Michael, from this and an earlier posting where someone said they called EG and was told the something along the same line coupled with the difficulties faced by EOM in getting their stocks, I believe there is an embargo of some sort.  IMO, this very likely due to EG being unhappy with the earlier sales when EOM took a lot of MTO orders at the discounted price. IIRC, some members here even got MTO Dover made.  Imagine Dover, not to mention MTO, at a discount.  Let's hope EOM and EG can sort out their differences and we can continue to enjoy a good price for these shoes, especially for those of us with tiny feet. If only Skoak would stock small sizes.

 

The only issue I have with EOM is the lame excuse given when asked.  I understand that they are a small outfit but I think they should be a bit more forthcoming.  I'll order from them again but I'll be more careful.  

 

In another subject, can anybody help with suggestions on a good and reasonably priced 3rd party trees for 888?  Thanks.


Edited by barky - 10/8/13 at 11:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester