or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin vs. Magnanni
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin vs. Magnanni

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

I'm looking to buy a pair of double monk straps and have been captivated by these two Spanish brands. I have heard many good things about Meermin but have yet to hear about Magnanni. Any help?

post #2 of 19

can't compare them to meermin but i can do a first hand between them & carmina.

i have a couple of single strap magnanni & one pair of single strap carmina mto.

frankly, i like the feel of the fit of the magnanni a little better.

i like the little quirks of the carmina mto just as much though.

they're essentially equal with magnanni having a very slight edge.

 

ever checked into bontoni ?

post #3 of 19
Magnannis are a great shoe as also think of trying Maurizi for dub monks.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

can't compare them to meermin but i can do a first hand between them & carmina.

i have a couple of single strap magnanni & one pair of single strap carmina mto.

frankly, i like the feel of the fit of the magnanni a little better.

i like the little quirks of the carmina mto just as much though.

they're essentially equal with magnanni having a very slight edge.

 

ever checked into bontoni ?

I know the magnanni have a more elongated and slim profile that has an Italian feel. 

It is actually between these two right now.

#1 magnanni


#2 Meermin

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

post #5 of 19

meermins are much nicer shoes.  I own that top pair of magnanni's in black and i have the meermin's you posted there.

post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by table21 View Post

meermins are much nicer shoes.  I own that top pair of magnanni's in black and i have the meermin's you posted there.


How did you get your meermin's? Only way i could think of is getting them online and shipped here to the States. And it would take about a month to get them!  

post #7 of 19

it took me a few days to get mine shipped to me.  I wanted to try out some of there shoes so I just asked them what they had in stock at the time.

post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 

You say you have both pairs right? I've tried the magnanni's on at nordstrom and i'm a size 8.5. There's no way i could try on the meermins. 
Is there a difference in the sizing? 

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by table21 View Post

it took me a few days to get mine shipped to me.  I wanted to try out some of there shoes so I just asked them what they had in stock at the time.

^^^^

post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 

I ended up going with the Maganni's. They've done good for me so far. 
Here are some pics of me in them:


 



Feed back welcome

post #11 of 19

Nice shoes.  I think the end decision between the two comes down mostly to which style you like best.  I ordered the Meermins because I didn't like the elongated toe of the Magnanni when I saw it in person.  Part of that is because I'm 5'6" and very long shoes don't really suit shorter people in my opinion.

 

Anyway, congrats on the shoes.

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

I ended up going with the Maganni's. They've done good for me so far. 

Here are some pics of me in them:









Feed back welcome

Magnanni are an under appreciated shoe hereabouts ....as were all Spanish shoes at one stage.
post #13 of 19
Magnanni: blake and bologna - Meermin: goodyear
Maganni: Italian looking shoe - Meermin: English looking shoe.

They are really nice patinas (Berlutti type) on last years collection from Magnanni. It is nice looking shoe but you must like their long lasts.
post #14 of 19

For those gents who have experienced both Meermin and Magnanni, how does the construction compare?  My guess would be that Meermin is better, but what do you guys think?

And if it is better, how much price premium would you pay?  I am asking because lately Meermin has been plagued with QC problems, and was thinking of Magnanni as a viable 

alternative.  Thanks!

post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberpro View Post

For those gents who have experienced both Meermin and Magnanni, how does the construction compare?  My guess would be that Meermin is better, but what do you guys think?
And if it is better, how much price premium would you pay?  I am asking because lately Meermin has been plagued with QC problems, and was thinking of Magnanni as a viable 
alternative.  Thanks!

Why would you say Meermin is better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin vs. Magnanni