or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these square toe shoe?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these square toe shoe?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone! I'm new to SF, and I'm not sure if this pair is considered to be square toe shoe. 

 

Do you guys think it's too dressy/shiny? Can I wear this with jeans and blazer?

 

 

 

 

Anyone knows anything about Diesel shoes? I'm looking to purchase this, but not sure about the quality though. 

 

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/black_distressed_leather_wolf_derby_shoes/63263


Edited by drakevu - 1/12/13 at 8:12pm
post #2 of 11
The shoes you've shown don't look too square, and I think would be fine with jeans/blazer, depending on the jeans/blazer.
post #3 of 11
These are not what I would call square toe shoes. However I would suggest reading this site some more before buying these shoes.
post #4 of 11

The shoes pictured are okay, but there are better black captoe bals (that style) out there, and they wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice with jeans and a jacket. I prefer, when wearing jeans, to wear more-casual shoes, rather than wearing a particularly dressy shoe. That said, I have done it, and I'll probably do it again.

 

I would not pay $2 for those Diesel shoes, but that's because I believe shoes should be taken care of, and so buying shoes that look like they've been abused is abhorrent to me.

post #5 of 11
deveandepot1 speaks the truth. lurk more. and you'll agree there are far nicer shoes than these to buy.
post #6 of 11
Whatever you do don't spend 250 on these. Ross has Diesel shoes for like $20. They are junk shoes.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

These are not what I would call square toe shoes. However I would suggest reading this site some more before buying these shoes.

 

It's not really square toe, more like a rounded square like EG 606.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakevu View Post

Hello everyone! I'm new to SF, and I'm not sure if this pair is considered to be square toe shoe. 

 

Do you guys think it's too dressy/shiny? Can I wear this with jeans and blazer?

 

 

 

 

Anyone knows anything about Diesel shoes? I'm looking to purchase this, but not sure about the quality though. 

 

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/black_distressed_leather_wolf_derby_shoes/63263

 

It really depends on how you put the pieces together and how you carry yourself, but generally speaking, it's better to pair jeans with casual styling shoes.

 

It is dressy, but its far from too shiny.

 

Diesel shoes are on the fashion side, quality is similar to mass market shoes that should last you a good 5+ years without major problems and could take a lot more abuse than the shoes beloved on this forum.  But at that price point, it is far from a bargain.  Best bargain I've seen is brand new Cole Hann GY welted in India shoes for less than $75; great beaters.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your opinions and advices. So it's not square toe, that's what I want to make sure, and I'll give up on Diesel pair.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMacPaul View Post

The shoes you've shown don't look too square, and I think would be fine with jeans/blazer, depending on the jeans/blazer.


Slim fit jeans and trim blazer of course. I'm 178 cm and 65kg, look quite thin, so it's not a big deal. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

deveandepot1 speaks the truth. lurk more. and you'll agree there are far nicer shoes than these to buy.

 

Well you know, I've been doing research for like 2 months, and finally I decided to buy this from Florsheim by Duckie Brown 2012 FW collection. I got new year discount 20%, which is a pretty good deal I think. Honestly It's quite more dressy than I would expect. 

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

 

 

Diesel shoes are on the fashion side, quality is similar to mass market shoes that should last you a good 5+ years without major problems and could take a lot more abuse than the shoes beloved on this forum.  But at that price point, it is far from a bargain.  Best bargain I've seen is brand new Cole Hann GY welted in India shoes for less than $75; great beaters.

May I ask where you spotted the Haans? My broke self is interested...

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

May I ask where you spotted the Haans? My broke self is interested...

Try Nordstrom Rack and the usual discount shop suspects.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Try Nordstrom Rack and the usual discount shop suspects.


Great, thanks. I'll have to teach myself to spot Goodyear welts, but I think I know where to look. smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these square toe shoe?