Joined the forum yesterday and this is the first question I post.
I bought two OTR suits from MJ Bale in Sydney during the X'mas / NY special for 2 suits for a grand. The material feels good and I have been told they are all 100% Australian Marina wool. I paid another $100 for the extra trouser for each suit so 4 in total.
Two suits are the exact same cut. As you would expect the fit isn't perfect and there are a couple of adjustments to be made to make it look smart on me. I have paid MJ Bale to make some really minor adjustments such as take in the back shoulder a tiny bit and shorten the length of the trousers. To my surprise they have done a really bad job as all the length were way too long when I pick up the suits. They kept rushing me out (maybe because it was 5:15 pm on Sunday) and assured me the measures of all 4 pants would be identical. I regret I didn't try them all on in the shops because I later discovered back home some trousers are longer than others... Also as mentioned I need more alterations to make to suit fit me better, things like:
- the width of the trousers are a bit to wide so I need to take in a bit
- Trousers need to be shorten again!!
- the length of the jacket is too long
- the jacket can be further slim in the waist area
I think the cut is a Italian style, with minimal padding on the shoulder. I prefer a slim style suits. Both suits are mainly for work purpose.
So here are some of the questions I have. I would appreciate some input and comment:
- How's the quality of MJ Bale suits? What people think of their cloth material? they claimed they are 100% Australian Marina wool. They don't tell you if they are super 120 or something like that, just 100% wool...
- Most importantly, can someone recommend me a good tailor that can do a good job on suit alteration in Sydney without charging too much. I really don't know how much I should expect to pay for jobs described above.
- Should I just take it to the alteration place in some major shopping centre? I am close to "Looksmart" in Chatswood Chase.
I know this question has been asked in the past a couple of times but based on what I have searched some of the replies were quite dated. Some updated advice would be great!
Thanks again and cheers