or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sasseti Shoes vs AE MacNeil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sasseti Shoes vs AE MacNeil

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Hey guys,

 

I am in the process of deciding between two shoes.  One is the Sasseti Trento on sale at Nordstrom.  Or the AE Macneil in brown which is on sale as well.  Does anyone know anything about Sasseti as a brand?  Are they quality shoes?  I would love to get people's opinions on what is a better buy being that both shoes are at the same price point.  Thanks!

 

 

 

700700

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 13
Sassetti's are great.......they rarely go on sale and also make the higher end RL shoes. Go for 'em!!
post #3 of 13
odd comparison between a chunky gunboat and an italian style chisel toe captoe.
sasseti quality is just fine
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 

I agree with it being an odd comparison.  I guess I am more familiar with AE as a brand than Sasseti in terms of quality.  The oppurtunity is there for me to purchase either shoe.  I just wanted to make sure I am not investing in brand that will not last.

post #5 of 13
Reputable shoes from a reputable retailer.........you have nothing to lose!
post #6 of 13

Hows the fit on Sassetti shoes for those who owns it?

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by khe86 View Post

Hows the fit on Sassetti shoes for those who owns it?

 

  true to size with a touch narrow for a great fit is my experience . . . . twice so far

post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post

Sassetti's are great.......they rarely go on sale and also make the higher end RL shoes. Go for 'em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post

Reputable shoes from a reputable retailer.........you have nothing to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post

Hey guys,

I am in the process of deciding between two shoes.  One is the Sasseti Trento on sale at Nordstrom.  Or the AE Macneil in brown which is on sale as well.  Does anyone know anything about Sasseti as a brand?  Are they quality shoes?  I would love to get people's opinions on what is a better buy being that both shoes are at the same price point.  Thanks!



700
700








Sassetti makes lots of shoes for other labels. The quality of the shoe is determined by how much money the "other labels" are willing to invest in shoes for their label. Quality can range from below average to high end . Don't expect the same quality in the Trento (from Nordstom) as you would a pair of Sassetti for Ralph Lauren Purple label ($1200+ retail). This is true for most shoe manufacturers that make shoes for other labels.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Sassetti makes lots of shoes for other labels. The quality of the shoe is determined by how much money the "other labels" are willing to invest in shoes for their label. Quality can range from below average to high end . Don't expect the same quality in the Trento (from Nordstom) as you would a pair of Sassetti for Ralph Lauren Purple label ($1200+ retail). This is true for most shoe manufacturers that make shoes for other labels.

There is some truth in your statement, however even Sassetti's minimum level of quality would be acceptable. The Trento is a good shoe for the money. In the OP's case specifically, they are a great (if not the best) option.

Add to the fact that buying something from Nordstrom is probably the safest route when on the fence due to their superior returns and customer service policies.

Cheers!
post #10 of 13

At a little less than $200, I grabbed a pair of the Sassetti. Worst comes, I go to the nearby Nordstrom Rack and return the shoes when they arrive. 

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by khe86 View Post

At a little less than $200, I grabbed a pair of the Sassetti. Worst comes, I go to the nearby Nordstrom Rack and return the shoes when they arrive. 

You won't need to I suspect.
post #12 of 13

The Sassetti Trento arrived and it's pretty good construction. Uppers aren't as soft as my other Italian leather shoes but the leather is also thicker. Construction is sturdy (good year welted) with a pretty thick leather sole. 

 

As for the design, I feel like the toe is a little bit too square and not quite as chiseled as I thought. 

 

 

post #13 of 13

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Sassetti Leonid Apron Split Toe Oxfords. Is this an average quality Sassetti? What is the shoe last. Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sasseti Shoes vs AE MacNeil