or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Good Mexican on the UES?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Mexican on the UES?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Is there any?
post #2 of 11
So much potential..
post #3 of 11
the uni is in sonora...so i would think so.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Plz halp!!!!!
post #5 of 11
check nymag or something. There's a place on 2nd ave in the 80's that has been well received, they brought in some old school bar from Mexico to use for their bar.

I cannot verify their goodness, however.
post #6 of 11
There's probably a bunch of good, authentic taco shacks running up and down Park & Madison, you know with all the Mexican residents in that part of town.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Is there any?

No.

Toloache might scratch that itch, but it isn't particularly good.

Just recently found good tacos in NYC but it will take a 6 train ride. The pork tacos are sublime. Taqueria
post #8 of 11
I've been to Taqueria with some styfo dudes, was pretty good. (got kinda drunk so I don't remember all the details) icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

There's probably a bunch of good, authentic taco shacks running up and down Park & Madison, you know with all the Mexican residents in that part of town.

I love how white the UES is inlove.gif

We went to Cascabel. I thought it was pretty mediocre but my ladyfriend liked it. The margaritas were pretty good.

Breakfast was at Sarabeth's, which was good. I didn't think a $16 omelet could be worth the dough but this came close.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by svd View Post


Just recently found good tacos in NYC but it will take a 6 train ride. The pork tacos are sublime. Taqueria
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I've been to Taqueria with some styfo dudes, was pretty good. (got kinda drunk so I don't remember all the details) icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

Taqueria Lower East Side
Carnitas and Bistec tacos
7397303456_822166c39d_c.jpg
Piscado taco
7397302862_8051047b54_c.jpg
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by svd View Post


No.

Toloache might scratch that itch, but it isn't particularly good.

Just recently found good tacos in NYC but it will take a 6 train ride. The pork tacos are sublime. Taqueria

 

I'm a big fan of Toloache. I don't think it gets better than this on the UES. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Good Mexican on the UES?