Ceremony will be at 5 or 5:30 and all pictures will be beforehand so that might be an issue. Too late now to change suits so I hope it looks OK. We have a great photographer, hopefully that will help.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFormal Tuxedo Shoestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- brandKent Wangtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyletagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyle Guidetagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedotagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedostagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWeddingtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Clothestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Suitstagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Midnight Blue Tuxedo (for Toronto Wedding) Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... Last post on 3/10/13 at 9:16pm in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- Should I wear a Tuxedo if my Groomsmen are wearing navy business...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is a Burgundy Tuxedo wedding-appropriate?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread - Page 63post #932 of 24429/30/13 at 5:30pmQuote:
Black lounge suits may not be at their best in day time, but it's more that they don't look good in striking, brilliant sunlight. It's fall; you're taking your photos in the late afternoon, sounds like, so I think you'll look great. Really, once you've made sure your clothes fit, and you don't have outrageous colour combinations, it comes down to the photographer, whether or not your pictures look good.
Congrats on the wedding; I got married 30 days ago. Take your time, soak it in, and enjoy everything. Once the ball is in motion, nothing to do but enjoy the ride. As for pictures, there will be lots to choose from, so there surely will be ones you love, and will want to keep forever, regardless of what anyone is wearing.post #933 of 244210/7/13 at 5:02pmpost #934 of 244210/7/13 at 7:17pmQuote:
Find a topper that fits on eBay. I found it well worth it! Sounds like you know just what you want, and you are well within the confines of morning dress tradition. Check out www.savyrow.co.uk for morning coats. I got mine from them, and it was exactly as promised. Shipping to Canada was under $20. Carry on, sir!post #935 of 244210/7/13 at 10:26pmWondering if I could get some advice on a suiting decision. I'm getting married next June, and it's planned to be an afternoon ceremony. There's an ensemble I saw on here by zerostyle that I really like and would like to do something similar:
I would purchase the buff waistcoat, and I already have a glen plaid wedding tie that I would like to wear (as well as white shirt); but I'm kind of wondering if I'd be able to pull that off with suits that I already own. I do have a navy suit that fits ok; the cut is rather boxy, however (it was one of the first MTM suits I had purchased).
Don't mind the Half Windsor.
My best fitting suit is my Benjamin in charcoal:
So, I may end up buying another navy suit; but my question is: if you were to go with one of the above, which would you choose? Or do you think it doesn't matter either way? Ideally, I'd like to wear a navy suit; but would this be a case where it would be better to go with the one that's a better cut?
Cheerspost #936 of 244210/7/13 at 11:47pmpost #937 of 244210/8/13 at 2:38ampost #938 of 244210/8/13 at 3:19am
I've been to a couple of weddings that called for morning dress (mainly in Germany) and never saw anyone wearing a top hat, not even the groom. Are top hats still de rigueur at weddings in your part of the world?post #939 of 244210/8/13 at 4:41ampost #940 of 244210/8/13 at 7:32amQuote:
That's what I thought, any comments on the combination I've up together?post #941 of 244210/8/13 at 9:00amThe fabrics look fine in the picture though the coat is most often with a back herringbone design. I am a little concerned if you are getting married in 2 months time and still have not started having the suit made that all will be ready on time. Of course I may have misunderstood but I know how long it can take in the UK to go from zero to finished and properly fitting suit and morning coats are not the simplest things to make.post #942 of 244210/8/13 at 9:55am
Just a cautionary tale for all the grooms-to-be out there: My brother decided a couple weeks ago that he was going to order a MTM suit online to wear as a groomsman in my wedding party. I warned him that he needed to allow more time than that for a mail-order MTM suit, but he ignored me. I spoke with him yesterday, and shocker of shockers, it looks like it won't arrive in time.
To anyone planning their wedding attire (and especially anyone contemplating a MTM or custom-orderered suit), it is literally never too early to get your clothes together. Unless you seriously anticipate that you will be gaining or losing a ton of weight in the span of a few months, there is nothing to lose by getting everything organized months in advance. It's not like your clothes have a best-before date; they will still be there waiting for you when the big day rolls around.post #943 of 244210/8/13 at 11:06ampost #944 of 244210/8/13 at 11:37ampost #945 of 244210/8/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
They are not de rigeur - nor is morning dress. They are just fantastic, and ought to be worn at every possible occasion.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 52 seconds ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 3 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 38R Tenero Green Hopsack Sport Coat 8 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Sartorio by Kiton Super 110 Wool Suit 54 7R EU / 44 US... 8 minutes ago
- › Billy Reid NWT Grey Check Linen Blazer 40R Made in Italy 8 minutes ago
- › Zzegna Grey Knit Unstructured Blazers NWT XXL 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Caruso for Adriano Sons Sport Coat 38R / 40R ~~Perfect for Fall~~ 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...