looks like I am got to the right place :)
I have read corresponding SF101 (and quite a bit of another sources), so to the matter...
I have a wedding in late December and want to be nicely dressed (no surprise here ). Nothing very formal (really), just classic, elegant and stylish.
Currently I own just a very basic suit and I think it's better to forget about it :)
I plan to spend up to about $1500 for 2 or 3-piece suit, shoes and accessories. Ok, say $2000 is hard upper limit.
It's important that I don't want it to be one-time suit. I have to wear suit just about once a year so I hope it's possible to entirely replace my old lousy suit with new one on these occasions (they are not so formal anyway).
This whole theme is very new for me and so far I come up with something like that:
- waisted suit of tan color. Really don't want to go with more classical colors - the single thing that stopping me from considering something even more informal is my intention to use it elsewhere.
- bow tie (I think they looks really pretty on me + it's very elegant didn't?)
- as a not strict rule - suit either could have two buttons either it could have three (upper one not fastened) with lower notch + waistcoat
- some pocket square (say white linen for now as a safe choice)
- I would rather prefer pants with side tabs :)
- can't decide between no pleats and one at the front, possibly latter
- spread collar shirt with french cuffs
- wingtip? captoe? even brogues? shoes
- a hat? I had compliments about my two fedoras.
Right now I have no idea about colors of shirt, bow tie and shoes.
Also any thoughts about my current planning is of course welcome.
And one more important thing. I live in Moscow and it's an overly expensive city; also I thinking about MTM route and I just don't trust Moscow MTM manufacturers. I think I will be better off visiting a Milano for a couple of days (actually I have a convenient opportunity to visit any Europe country in September).
Do you think it's rational? Is MTM wise for me or not (anyway before visit to Milano I plan to test some RTW suites here in Moscow)? Could anyone recommend MTM stores in Milano that will be within my finances?