Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFormal Tuxedo Shoestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- brandKent Wangtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyletagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyle Guidetagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedotagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedostagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWeddingtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Clothestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Suitstagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Midnight Blue Tuxedo (for Toronto Wedding) Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... Last post on 3/10/13 at 9:16pm in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- Should I wear a Tuxedo if my Groomsmen are wearing navy business...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is a Burgundy Tuxedo wedding-appropriate?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread - Page 37post #541 of 23857/3/13 at 4:07ampost #542 of 23857/3/13 at 9:23pm
looks like I am got to the right place :)
I have read corresponding SF101 (and quite a bit of another sources), so to the matter...
I have a wedding in late December and want to be nicely dressed (no surprise here ). Nothing very formal (really), just classic, elegant and stylish.
Currently I own just a very basic suit and I think it's better to forget about it :)
I plan to spend up to about $1500 for 2 or 3-piece suit, shoes and accessories. Ok, say $2000 is hard upper limit.
It's important that I don't want it to be one-time suit. I have to wear suit just about once a year so I hope it's possible to entirely replace my old lousy suit with new one on these occasions (they are not so formal anyway).
This whole theme is very new for me and so far I come up with something like that:
- waisted suit of tan color. Really don't want to go with more classical colors - the single thing that stopping me from considering something even more informal is my intention to use it elsewhere.
- bow tie (I think they looks really pretty on me + it's very elegant didn't?)
- as a not strict rule - suit either could have two buttons either it could have three (upper one not fastened) with lower notch + waistcoat
- some pocket square (say white linen for now as a safe choice)
- I would rather prefer pants with side tabs :)
- can't decide between no pleats and one at the front, possibly latter
- spread collar shirt with french cuffs
- wingtip? captoe? even brogues? shoes
- a hat? I had compliments about my two fedoras.
Right now I have no idea about colors of shirt, bow tie and shoes.
Also any thoughts about my current planning is of course welcome.
And one more important thing. I live in Moscow and it's an overly expensive city; also I thinking about MTM route and I just don't trust Moscow MTM manufacturers. I think I will be better off visiting a Milano for a couple of days (actually I have a convenient opportunity to visit any Europe country in September).
Do you think it's rational? Is MTM wise for me or not (anyway before visit to Milano I plan to test some RTW suites here in Moscow)? Could anyone recommend MTM stores in Milano that will be within my finances?post #543 of 23857/3/13 at 9:30pmpost #544 of 23857/4/13 at 1:00ampost #545 of 23857/4/13 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by bigchris1313
Thanks, it's a very useful reading.
Big problem is that Nicholas forbiddens anything but classic suit colors :) We'll see...
Other than that I learned that one button jacket would be better choice. Vest should be double breasted. Captoe shoes. One front pleat at pants.post #546 of 23857/4/13 at 6:33ampost #547 of 23857/4/13 at 6:46am
Why not? Anyway you have to have a winter clothing like coat when going outdoor. Sincerely can't understand what is the difference between time of a year when you are indoor
Also I'm going to use it at any time I need it during a year.
Am I saying something disastrous?post #548 of 23857/4/13 at 7:09amQuote:A tan suit, aside from being very casual for a suit, is generally for summer. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how hot or cold it may be indoors. There are just some colors and fabrics/textures that are associated with summer and some with winter. It has a lot to do with mood/feeling.post #549 of 23857/4/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
A tan suit, aside from being very casual for a suit, is generally for summer. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how hot or cold it may be indoors. There are just some colors and fabrics/textures that are associated with summer and some with winter. It has a lot to do with mood/feeling.
Well, I just not sure if it is wise to own two suits (for example) given that I wear them on very rare occasions.
Also light colors seems more festive for me.
Anyway, I will be glad to hear your suggestions!post #550 of 23857/4/13 at 7:19ampost #551 of 23857/4/13 at 7:23ampost #552 of 23857/4/13 at 7:27ampost #553 of 23857/4/13 at 8:12ampost #554 of 23857/4/13 at 8:26ampost #555 of 23857/4/13 at 8:33am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Leather Quality and Properties 13 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Dupioni silk suiting 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding