Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFormal Tuxedo Shoestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- brandKent Wangtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyletagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyle Guidetagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedotagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedostagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWeddingtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Clothestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Suitstagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Midnight Blue Tuxedo (for Toronto Wedding) Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... Last post on 3/10/13 at 9:16pm in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- Should I wear a Tuxedo if my Groomsmen are wearing navy business...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is a Burgundy Tuxedo wedding-appropriate?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread - Page 2post #16 of 25391/7/13 at 7:47ampost #17 of 25391/7/13 at 8:09ampost #18 of 25391/9/13 at 4:12pm
Everyone needs to be donning the same garments, in terms of formality? Some will want to get married in black tie, but most of the guests will not own or be willing to buy such garments and hence there is the horrible solution of renting. Thus requiring lounge suits for the guests would be a greater good.
What do you think of it?Quote:^that maomao jacket must be liverano. Nobody else cuts quarters like that.
Do you mean open like that? And I usually identify a Liverano jacket by the convex shoulder line.post #19 of 25391/9/13 at 10:33pmThread Starter^ yep open like that. But I'm interviewing Liverano himself in a couple of hours so I'll have more info soon!
On the other question, I think black tie optional is fine. Wedding party can then wear black tie, guests may or can wear their best dark suit if they don't have evening clothes.
@aravenel - thank you! The key is for all of you to help me in sending people here. Once we gather steam it'll be a top google/sf search hit and we won't have to do as much of that. Also if we keep it going I'll link to it in the SF101 on weddings, which will helppost #20 of 25391/9/13 at 11:56pm
I'm getting married this August, and our wedding is going to be small. I know that the idea isn't to have the groomsmen match, but with a total of only three groomsmen I think it could look silly if I don't give them instructions. My thoughts are to instruct them to wear a navy suit. I'm going to go with a three piece navy suit with white linnen pocket square.
Keep in mind that two of the three groomsmen don't even own a suit, and I'm making them buy one.
Thoughts?post #21 of 25391/10/13 at 1:44amThread Starterpost #22 of 25391/10/13 at 2:37amQuote:
1 odd color seems weird to me. Also, I'm thinking 3 piece for me, and the rest just lounge suits.post #23 of 25391/10/13 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #24 of 25391/10/13 at 4:14amQuote:
Favourbrook has some suitably baroque items that you might like.post #25 of 25391/10/13 at 4:36amBy the way, it seems to me that it might be a good idea to link to some more comprehensive guides on standard practice, before we venture off into "but my bride wants me to wear turquoise driving shoes under my polyester excuse for a tuxedo" territory. Manton's seminal speech to wedding planners seems to have disappeared from the Internet, but Put This On still has a good guide.
Also, just to show I have some skin in this game: this arrived today from Lesser, and will become my wedding stroller, with light blue Winchester shirt, buff DB waistcoat and the Drake's tie in the picture. It will be worn for the noon ceremony and subsequent garden reception, there's an evening black tie optional dance, for which I have a midnight blue dinner suit.post #26 of 25391/10/13 at 6:43amQuote:
+1. Just saying navy suit, white shirt should be fine. In fact, it's what I did at my wedding. If you want, you could get them nice wedding ties to go with it as a groomsmen gift.post #27 of 25391/10/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerC
By the way, it seems to me that it might be a good idea to link to some more comprehensive guides on standard practice, before we venture off into "but my bride wants me to wear turquoise driving shoes under my polyester excuse for a tuxedo" territory. Manton's seminal speech to wedding planners seems to have disappeared from the Internet, but Put This On still has a good guide.
Well that's disappointing, that was a fanstastic guide. There used to be a copy of it stashed at London Lounge or somewhere if I recall. Will have to see if I can find it.post #28 of 25391/10/13 at 6:45ampost #29 of 25391/10/13 at 6:57ampost #30 of 25391/10/13 at 8:13am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina split-toe derby shoes 7.5 in dark burgundy box calf leather 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › NWB Edward Green Dover First Quality Selection, 1 Pair 9.5/10E, 1... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Shannon & Epsom boots ordered! 6 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...