or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread - Page 77

post #1141 of 2382
I appreciate the responses. Changing the buttons is definitely a viable option, which I think I will do. I'll see how the black shoes look after replacing the white buttons with black.
post #1142 of 2382
They'll look fine. It's tried and tested.
post #1143 of 2382
Love the suits! Must have them for our wedding do you have any information about where we could get these?

Thanks in advance,

Winter
post #1144 of 2382
Love the suits! Must have them for our wedding do you have any information about where we could get these?

Thanks in advance,

Winter
post #1145 of 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Smith View Post

Love the suits! Must have them for our wedding do you have any information about where we could get these?

Thanks in advance,

Winter

 

Are you meaning a specific suit, or just suits in general?  Was there someone's suit, on this thread, that you specifically liked?

post #1146 of 2382

I'm looking for some advice on ties for myself and 4 groomsmen.

 

We are all wearing this JCP Gray Twill Suit which I find to be great for the money. It's a mid-gray, notch lapel suit in case the link doesn't work. I'll be wearing a 3 piece and they'll just have the 2 piece. I know it's frowned upon to have the same suit, but the groomsmen are not exactly the best dressers, and only 2 of the 4 had a mid-gray to charcoal suit. I told them all to wear a white shirt (not a button down), black shoes, and black belt. I also mentioned I'd cover the cost of the tie, since I'm "forcing" them to get new suits.

 

I've read through the wedding ties thread and a bunch of other threads, but they tend to focus on morning dress, navy, or charcoal suits. It seems to me as though B&W glen plaid, shepherd's check, etc. would not look the best on a mid-gray suit as there would be too much gray-on-gray action. What would be some acceptable colors/ties that would look cohesive, but not all the exact same?

 

For what it's worth, the bridesmaids are all wearing the same dress, and it is a summery "Glacier Blue" fabric which is sort of a tealish/sea foam greenish color. My fiancee initially suggested matching plain solid of the same color which I shot down. I'd be fine with an accent color in the same hue, but nothing too ridiculous. I suggested navy, and she thought that would look bad with black shoes :brick:. I'm guessing if she sees a she would change her mind though.

 

If it all possible I'd like to keep them around thetiebar.com type price/quality.

post #1147 of 2382
Thread Starter 
Unless my screen is playing tricks I would call that suit more charcoal than mid-grey. I think the standard black and white wedding tie patterns would look great with it.
post #1148 of 2382
Wow that was fast! I suppose it is a lighter charcoal color. A bit lighter than the pics on jcpenney make it look though.

I'll give the standard options a try then. I have until memorial day weekend, so I can always change my mind if needed
post #1149 of 2382
Link isn't working for me but I had my groomsmen all in mid grey suits and got them grenadine ties in differing weaves and shades of dark blue-navy and it worked a treat. Haven't got pics back from the photographer yet but will post when I do.
post #1150 of 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post

... the groomsmen are not exactly the best dressers, and only 2 of the 4 had a mid-gray to charcoal suit.

You've done them a favour. Now they have a suit which they'll eventually need again in their adult lives. They're prepared. smile.gif
post #1151 of 2382
I had my guys in mid grey suits, with various grey patterned ties. There are pics earlier in the thread, or PM me if you want me to send you sine direct, to see if you like it. I fit them at thetiebar.com - ties are mid quality, and amazing value, providing you find the patterns you want. Don't know if budget is a concern for you,though.
post #1152 of 2382

Does anyone have a resource for cufflinks and shirt studs? If you're going to refer me to eBay, do you have a specific seller in mind? 

 

Also, to cumberbund or not to cumberbund? That is the other question.

post #1153 of 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX2007 View Post

Does anyone have a resource for cufflinks and shirt studs? If you're going to refer me to eBay, do you have a specific seller in mind? 

Also, to cumberbund or not to cumberbund? That is the other question.

Paging @capnwes any help here, on links/studs?

I found mine at a consignment store, and before that nearly bought some from a discount site. finetuxedos.com, myowntuxedo.com, overstock.com, mytuxedo.Co.UK, are a few to try. If you have money to spend (think $500-$1000) Brooks Bros has several styles, both classic and flashy.

Yes to cumberbund. Covering one's waist makes the whole look cleaner, and more elegant.
post #1154 of 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post


Paging @capnwes any help here, on links/studs?

I found mine at a consignment store, and before that nearly bought some from a discount site. finetuxedos.com, myowntuxedo.com, overstock.com, mytuxedo.Co.UK, are a few to try. If you have money to spend (think $500-$1000) Brooks Bros has several styles, both classic and flashy.

Yes to cumberbund. Covering one's waist makes the whole look cleaner, and more elegant.

 

I've tried every consignment store in my area that carries mens clothing, and none have stud sets in stock. If anyone has a line in either Northern NJ or in Manhattan, I'm all ears. I was trying to avoid the $500-1000 cost, because for that money, I know precisely what I'll get. I was hoping to keep it around $100, if not less (if that's even possible).

post #1155 of 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX2007 View Post

I've tried every consignment store in my area that carries mens clothing, and none have stud sets in stock. If anyone has a line in either Northern NJ or in Manhattan, I'm all ears. I was trying to avoid the $500-1000 cost, because for that money, I know precisely what I'll get. I was hoping to keep it around $100, if not less (if that's even possible).

Those discount sites are in the $25-75 range. Also consignment websites might help. I got my evening waistcoat from rubylane.com

I have seen some around here in antique stores/malls, rather than clothing consignment stores. I found my opal and white gold sick pin at value village, an actual thrift store, rather than consignment. If you haven't tried them, give a look at salvation army, good will, etc. You might get lucky.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread