1) noob asks where to rent clothing for himself or groomsmen or which outfit he should force all his groomsmen to wear
2) SF members tell him how silly the identical rented outfits look, encourage him to let people wear their own clothes
3) groom says no, impossible, his fiancée is set on the matching light gray four button rented tuxedos with fuchsia tie and pocket square sets that match bridesmaid dresses
4) SF members question groom's manhood, ask sarcastically if he is choosing what bride and bridesmaids wear.
5) OP either leaves thread angrily or calls off wedding, starts saving for Rubinacci evening wear and ridiculing n00bs that post asking where to rent a tux for their groomsmen.
StyleForum 101 has helped:
And should be considered required reading for posting in this thread. But I still think it would be useful to have a centralized thread so as not to rehash the same points over and over again. Please:
1) post any pictures of grooms or groomsmen looking great, or terrible if you think it's instructive. Also welcome is any historical info or insight regarding when the monster of matching wedding attire was spawned, and the glory that reigned before it. I will try to update the OP as valuable information arrives so that it, along with the SF101 article, will remain a reasonable substitute for reading the entire thread.
2) Redirect any n00bs starting their own threads about wedding attire to this thread as quickly as possible.
With any luck, we can help out future grooms and groomsmen with as little pain and suffering on all sides as possible.
Other approved links: