or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Harris Tweed Sport Coats Sold at Walmart Proxy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harris Tweed Sport Coats Sold at Walmart Proxy - Page 7

post #91 of 113

Is anyone willing to proxy? I am interested in buying the Dalmore (blue) and the Laxdale (herringbone) in sz 38R for my old man. Please PM me if you can find these and ship them to the US. Thanks!

post #92 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Hey, I went to a few Wal-Marts in New Jersey because I had business nearby this weekend. They had some jackets in NJ and I tried on a 42L. I thought it fit me way better than the 44R The shoulders are still a little wide but i can live with this. I bought one of the grey  (Dalmore?) jackets. I'm returning the 44R today. Here's a pic (as promised):

 

 

 

 

 I would post a side pic but my posture sucks on the one i took so I'll retake one...heh heh lol8[1].gif

 

 I know I said I wasn't interested in what people think about the "fit" but I'm wearing the 44R right now and am thinking that maybe it's better than this 42L. Does the jacket in the pic look too long on me? The shoulders on the 44R are a little too big but the jacket is comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostron View Post

Is anyone willing to proxy? I am interested in buying the Dalmore (blue) and the Laxdale (herringbone) in sz 38R for my old man. Please PM me if you can find these and ship them to the US. Thanks!

 

 Call the Wal-Mart in Aberdeen, MD and see if they can ship the jackets you want to a store closer to you.

post #93 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

little boxy still, but not hateful.

the rest of the outfit on the other hand....yowzer
Indeed, but still the jacket is not a bad fit (the main purpose of the photo).
.. In Philly (Eugene's) next door to NJ I paid over $500 for a jacket reconstruction and it wasn't great workmanship. $50 is only good if it gives a reasonable fit, you'd never pay to reconstruct a $50 jacket.
Edited by Hacking jacket - 3/14/13 at 5:47pm
post #94 of 113

 Maybe it's time to take a pic and post in the WAYWRN thread. nod[1].gif

 

 Then I'll really get it.

post #95 of 113
I posted a pic on my blog a while ago of the Barba fit. I think the fabric is actually very nice. Yes, the jacket will not be confused with savile row tailoring, but for $75 I still think its a good deal. But I'm not sure I'd put the money into extensive tailoring work on these though.

FWIW, I'm normally a 42R and went down to a 40R to get what I thought was a better fit. But that fit pic was taken about 10-15 pounds ago so I'll actually need to try the jacket again to see how it looks now.

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/12/harris-tweed-walmart.html
post #96 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

I posted a pic on my blog a while ago of the Barba fit. I think the fabric is actually very nice. Yes, the jacket will not be confused with savile row tailoring, but for $75 I still think its a good deal. But I'm not sure I'd put the money into extensive tailoring work on these though.

FWIW, I'm normally a 42R and went down to a 40R to get what I thought was a better fit. But that fit pic was taken about 10-15 pounds ago so I'll actually need to try the jacket again to see how it looks now.

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/12/harris-tweed-walmart.html


 Yours looks like it could have some waist suppression done to it (wait, maybe not). Especially if you've lost more weight since then.

 

 I wore mine out Friday night and people (women) thought it looked pretty good. Guess I'll stick with it.

post #97 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post


Indeed, but still the jacket is not a bad fit (the main purpose of the photo).
.. In Philly (Eugene's) next door to NJ I paid over $500 for a jacket reconstruction and it wasn't great workmanship. $50 is only good if it gives a reasonable fit, you'd never pay to reconstruct a $50 jacket.

 

 Like the guy says in his blog- the material is pretty thick so maybe it won't look sleek no matter what.

post #98 of 113
Anyone know if these made their way into any Canadian stores? I haven't seen any at my local Walmart, although I wasn't paying much attention strolling by the clothing. I tried to google it but came up with nothing.
post #99 of 113

 There was one 40S left at a different Wal-Mart that was priced at $30.00 if anybody's interested. Practically giving them away...

post #100 of 113

Would you get me one and send it? I can pay via Paypal

post #101 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetradalbert View Post

Would you get me one and send it? I can pay via Paypal


 Just call the Wal-Mart at Aberdeen Maryland and get them to ship it to you.

post #102 of 113

Even to Italy?

post #103 of 113

I tried calling the MD store. Unfortunately, there is no way to get it to me. They can only ship warehouse to store. There is no way they can ship store to person or store to store. You would need a proxy.

post #104 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I tried calling the MD store. Unfortunately, there is no way to get it to me. They can only ship warehouse to store. There is no way they can ship store to person or store to store. You would need a proxy.


 I hesitate to offer to proxy because it's hard to guess what size would fit you without being able to try these on in person. Just because you wear a certain size in other coats doesn't mean that one of these in the same size would fit you. The shoulders are way too wide in a lot of the sizes. 

post #105 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post


 I hesitate to offer to proxy because it's hard to guess what size would fit you without being able to try these on in person. Just because you wear a certain size in other coats doesn't mean that one of these in the same size would fit you. The shoulders are way too wide in a lot of the sizes. 

Sent you a pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Harris Tweed Sport Coats Sold at Walmart Proxy