or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post



NOS Hanover shells (not that old, probably '80s-90s, but still cool)
DSCF5212.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSCF5216.jpgDSCF5219.jpg

Spectacular.....Likely made in the 70's but could have been purchased in the 80's. That was there last line before closing up shop in the mid 70's. My mother in law and her two sisters worked for Hanover, stitching shoes in the factory until they closed. They made shoes for their own brand , plus Bostonain and JC Penney until being purchased by Clarks. The surplus of shoes was still sold in stores for a few years after closing.

 

Clarks has just about completed construction on a brand new factory in Hanover. I will try to swing by and snap a few photos.

 

The old Hanover Shoe factory, spent a little time as a temporary library while the new local library was being built. Now the factory has been remodeled as an apartment building.

post #227 of 1150
Adagio, wow. Nice finds. This thread delivers.
post #228 of 1150
Well there seem to be relatively few accessories in the thread so how about some rebalancing?

These are NOS, made by Cartier, probably in the early 80s, from the most stunning crocodile skin. The coat wallet is made from one skin, no join at the fold. Both are lined in red calfskin, and are immaculately hand-stitched; think Hermes quality levels. The notepad has space on the back to hold cards / banknotes / spare note refills.

Both are so special they've remained NOS because I just don't have the heart to use them.

20130223_154204.jpg
20130223_154215.jpg
20130223_154231.jpg
20130223_154241.jpg
20130223_154319.jpg
20130223_154405.jpg
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

When I get a chance I'll go hunting for my NOS Morabito baby crocodile wallet, which is perhaps even more stunning.
post #229 of 1150
Thread Starter 
^ Simon, you are talking my language now! drool.gif
post #230 of 1150
Been meaning to post a few things in this thread. I'll start with these:

Montilla suede wingtips. Probably from the '70s/'80s. No size, so I can only assume bespoke? Never heard of the company but the quality is amazing
IMG_2620_zps6b1715a5.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_2621_zps11b93a6d.jpg
IMG_2622_zpsb202fadd.jpg
IMG_2623_zps6a8d11bf.jpg
IMG_2624_zps6dadca9c.jpg
IMG_2625_zpsffa7522b.jpg
IMG_2626_zpsd38a49d7.jpg
IMG_2627_zps5ad0c86b.jpg
post #231 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post

Well there seem to be relatively few accessories in the thread so how about some rebalancing?

These are NOS, made by Cartier, probably in the early 80s, from the most stunning crocodile skin. The coat wallet is made from one skin, no join at the fold. Both are lined in red calfskin, and are immaculately hand-stitched; think Hermes quality levels. The notepad has space on the back to hold cards / banknotes / spare note refills.

Both are so special they've remained NOS because I just don't have the heart to use them.

20130223_154204.jpg
20130223_154215.jpg
20130223_154231.jpg
20130223_154241.jpg
20130223_154319.jpg
20130223_154405.jpg
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

When I get a chance I'll go hunting for my NOS Morabito baby crocodile wallet, which is perhaps even more stunning.
gorgeous
post #232 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

Been meaning to post a few things in this thread. I'll start with these:

Montilla suede wingtips. Probably from the '70s/'80s. No size, so I can only assume bespoke? Never heard of the company but the quality is amazing
IMG_2620_zps6b1715a5.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_2621_zps11b93a6d.jpg
IMG_2622_zpsb202fadd.jpg
IMG_2623_zps6a8d11bf.jpg
IMG_2624_zps6dadca9c.jpg
IMG_2625_zpsffa7522b.jpg
IMG_2626_zpsd38a49d7.jpg
IMG_2627_zps5ad0c86b.jpg
these are amazing. what size?
post #233 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

these are amazing. what size?

Thanks biggrin.gif Unfortunately, I have no idea - no size markings to be found anywhere. I can only assume they're bespoke. I'd estimate in the 8-9 range, though. Luckily far too small for me, so I'm not tempted to wear them.

Few more items I found in photobucket:

Old school Burberry tweed. Fully canvassed and super heavy:
IMG_2068.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg

Brooks x SAB briefcase (have since cleaned it up)
IMG_7515.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_7516.jpg

PRL Sportsman tweed vest:
IMG_1082.jpg

Douglas Hayward tweed
IMG_0326.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0329.jpg

mid century Sperry Top Siders - Made in USA
IMG_9013.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_9014.jpg

J. Press suit from 1954
IMG_8870.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_8876.jpg
post #234 of 1150
Damn, someone's going to make a decent heap of bucks with that Cartier wallet. Selling now would be great, but after a decade or two it must at least double its value. There's always a collector or two around the world.
post #235 of 1150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Damn, someone's going to make a decent heap of bucks with that Cartier wallet. Selling now would be great, but after a decade or two it must at least double its value. There's always a collector or two around the world.

Theres one right here! smile.gif

guys, need your help with some dates, would someone be so kind to assist?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





AppleMark

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


AppleMark
post #236 of 1150
Cool finds. Can't wait to contribute to this thread.
post #237 of 1150
Spoo, my guess would be '50s for those shoes, but they could be anywhere in the '40s-'60s.
post #238 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


AppleMark

^So nice.

Any idea on the date for this slicker? Someone said late 70's or early 80's...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #239 of 1150
Crombie Chesterfield from the late 50's early 60's?
AppleMark

AppleMark
And this bad boy. No other tags except the one pictured, but looking from the script, I'm guessing 60's.
AppleMark



re: the Polo stuff. I think the consensus was, anything with that breast pocket tag and the smaller tag at the collar as apposed to the larger modern ones are from the early 70's.
post #240 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Crombie Chesterfield from the late 50's early 60's? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

AppleMark
And this bad boy. No other tags except the one pictured, but looking from the script, I'm guessing 60's.
AppleMark

re: the Polo stuff. I think the consensus was, anything with that breast pocket tag and the smaller tag at the collar as apposed to the larger modern ones are from the early 70's.

I don't think that Crombie is that old. That tag is pretty recent. I don't have a chronology of their tags, but I've seen that one on more recent pieces. It doesn't have the royal warrant, so it's not current label, but I think the really, really old stuff says Crombie Kintyre.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread