or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots for casual and business casual wear.. suggestions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots for casual and business casual wear.. suggestions?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
So I have no where to look for quality shoes/boots in my state. So I have to rely on the Internet for all of my shoe shopping.

I am looking for a nice good looking boot that I could wear casually and a little dressy. When I say dressy.. pants and a colored shirt.. not suiting up or anything.
I've found several boots that I think look good but they almost look too bulky to me... such as the red wings iron ranger.

I'm looking for suggestions of other boots in the $400 or less price range.

Wolverine-1000-Mile-Collection-3.jpg
I think these are wolverines but I can't seem to find this particular model. They seem just right.. don't look as bulky as the iron rangers. Something like this in a brown color is what I'm interested in. Thanks!
post #2 of 14
I think your best bet is Chelsea boots, if you like the style.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
I do like that style.. any suggestions for brands??
post #4 of 14
Crockett & Jones or Carmina.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/80216-simpson-negro1

I believe the price above 3600 SEK is before VAT reduction. I think non-EU gets 25% off that price which brings it to about $400.
post #5 of 14
I have the Dalton by Allen Edmonds, they retail for $375 or you can get seconds for under $300. They come in both walnut and chocolate calf or burgandy shell ($695 for firsts, around $500 for seconds).
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post

I have the Dalton by Allen Edmonds, they retail for $375 or you can get seconds for under $300. They come in both walnut and chocolate calf or burgandy shell ($695 for firsts, around $500 for seconds).

I've been eyeballing some of AEs stuff. I just wish I could see one in person.
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
I found out the model from wolverine in the picture above. It's the darby which seems to be out of production. Anyone know if it can be had anywhere?? Also.. is wolverines entire 1000 mile line USA made... such as the gentleman collection? Just curious because it seemed really cheap when it was available.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchji View Post

I found out the model from wolverine in the picture above. It's the darby which seems to be out of production. Anyone know if it can be had anywhere?? Also.. is wolverines entire 1000 mile line USA made... such as the gentleman collection? Just curious because it seemed really cheap when it was available.

I've been looking for a Darby for quite some time now. Not sure what size you are, but if you're a 10 or 11, you're in luck...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cutieheat/m.html?item=150969477281&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

The Darby's made in China -- I think only the standard 1000 miles and the limited edition versions are made in the U.S.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhandsome View Post

I've been looking for a Darby for quite some time now. Not sure what size you are, but if you're a 10 or 11, you're in luck...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cutieheat/m.html?item=150969477281&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
The Darby's made in China -- I think only the standard 1000 miles and the limited edition versions are made in the U.S.

I'm a 9!! Daaang!! Other than being made outside of USA is it still a quality boot?
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchji View Post

I'm a 9!! Daaang!! Other than being made outside of USA is it still a quality boot?

If you're a 9 in sneakers like me, then you should go a half-size down to 8.5.

I think they're the best looking boot out of all the models -- I particularly like the cap-toe. The heel's a bit larger than the others too: I measure it at about 1.375 inches. So if you're small like me, an extra 3/8 of an inch never hurt.

I got a ton of compliments on them, but unfortunately, I didn't go a half-size down like I should have. So after three years of wearing them every day without using shoe trees, they're pretty worn out. But their state now is certainly my fault and not the quality of the construction.

I'd definitely recommend them, but good luck finding a pair. I've been scouring the internet for a year now and still haven't found another in my size.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
I think they are the best looking boots as well. They don't seem to be as clunky as the iron rangers or any other cap toe boot in that style. I wish I could find a boot that's very similar to it.. but all can find via the Internet so far seems too big and clunky.

I'd say 3 years is really good for not taking care of them and wearing them all the time!
post #12 of 14

Check out the Frye Arkansas Cap Toe.

post #13 of 14
The Wolverine 1000 Mile boots is quite slick looking. You may want to check it out.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

The Wolverine 1000 Mile boots is quite slick looking. You may want to check it out.

They seem a bit bulky too... but that is in fact what I bought!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots for casual and business casual wear.. suggestions?