or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How durable are silk socks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How durable are silk socks?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Title says it all, how many wears should I expect form a well-made pair of silk socks?

How is this compared to pure merino or compared to 70/30 merino/nylon mix socks?
post #2 of 20
The merinos are probably going to last you longer. I've got a couple pairs of silk blend socks and they tend to kind of pull and pill a lot easier.
post #3 of 20
The lifespan will depend on your lifestyle and how the socks are washed. They will certainly last longer if you only walk from the car to the office and are hand washed than if you are pounding pavement in your daily commute and machine wash.
post #4 of 20
silks socks (100%) only for formal wear.
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

silks socks (100%) only for formal wear unless you are an eccentric.

FTFY
post #6 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

The lifespan will depend on your lifestyle and how the socks are washed. They will certainly last longer if you only walk from the car to the office and are hand washed than if you are pounding pavement in your daily commute and machine wash.

Of course, but I already have merino socks so I use these as my baseline. For any amount of pavement-pounding, how long will well made silk socks last compared to merinos? Half the time? About the same, about double?

Heh, and how eccentric do I need to be to get away with it? I just got my first pair in the mail yesterday and they are absolutely wonderful. I really want to never wear anything else ever.

How formal is formal? Can they be worn with suits, or are we talking morning coat/white tie here?
post #7 of 20
They will last 42.3% of the time.
post #8 of 20
Try Pantherella otc silk/ nylon blend otc's,very durable for my needs
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silverfox View Post

Of course, but I already have merino socks so I use these as my baseline. For any amount of pavement-pounding, how long will well made silk socks last compared to merinos? Half the time? About the same, about double?
Heh, and how eccentric do I need to be to get away with it? I just got my first pair in the mail yesterday and they are absolutely wonderful. I really want to never wear anything else ever.
How formal is formal? Can they be worn with suits, or are we talking morning coat/white tie here?

Isn't there a fetish site for this sort of thing? happy.gif
post #10 of 20
If you had to guess how durable would you think they are?
post #11 of 20
Not sure about the fetish thing.just think a thinner sock is more elegant than thicker one,I find my foot is not as cramped in shoes when wearing a thinner sock
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Isn't there a fetish site for this sort of thing? happy.gif
post #13 of 20
Not sure about the fetish thing,but I find the thinner otc's as being more refine than a thicker sock,besides my foot fits better in my shoes with a thinner sock
post #14 of 20
If you really want to wear pure silk socks all the time, just do it.

Why are you soliciting internet opinion/approval?
post #15 of 20
I could'nt agree with you more
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How durable are silk socks?