• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white denim

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
did a search, couldn't find much...

I'm thinking that a nice pair of white jeans for summer is really all that's missing from my wardrobe, but I can't seem to find any. I'd like a fairly quality pair, more akin to APC or something than to cheap monday standards). I'm near Toronto right now and will be in London and Paris for much of the summer... any suggestions on where to find some? I'd rather get them before i get to europe but if that's the best place to find them then so be it.

(I looked at some ACNE ones but the description said something about them being painted which very much confused me)

any help is appreciated

-wcwb

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its Jet who has white somets from BiG. And I think he likes them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks dan, I'm too lazy to search for my own posts.

The only thing is none of the white denim that I've seen is very light, the somets which I love aren't a summery jean but I happen to like that. If you're trying to stay cool, look elsewhere but if you really have your mind set on them the somets are the best. Also, you'd be amazed at how versatile they are. Also be prepared to have people stare at you for wearing white pants
crackup[1].gif

PS. You can't beat white selvage and gold plated front rivets
inlove.gif

Too bad my pair shrunk so I have to get another. I also have my eye on some white cotton casual pants I might pick up, now those are truely summer pants.

Max

Reaction score
Do not be convinced by the department store hype; white pants have no place in my wardrobe.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They have them at department stores now? No **** looks like I'll be returning mine
crackup[1].gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nudie has a pair of white slim jims in their current S/S collection. I haven't seem them in person, but they have a picture up on their site.

Edit: Also, I think Nom de Guerre has a pair of white jeans in their current collection as well. I'm guessing the price on those are scary though.

Max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They have them at department stores now? No **** looks like I'll be returning mine
crackup[1].gif

F'real. Bloomingdale's or S5A was all about it at Bal Harbor.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Nudie has a pair of white slim jims in their current S/S collection. I haven't seem them in person, but they have a picture up on their site.

I've already had two pairs of nudie SJ's and I'm very much unimpressed with their quality.

as for the comments about dept. store hype, I haven't been to a department store in years, I just happen to be of the opinion that white jeans can look very good in the right context...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear white jeans every summer. I have a pair of white Levi's 501 that I wear often when the weather gets a bit nicer. I also have two pairs of really light material Diesels that feel like linen. White jeans never go out of style.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I wear white jeans every summer. I have a pair of white Levi's 501 that I wear often when the weather gets a bit nicer. I also have two pairs of really light material Diesels that feel like linen. White jeans never go out of style.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

are the 501's just regular levis quaity or do they make them in the higher range (LVC, and what have you)...?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by west coast wonderboy
are the 501's just regular levis quaity or do they make them in the higher range (LVC, and what have you)...?
Just good old regular 501s, straight cut, slim, and rather simple. The way white jeans should be.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Just good old regular 501s, straight cut, slim, and rather simple. The way white jeans should be.

I know 501's, I just meant what quality denim do they make them in... basic, mall denim quality or higher end, actully nice denim quality...

ninjapie

Reaction score
H&M White Sliqs? $40,-

Not the best quality, but also not the worst. Better than Cheap Monday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads