Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/10/16 at 4:37pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 1:16am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:41 am in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread - Page 7post #91 of 16733/3/13 at 5:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 16733/5/13 at 4:20pmpost #93 of 16733/5/13 at 4:45pmpost #94 of 16733/5/13 at 8:06pmpost #95 of 16733/5/13 at 8:44pmI just posted a review on Tumblr of my week with Yellow Hook Neckties, thought you might enjoy it here too.
HOOKED : A review of Yellow Hook Neckties
A Few Weeks Ago, Rob From Yellow Hook Neckties Contacted Me And Asked If I Wanted To Try Some Of His New Neckwear To See What I Thought. I Have Known Rob, Aka NewYorkIslander On StyleForum For Many Years. I Was Glad To Try Out Something Of His, As I Really Like His Eclectic Taste.
In my package was 6 ties as seen above - 4 from the current collection of FW12 and 2 from the upcoming S13 collection.
The first one I wore was the wool and cashmere houndstooth. I have a similar tie like this from Ralph Lauren Purple Label, but I prefer this one actually. The unlined 3 construction of this makes it really easy to tie a nice knot, something I hate about most woolen or winter fabric ties.
Next up was the “Wooly Mammoth”, aptly named. A great, scratchy tweed with tons of color and depth. Admittedly, I wasnt keen on this one from seeing the pictures in his thread, but I really liked it more when I had it on.
Third was the first look at something from Spring. The purple and white tweed is actually a silk from Tom Fords collections. Now, I really dont wear many Tom Ford ties because they tie tremendous knots. This one was unlined and tied a beautiful knot in a fabric that is extremely unique. The downside though (and perhaps its just me) is that I really didnt know what to pair with it. I wore it with pinstripes, but it probably wasnt the best choice.
Next up was the plaid wool in an unlined 6. The perfect combination of mocha and ivory, this one filled a gap in my collection and is a really, really nice one. Definitely one of the top two in the batch for me.
Last, was Rob’s #1 seller - the denim tweed in Woodhouse cloth. This tie is so great - a basic blue tie, yes, but the stitching is done with laser detail, the fabric is really interesting and textural, and it just felt right on.
There was one more tie in the batch, a glossy silk (which I believe was also from the Tom Ford bolts, not sure though) which I did try and wear, but the silk was just wrong for an unlined version and would not properly. Rob tells me that he’s going to adjust that for production in the coming months.
All in all, I was very pleased at the quality of the ties. Im no expert on construction, stitching, etc - I just know what I like and whats good. Yellow Hook Neckties hit both of those notes. My tie assortment includes the best names in the world that you could mention - Marinella, Kiton, Rubinacci, Capelli and the other Napoli suspects. StyleForum bred homegrown brands like Vanda and Panta, which I love as well. Fashion brands from Hermes, Ralph Lauren, and many others. Placed in my arsenal next to these, Yellow Hook Neckties most certainly holds their own. Im looking forward to having more of them in there.post #96 of 16733/5/13 at 9:12pmpost #97 of 16733/6/13 at 12:03ampost #98 of 16733/6/13 at 7:51ampost #99 of 16733/6/13 at 1:04pmpost #100 of 16733/6/13 at 1:11pmpost #101 of 16733/6/13 at 3:07pmpost #102 of 16733/11/13 at 9:16pmpost #103 of 16733/12/13 at 7:34ampost #104 of 16733/12/13 at 8:03am
- Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1512 Active Users (340 Members and 1172 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?