Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/2/16 at 12:52pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/13/16 at 8:04am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/15/16 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread - Page 7post #91 of 20863/3/13 at 5:28pmpost #92 of 20863/5/13 at 4:20pmpost #93 of 20863/5/13 at 4:45pmpost #94 of 20863/5/13 at 8:06pmpost #95 of 20863/5/13 at 8:44pmI just posted a review on Tumblr of my week with Yellow Hook Neckties, thought you might enjoy it here too.
HOOKED : A review of Yellow Hook Neckties
A Few Weeks Ago, Rob From Yellow Hook Neckties Contacted Me And Asked If I Wanted To Try Some Of His New Neckwear To See What I Thought. I Have Known Rob, Aka NewYorkIslander On StyleForum For Many Years. I Was Glad To Try Out Something Of His, As I Really Like His Eclectic Taste.
In my package was 6 ties as seen above - 4 from the current collection of FW12 and 2 from the upcoming S13 collection.
The first one I wore was the wool and cashmere houndstooth. I have a similar tie like this from Ralph Lauren Purple Label, but I prefer this one actually. The unlined 3 construction of this makes it really easy to tie a nice knot, something I hate about most woolen or winter fabric ties.
Next up was the “Wooly Mammoth”, aptly named. A great, scratchy tweed with tons of color and depth. Admittedly, I wasnt keen on this one from seeing the pictures in his thread, but I really liked it more when I had it on.
Third was the first look at something from Spring. The purple and white tweed is actually a silk from Tom Fords collections. Now, I really dont wear many Tom Ford ties because they tie tremendous knots. This one was unlined and tied a beautiful knot in a fabric that is extremely unique. The downside though (and perhaps its just me) is that I really didnt know what to pair with it. I wore it with pinstripes, but it probably wasnt the best choice.
Next up was the plaid wool in an unlined 6. The perfect combination of mocha and ivory, this one filled a gap in my collection and is a really, really nice one. Definitely one of the top two in the batch for me.
Last, was Rob’s #1 seller - the denim tweed in Woodhouse cloth. This tie is so great - a basic blue tie, yes, but the stitching is done with laser detail, the fabric is really interesting and textural, and it just felt right on.
There was one more tie in the batch, a glossy silk (which I believe was also from the Tom Ford bolts, not sure though) which I did try and wear, but the silk was just wrong for an unlined version and would not properly. Rob tells me that he’s going to adjust that for production in the coming months.
All in all, I was very pleased at the quality of the ties. Im no expert on construction, stitching, etc - I just know what I like and whats good. Yellow Hook Neckties hit both of those notes. My tie assortment includes the best names in the world that you could mention - Marinella, Kiton, Rubinacci, Capelli and the other Napoli suspects. StyleForum bred homegrown brands like Vanda and Panta, which I love as well. Fashion brands from Hermes, Ralph Lauren, and many others. Placed in my arsenal next to these, Yellow Hook Neckties most certainly holds their own. Im looking forward to having more of them in there.post #96 of 20863/5/13 at 9:12pmpost #97 of 20863/6/13 at 12:03ampost #98 of 20863/6/13 at 7:51ampost #99 of 20863/6/13 at 1:04pmpost #100 of 20863/6/13 at 1:11pmpost #101 of 20863/6/13 at 3:07pmpost #102 of 20863/11/13 at 9:16pmpost #103 of 20863/12/13 at 7:34ampost #104 of 20863/12/13 at 8:03ampost #105 of 20863/12/13 at 8:23am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1429 Active Users (314 Members and 1115 Guests)
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › New! - Naked & Famous selvedge 13oz raw denim white jeans, tag 33 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Balding advice 7 minutes ago
- › CESARE ATTOLINI NAPOLI - SLATE GUNMETAL BLUE & RED DOUBLE PIN... 7 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding