Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/2/16 at 12:52pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:58am in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread - Page 37post #541 of 24651/22/14 at 4:36pmpost #542 of 24651/22/14 at 4:48pmpost #543 of 24651/23/14 at 11:02ampost #544 of 24651/23/14 at 11:52ampost #545 of 24651/23/14 at 3:25pmpost #546 of 24651/24/14 at 6:52amAre you experiencing any backlog on shipping items? I got an email on 1/20 with a USPS tracking code but there's been no change to the status of it since then - just the electronic shipping info received status saying they were notified to expect a parcel.
Edit: You can disregard, man. USPS just updated 30 mins. ago. It's at their sorting facility in NY so looks like I'm on track for delivery around the middle of next week.
I got the cocoa cashmere, English tattersall, and dark glen plaid cashmere and can't wait to rock all of these.
I've never really seen a pre-tracking number linger like that so I wasn't sure what to make of it.
Edited by TM79 - 1/24/14 at 10:10ampost #547 of 24651/24/14 at 3:27pmSorry about that...sometimes our Post Office here isn't the greatest, but its the one we have to work with. We generally get orders out the next business day after they are ordered on our lunch hour, or the latest on our way to grab our kids after school (4PM). The storm threw everyone for a loop here as well, and Tuesday was the first day POs were open (Sunday and MLK Day) so it wouldn't surprise me if that sat there an extra day or two. I would expect them to be to you by Monday tbh, as once they get out of NY, its a quick trip! Let me know when they get there...I'm sure you'll love them.
Edited by NewYorkIslander - 1/24/14 at 3:39pmpost #548 of 24651/26/14 at 6:07amQuote:
FYI if it's insured for more than $200, sometimes your local post office (at their discretion) will request a signature.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Like everyone, have always been a fan of that white Stark. But even more, really like the casual flannel shirt choice here. It works really beautifully with the tie and jeans. Helpful and great to see casual shirt + tie pulled off well.post #549 of 24651/26/14 at 2:05pmpost #550 of 24651/27/14 at 7:21ampost #551 of 24651/27/14 at 1:07pmpost #552 of 24651/27/14 at 1:08pmpost #553 of 24651/27/14 at 2:10pmQuote:
Lots of awesome linens (some real lux stuff too, think LP Linen/Silk) and some super silk knits. We've shied away from the shantung as I feel it needs a more beefier construction than what we do. If I can find a real nice heavy one though, you now we'll carry it!post #554 of 24651/27/14 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Sorry about that...sometimes our Post Office here isn't the greatest, but its the one we have to work with. We generally get orders out the next business day after they are ordered on our lunch hour, or the latest on our way to grab our kids after school (4PM). The storm threw everyone for a loop here as well, and Tuesday was the first day POs were open (Sunday and MLK Day) so it wouldn't surprise me if that sat there an extra day or two. I would expect them to be to you by Monday tbh, as once they get out of NY, its a quick trip! Let me know when they get there...I'm sure you'll love them.
Just got them today like you said. Thanks very much for the handwritten note, too. That type of stuff is a dying art and it's good to see guys like you and the NMWA crew adding that personal touch to the online experience.
As for the ties - holy shit. Amazing. All three of these will be in heavy rotation. That cocoa cashmere is nuts. I'm really lucky to grab one of the final ones in stock.post #555 of 24651/28/14 at 12:30am
Just received my first tie from Yellow Hook - the cashmere houndstooth (I'm concentrating on building up a few basics from various forum vendors right now, after which I will only be buying one or two very special items).
The tie is lovely, but as others have remarked here, it's also the personal service and small touches that make receiving a tie from Yellow Hook a pleasure. And the postage to Japan was remarkably quick and not expensive at all.
Thank-you very much!
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 22 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › The (semi-)official "slutty t-shirts" thread 36 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 40 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 43 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 43 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...