Tie is definitely fantastic. This is my first butcher stripe shirt. I'm not sure so far but I think I like it. What don't you like about the shirt?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/2/16 at 12:52pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 12:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/22/16 at 4:48pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 1:15pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread - Page 125post #1862 of 22024/21/16 at 10:04amQuote:
There's definitely nothing "wrong" with the shirt. For me, it's just the butcher stripe design that comes off a bit too aggressive for my tastes...though obviously that is entirely tied to subjective opinion.post #1863 of 22024/21/16 at 10:29amQuote:
I hear you on that. I've always had the same apprehension regarding the butcher stripe. Its bold and very "banker". I think I'm warming to it though. Appreciate your feedback.post #1864 of 22024/21/16 at 6:34pmpost #1865 of 22024/25/16 at 4:25ampost #1866 of 22024/26/16 at 4:47ampost #1867 of 22024/27/16 at 4:11ampost #1868 of 22024/27/16 at 9:42am
Had just received some new Yellow Hooks - 2 from the last (current?) sale and 2 from the last Luxeswap sale and had to run out to a meeting so I used it as a chance to snap a few photos as I was deciding which one to wear (ran out of time to try on the 4th so no photo). Of course all are awesome.post #1869 of 22024/28/16 at 8:39ampost #1870 of 22024/28/16 at 4:03pmpost #1871 of 22024/29/16 at 7:32ampost #1872 of 22024/30/16 at 5:06pmQuote:
Is that the selfedge denim Imy? Looks great!post #1873 of 22025/1/16 at 3:09pmHey fellas! Lots of new stuff on its way, including: superfine Japanese cotton, pinpoint oxford, heirloom button down dress shirts.
These may be the most beautiful oxford clothes I have ever handled. They will be entirely hand made, all single needle work, in a tiny workshop in NJ and are perfect for warmer to hot weather when you need to dress up. We will also be releasing around the same time our gorgeous chambray spread collar dress shirts. Again, entirely hand made in the same shop. These shirts will be made along side several famous, Italian, designer shirts that retail for $500.00 and up. Ours will be at about half that price. We expect both of these (two pinpoint oxfords - blue and white, and two chambrays - light blue and light gray) sometime in June, maybe earlier. I'll be on here later to provide dimensions and measurements on all of the sizes. Quantities will be extremely limited as we launch this new endeavor.
We are also one step closer to a Made in Brooklyn, tough as nails, single needle, denim workshirt. I aim for these to be ready for Fall 2016 in several, rare, end bolt pieces of some bad ass Japanese and Italian denim.
Lastly, our summer collection is just about here and it is going to be loaded with Loro Piana cashmere silk in some fantastic, eye popping, colors. This means only one thing, all of our remaining spring ties will be being blown out at a clearance price of $84.99. Once these are gone, they are gone for good and most are down to their final few units. If you see something you like, now is the time to grab it.post #1874 of 22025/1/16 at 5:24pmpost #1875 of 22025/2/16 at 3:45amQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Is that the selfedge denim Imy? Looks great!
This is an older (2013/2014) LP wool/linen/silk denimy-looking tie. Much softer and lightweight than year's true selvedge denim.
Edited by imys - 5/2/16 at 1:44pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Video Games 4 seconds ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cheaney 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lot of 4 NWOT J. Crew Ties 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...