Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- David Fin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 8/2/16 at 12:52pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 5:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 12/5/16 at 2:17pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread - Page 100post #1486 of 233411/11/15 at 4:32pmpost #1487 of 233411/11/15 at 4:38pmpost #1488 of 233411/11/15 at 6:17pmpost #1489 of 233411/12/15 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Goodman
A little late but I had a great time at the trunk show. Not unexpectedly Rob and Courtney were generous with their time as well as their bourbon. Many thanks. Nothing beats handling the ties in real life to appreciate the quality and depth of color and character they possess. (The ties, not Rob and Courtney.) Ended up with the two below (the brown is a W. Bill) and they are both fantastic. Also, purchased a bar of soap from Rich and Clean. Figured any friend of Rob's... I'm not remotely into skin care or "scents" but I've enjoyed the product so far and any lingering scent is very subtle and my bathroom has never smelled better.
The chocolate brown W. Bill looks awesome - a perfect autumnal colour. I'm really liking the purple silk too. I'm quite jealous - I will really have to make an effort to get to NY and meet Rob and Courtney. Rob, any chance you can make it north of the boarder .post #1490 of 233411/12/15 at 4:44amQuote:
You and me both, that's why I love Autumn and Winter. I have quite a few silks from YHN and they are spectacular. They knot and drape considerably well. Definitely worth the purchase.post #1491 of 233411/12/15 at 9:10am
Thanks. I have mostly wool's/cashmere's/tweed's as well so when I saw the purple silk it was a "no brainer" and the W. Bill fabrics are just so nice. Funny thing is, the less I need to wear ties the more thought and effort I am putting in to getting really special pieces. Work doesn't require it all that often and play doesn't require it all that often. So, anytime I reach for a tie these days it's either for something important or something I choose to make an extra effort for and want to look my best. Pedestrian ties just don't seem to cut it anymore.post #1492 of 233411/13/15 at 2:56amQuote:
I wish I could man! My teaching gig is driving me up a wall this year. We're going to be heavily investing in the company though this next calendar year, so expect lots of GREAT new items, not just neckties, that we'll create, that we think are the best on the market. Perhaps a business trip to MTL or TO wouldn't be out of the question then.Quote:Originally Posted by Goodman
Thanks. I have mostly wool's/cashmere's/tweed's as well so when I saw the purple silk it was a "no brainer" and the W. Bill fabrics are just so nice. Funny thing is, the less I need to wear ties the more thought and effort I am putting in to getting really special pieces. Work doesn't require it all that often and play doesn't require it all that often. So, anytime I reach for a tie these days it's either for something important or something I choose to make an extra effort for and want to look my best. Pedestrian ties just don't seem to cut it anymore.
We just posted a few of these articles this week on our facebook page, you know, the ones that talk about the history, relevance and future of the necktie. If you haven't gone over to us to check it out, please do....we post new content almost every morning.post #1493 of 233411/13/15 at 3:05amI have to say, meeting Gus and Bruce at the Trunk Show this weekend really sparked in me a desire to dress a little bit differently at work. This week it was like a combo of the old Rob, and the Rob of jeans and tee shirts that has been more "around" the past year or so. Here's some of this weeks looks:
New Railroad Stripe Denim (SOLD OUT but more incoming...will have a pre-order option up shortly)
OLD Railroad Denim Stripe (LONG SOLD OUT - from our first Spring Season)
WBill Emerald Red Windowpane - available now here: http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/w-bill-emerald-red-windowpane
Dwyer Paisley Six Fold - available now here: http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/dwyer-paisley-six-foldpost #1494 of 233411/13/15 at 1:29pmpost #1495 of 233411/13/15 at 4:57pmpost #1496 of 233411/15/15 at 7:05ampost #1497 of 233411/15/15 at 7:46pmpost #1498 of 233411/16/15 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ericgereghty
My reaction to most of the new listings to the site: holy tits! Seriously sexy stuff.
My apologies in advance if this is in any way uncouth, but does the SF discount still apply with the new pricing structure? Certainly understandable if it does not, but it doesn't hurt to inquire.
Dude! Never uncouth! Part of the reason why we adjusted the price structure the way we did was because we felt folks were waiting for sales to buy our stuff, so essentially everything is already priced as if it's on sale! Having said that, we will probably run two big sales at the end of the Winter and end of the Summer to clear out remaining stock from the past season, but as you know, a lot of the great stuff goes fast, and since we never make more than 4 of a piece (just how we do business and how I can get such great cloths at superb prices and also classifies us as a "Green Company") we're usually down to just about nothing by then.
So....HAPPY SHOPPING!post #1499 of 233411/16/15 at 3:15amOK boys, all of the rest of our Fall/Winter gear is up and live and ready to roll out. A lot of these new pieces are one and done, many are two and done and really just a couple are three or four.
But, also think it's a great time to share what we're working on with our friends at The Rich and Clean. We spent a really tough Saturday night doing some "research" and I think we've nailed a few whiskey based men's soaps that will be Yellow Hook Exclusives. These things just exude manliness and I think will make great additions to any man's shower:
All of their stuff, like ours, is crafted entirely by hand, the old fashioned way, and comes from the same building that our ties do. Jeremy is an upstairs neighbor and a really solid dude, but one of those guys who builds stuff, makes stuff and all around does cool "man shit". We think that his aesthetic meshes perfectly with ours and we're really proud to have him be our first collaborative effort. I'm fairly sure we'll be rolling out with two bars, one will be made with a bourbon whiskey scent, and one with single malt scotch whiskey scent and as you can imagine one will be sweet and smokey and the other will be smokey and leathery. I've been wearing some testers the last few days and am REALLY excited. You all should say hello to Jeremy @TheRichandClean!
I'll get up a preview of all the new ties tonight or tomorrow morning. So stay tuned.
Edited by NewYorkIslander - 11/16/15 at 3:28ampost #1500 of 233411/16/15 at 5:26pm
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 24 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 40 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 41 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 45 minutes ago
- › Jomers 45 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...