or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread - Page 54

post #796 of 848

did you guys ever deal with packages that are marked as "delivered" but they weren't?

 

already filed a claim but usps says it was delivered so gonna visit the office tmrw to cause some mass chaos

post #797 of 848
Yes. The buyer complained to me but then found it. A family memner had it.
post #798 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post

did you guys ever deal with packages that are marked as "delivered" but they weren't?

already filed a claim but usps says it was delivered so gonna visit the office tmrw to cause some mass chaos

this has happened to me with Canada Post before.

often it's just a mistake, and the parcel is still on its way.

had one marked delivered show up two days afterwards...
post #799 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


this has happened to me with Canada Post before.

often it's just a mistake, and the parcel is still on its way.

had one marked delivered show up two days afterwards...

actually, it was ca post for me as well... however its been a month already so i don tthink its on its way

 

usps employee said it was delivered to the wrong street per GPS but when i called again, they said it was delivered... goddamn usps

post #800 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post

actually, it was ca post for me as well... however its been a month already so i don tthink its on its way

usps employee said it was delivered to the wrong street per GPS but when i called again, they said it was delivered... goddamn usps

ah shit that sucks.

if it was sent without signature required, then you can pretty much expect it to go missing.

always cough up the extra money and demand shipping service with signature required, 100% success rate with such services [whereas very low success rate without].
post #801 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


ah shit that sucks.

if it was sent without signature required, then you can pretty much expect it to go missing.

always cough up the extra money and demand shipping service with signature required, 100% success rate with such services [whereas very low success rate without].

i usually never had a problem with shipping services esp usps (only had one package go missing and had to eat the cost which wasn't too bad considering the number of packages ive sent throughout the years... too bad they were used CPs).

 

and i live in a safe neighborhood so hopefully usps just delivered to a wrong address so maybe theres hope?

post #802 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post

i usually never had a problem with shipping services esp usps (only had one package go missing and had to eat the cost which wasn't too bad considering the number of packages ive sent throughout the years... too bad they were used CPs).

and i live in a safe neighborhood so hopefully usps just delivered to a wrong address so maybe theres hope?

well, could have been stolen, could have been damaged, could have been lost.

if the value was marked down for you to avoid customs, chances are they won't give many fucks as they'll see reimbursing you as easier than going on a witch hunt for an ostensibly cheap parcel.

has little to do with your neighborhood, and most to do with whatever the source of the error was.

parcels don't get delivered to wrong addresses, the system doesn't work that way [wrong floor of an office building? maybe, wrong street / house / etc? nah].

was USPS able to tell you what address it was erroneously delivered to?

in my experience el-cheapo shipping options [ie - without signature required] don't offer that, which is another way the whole process is frustratingly mysterious when this happens.
post #803 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


well, could have been stolen, could have been damaged, could have been lost.

if the value was marked down for you to avoid customs, chances are they won't give many fucks as they'll see reimbursing you as easier than going on a witch hunt for an ostensibly cheap parcel.

has little to do with your neighborhood, and most to do with whatever the source of the error was.

parcels don't get delivered to wrong addresses, the system doesn't work that way [wrong floor of an office building? maybe, wrong street / house / etc? nah].

was USPS able to tell you what address it was erroneously delivered to?

in my experience el-cheapo shipping options [ie - without signature required] don't offer that, which is another way the whole process is frustratingly mysterious when this happens.

they actually did tell me where it was delivered to which was about 5 min walk from my house in the same community. i left a note there but didnt hear back from the house owner... and usps has yet to update me on the package and neither has the seller. so my only choice right now is to file a chargeback against the seller which is less than ideal but since they're not really cooperating, i can only do so much

 

-------------------

 

btw, update on the fedex customs/duties bill from buying from endclothing. basically they charged me duties for two items that were well under $800. end told me to talk to fedex since its not their problem so i did. 

 

after a quick call with fedex, they told me its taken care of and the invoice is gone because things "slip by" sometimes. 

post #804 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post

they actually did tell me where it was delivered to which was about 5 min walk from my house in the same community. i left a note there but didnt hear back from the house owner... and usps has yet to update me on the package and neither has the seller. so my only choice right now is to file a chargeback against the seller which is less than ideal but since they're not really cooperating, i can only do so much


btw, update on the fedex customs/duties bill from buying from endclothing. basically they charged me duties for two items that were well under $800. end told me to talk to fedex since its not their problem so i did. 

after a quick call with fedex, they told me its taken care of and the invoice is gone because things "slip by" sometimes. 

oh nutty!

was the street name the same, just different house number or something?

i just can't fathom how someone can look at an address on a box, and deliver it to a completely different one...

i'd just keep stalking the person it was delivered to, but i suppose it's hard to find the time with such things...
post #805 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


oh nutty!

was the street name the same, just different house number or something?

i just can't fathom how someone can look at an address on a box, and deliver it to a completely different one...

i'd just keep stalking the person it was delivered to, but i suppose it's hard to find the time with such things...

different street, similar street name though.

 

what i cant fathom is if the person actually got my package on accident, why wouldnt they return it to me? i know where they live... do they just want the pair of jeans they probably wont fit?  maybe they can resell but i believe in the decency of people so it makes me question the whole situation. usps's POS customer service doesnt help either

post #806 of 848

Has anyone shipped to Germany lately?

 

Buyer wants to mark down an item from 600 -> 60 and I wouldn't do it if customs is a hassle over there.

post #807 of 848

I've shipped once a package to Germany and it got lost. As long as I know, DHL delivers over there once packages arrived at border and their services are terrible. 

post #808 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFS View Post

Has anyone shipped to Germany lately?

Buyer wants to mark down an item from 600 -> 60 and I wouldn't do it if customs is a hassle over there.

zero problems shipping to Germany.

any "purchase" has to be picked up from the local post office there i believe, or maybe it's a "duties" office of some sort.

if the parcel says $60.00, and doesn't have an invoice, they'll have to provide one.

really not your problem though, just make sure to ship with a signature required upon delivery and you can't possibly get screwed.

[ed: ship to Germany all the time, never any issues outside what i described above]
post #809 of 848
Thinking of picking up a pair of CP Chelsea boots from End. I'm in the states and the price is $400.
What can I expect to pay in fees/duties?
post #810 of 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Thinking of picking up a pair of CP Chelsea boots from End. I'm in the states and the price is $400.
What can I expect to pay in fees/duties?

None since they raised the duty free limit for shipments to $800 earlier this year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread