or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK - Page 73

post #1081 of 1126
Can someone give advice on what the waistcoats/vests below should be worn with?




I like them but don't know how to "rock" them.
post #1082 of 1126
i would wear them with a tee like most of the beams or united arrows dudes.
post #1083 of 1126
As much as I like EG those are way down the list of stuff I'd buy from them
post #1084 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

As much as I like EG those are way down the list of stuff I'd buy from them

yeah the floral vest is really nice to wear with a full suit.

i wear mine with my navy suit and it adds this nice pop.

keep in mind, my wife thinks i dress like an idiot but i like it. wink.gif
post #1085 of 1126

A full EG suit (jacket, vest, pants) is on my to-cop list.

 

I'm aiming for one that's more suited to colder weather.

post #1086 of 1126

Nepenthes Tumblr have updated the SS14 preview and posted higher resolution pictures and much more variety. Its getting more and more psychadelic.

 

It looks [to me] like Daiki has [almost] reached his peak in terms of adding as much raw function and performance as he can to his garments that he's matching that now with artistic input – something i absolutely love.

 

The whole man meets tuck skirt thing is a little too experimental for me. I say that now but i know ill go for it down the track.

 

But what I love about Daiki is that he comforts the EG puritans by constantly evolving the 'woodsman' utilitarian styles we're all too familar with. I honestly think Daiki Suzuki is the most innovative designer/curator of the modern age. Engineered Garments is simply getting better and better. That's my 2 penny worth :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #1087 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nepenthes Tumblr have updated the SS14 preview and posted higher resolution pictures and much more variety. Its getting more and more psychadelic.

It looks [to me] like Daiki has [almost] reached his peak in terms of adding as much raw function and performance as he can to his garments that he's matching that now with artistic input – something i absolutely love.

The whole man meets tuck skirt thing is a little too experimental for me. I say that now but i know ill go for it down the track.

But what I love about Daiki is that he comforts the EG puritans by constantly evolving the 'woodsman' utilitarian styles we're all too familar with. I honestly think Daiki Suzuki is the most innovative designer/curator of the modern age. Engineered Garments is simply getting better and better. That's my 2 penny worth smile.gif


















Thanks for posting these. That first look is nuts. Leaning towards it being really awesome at the moment but pretty much no way I'd wear it though. The second look is right up my street however.
post #1088 of 1126

^^^ That last FWK look is really cool.  Mixed feelings about the mens.  Kurtas I can get behind, some of the other weirder stuff -not so much.

 

I like this one:

 

 

On an SS13 note I got myself a denim western shirt in the sales.  Only my second EG shirt, really liking it.

post #1089 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan View Post

Can someone give advice on what the waistcoats/vests below should be worn with?




I like them but don't know how to "rock" them.

I'd recommend one of EG's more "everyday" kind of vests, like the Upland. Those can be worn with anything, the waist coats on the other hand, I feel like if you were to wear those with anything other than a suit you're going to look like Usher.
post #1090 of 1126
^ agreed, I wear several (waistcoats and some vests),,, a vest can look good with almost any outfit,,, waistcoats imho, look good with a suit or at least a shirt/tie and if possible matching pant, otherwise your getting into waiter/valet/server/usher territory.

I personally prefer the waistcoats that have same fabric front and back, not the satin back ones, as those cant really be worn without their matching suit, otherwise it just looks a bit douche imho....
post #1091 of 1126
I wear the vests with button down shirts and never with jeans. Always with slacks, fatigues, chinos, etc. not necessarily with a tie, but ties help. Throw a jacket or even a cardigan over if weather permits.

But remember, no rules. Work it out with your wardrobe. Could work with a tee. I've worn blue vests with a blue tee underneath.
post #1092 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlercon View Post


I'd recommend one of EG's more "everyday" kind of vests, like the Upland. Those can be worn with anything, the waist coats on the other hand, I feel like if you were to wear those with anything other than a suit you're going to look like Usher.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

^ agreed, I wear several (waistcoats and some vests),,, a vest can look good with almost any outfit,,, waistcoats imho, look good with a suit or at least a shirt/tie and if possible matching pant, otherwise your getting into waiter/valet/server/usher territory.

I personally prefer the waistcoats that have same fabric front and back, not the satin back ones, as those cant really be worn without their matching suit, otherwise it just looks a bit douche imho....

How to differentiate between vest & waistcoat? Waistcoat is one with lapel / collar?

post #1093 of 1126
Me three. The upland vest is the ideal vest -- and more outerwear than anything.

But if you're after a spring vest that has outerwear properties and waistcoat like potential, I highly recommend the 'north wind vest' it has a button snap detachable hood that transforms it into a waistcoat-like vest with 2 zips, and adds much welcomed character if you wish to wear it underneath a jacket like a Bedford or something... Food for thought man smile.gif

post #1094 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

How to differentiate between vest & waistcoat? Waistcoat is one with lapel / collar?

Not necessarily, although nowadays its getting harder to tell some apart,, but for me a waist coat usually has a cinch belt on the lower back to fit snug at the waist and front hem is either pointed or rounded but rarely squared,,,, vests are usually looser fitting, have square hems and no cinch belt, although some will have side tabs...

Another way to look at it is that a wasitcoat is something to layer a coat over (mid-layer piece),,, and a vest is more of a outer piece by itself.

Now in the real world its mostly a difference of where you live (US vs UK),,, a waistcoat goes under a coat,,, and a vest goes under a jacket.
Edited by canstyleace - 7/27/13 at 11:00am
post #1095 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post


Not necessarily, although nowadays its getting harder to tell some apart,, but for me a waist coat usually has a cinch belt on the lower back to fit snug at the waist and front hem is either pointed or rounded but rarely squared,,,, vests are usually looser fitting, have square hems and no cinch belt, although some will have side tabs...

Another way to look at it is that a wasitcoat is something to layer a coat over (mid-layer piece),,, and a vest is more of a outer piece by itself.

Now in the real world its mostly a difference of where you live (US vs UK),,, a waistcoat goes under a coat,,, and a vest goes under a jacket.

I guess it's kinda hard to tell at times. Another thing is perhaps the fabric & the overall look of the garment. For me, it's easier to classify them as formal or casual by the look.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK