Hi everyone, this is my very first post, but I have been an avid reader for a long time.
I will try to make this as short as possible.
I work in consulting, that translates to five days a week, every week, wearing a suit.
I have been in the business for about six years and during that time I've mostly worn:
1 Hugo B off the rack adjusted
1 Tiger off the rack adjusted
1 from Daves Tailor in shanghai
5 from Tony the tailor
Out of these now I've had to throw out 6 of the 8 due to worn trousers. I've kept some of the jackets, but I got limited closetspace and I plan on buying 5-7 new suits (3-4 reasonably fast, say within 2-3 months).
I have an athletic build so off the rack looks horrible on me. I got very broad shoulders and a slender torso.
I've read through what seems like a million posts now of W.W:Chan, Yao, Narin, Raj + + + and I am none the wiser.
In addition a lot of the threads seem to be rather old.
I got plenty of shirts (say 20-25 I order from Daves tailor), but I am looking to get, as I mentioned, 5-7 new suits.
I haven't quite decided on my budget yet, but I am not looking for cheap suits. I am prepared to spend at least 1300-1500 $ a suit or even a bit more (2000-2500) on some of the suits if I think the quality warrants it. My big question is then, what do I do?
1) Book a ticket to HK/Shanghai/Bangkok for 10 days and gamble on a whole ensamble from one of the "cheap" bespoke gurus
2) Try online options like mytailor with their best fabrics
3) Buy off the rack and adjust a lot (this is something I think I am not even considering, it's just up here to be thorough in my options)
4) Visit a MTM location in London
5) Start dating the daughter of someone on Saville row for major discounts
I would like advise on which of the options (or others I haven't thought of) you would recommend. I would also gladly take advice on what fit/style is best on my type of body.
Feel free to ask me questions here or in an IM if you got any