or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these suits *TOO* slim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these suits *TOO* slim? - Page 2

post #16 of 28
these suckers are all too tight. Some people like this aesthetic but I don't.
post #17 of 28

Even for me, I find his fit too slim. He's got an amazing body that already highlights the broad shoulders and slim waist but his suit is so fitted he looks cartoonish. I'd let out 2 cm on the waist and butt and think it'll look fine.

post #18 of 28

I only find the vested one as too slim, the brown suit seems okay

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Agreed. I find them to appear more costume than suit.

This.
post #20 of 28
There's something to be said for a trim cut, but these doesn't look comfortable or natural, so I don't see the appeal. Not to mention that history hasn't been kind to many fashion extremes.
post #21 of 28

They are WAAAAY too slim, and I'm a guy who likes to wear everything slim. That's the type of fit that a cartoon character would have. Still, for comically slim suits, they don't look as tight as I'd expect. It looks more like they're comically slim by design.

post #22 of 28
What about tailoring/fit techniques to get a suit as slim as possible but still allow movement?

For example I noticed if I have my shirt sleeves or jacket sleeves too slim it hurts to bend my arm all the way. Yet I will endure some discomfort for a good fit and since I usually don't bend my arms 100% of the way up anyway in day-to-day activities.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloStiX View Post

What about tailoring/fit techniques to get a suit as slim as possible but still allow movement?
For example I noticed if I have my shirt sleeves or jacket sleeves too slim it hurts to bend my arm all the way. Yet I will endure some discomfort for a good fit and since I usually don't bend my arms 100% of the way up anyway in day-to-day activities.

 

A good fit will not give you any discomfort. Something that is too tight will.

post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

They are WAAAAY too slim, and I'm a guy who likes to wear everything slim. That's the type of fit that a cartoon character would have. Still, for comically slim suits, they don't look as tight as I'd expect. It looks more like they're comically slim by design.

And he's a comically slim guy. The clothes are built around his frame- yes, they're obviously cut very close, but I've seen suits posted here that were cut similarly close to someone's body, it's just that the body wasn't such a radical body type.

Yes, it's still an extreme look, but that's much more the body than the suit, IMO. Any suit made to actually fit his frame would have to have a similar radio of the chest and shoulders to the waist.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


And he's a comically slim guy. The clothes are built around his frame- yes, they're obviously cut very close, but I've seen suits posted here that were cut similarly close to someone's body, it's just that the body wasn't such a radical body type.
Yes, it's still an extreme look, but that's much more the body than the suit, IMO. Any suit made to actually fit his frame would have to have a similar radio of the chest and shoulders to the waist.

 

I'd say that if his body type is that extreme then he shouldn't be wearing suits cut that close. In a classical sense a suit is supposed to accentuate your strengths and minimize your flaws. If his body is really extremely angular then a suit should try to soften that and make him look more balanced. I don't look good in certain fits that do other people quite well. Accordingly I avoid those.

post #26 of 28
Personal preference. They're probably considered too tight for most people, but I'm sure he likes it that way. He's clearly going for a certain look.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I'd say that if his body type is that extreme then he shouldn't be wearing suits cut that close. In a classical sense a suit is supposed to accentuate your strengths and minimize your flaws. If his body is really extremely angular then a suit should try to soften that and make him look more balanced. I don't look good in certain fits that do other people quite well. Accordingly I avoid those.

So having a suit that shows off his incredibly athletic physique isn't emphasizing his strengths? You want the fit to try and make him look closer to average, but that wouldn't, by any sense of the imagination, be minimizing his flaws, that would be making him look less fit than he is. Which would fall under the "making him look more flawed than he is" heading, a situation anyone should want to avoid.

He doesn't have an average body. His is better than the average body, why would he want to hide that? I know why so many here would like him to hide it, he's making them look bad.
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


So having a suit that shows off his incredibly athletic physique isn't emphasizing his strengths? You want the fit to try and make him look closer to average, but that wouldn't, by any sense of the imagination, be minimizing his flaws, that would be making him look less fit than he is. Which would fall under the "making him look more flawed than he is" heading, a situation anyone should want to avoid.
He doesn't have an average body. His is better than the average body, why would he want to hide that? I know why so many here would like him to hide it, he's making them look bad.

 

lol No, I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that if you want me to see every muscle in your spectacularly toned back then wear a skin tight underarmor t shirt. I should not be admiring your lats when you are in a suit. This is a tailor's shop, not a Mr. Universe competition.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these suits *TOO* slim?