Hey a fragrance thread, some of you go to such great lengths with your wardrobe, nice to see this accessory not getting overlooked.
Well whats your right occasion OP?
Different fragrances for different occasions and different seasons / weathers. Creed isn't the be all and end all although a great house with a few timeless classics and some more recent ubiquitious successes that the masses have stumbled onto (Yep talking about the pineapple in the room).
- Green Irish Tweed is a great all rounder and classic masculine scent suitable for many occasions but really shines in the summer time (imo - although could easily be worn all year). Its only downside is many find it similar to the much cheaper Cool water. They certainly have similarities but GiT is natural as opposed to the synthetic smell you get with Cool water. Its pretty versatile and easily a Creed you should try for yourself if you want to sample the house.
- Green Valley is a great alternative to GiT with a slight mint accord, nice differentiator and again shines in summer time (imo) and as an office scent. If you love mint give selection Verte a go certainly one of the freshest and mint based scents out there.
- Tabarome is another great allrounder the dryer notes of it lend easily lend itself to warmer or cooler weather, I consider it a pretty safe scent, have worn it in the office and had positive reactions. I forget the notes of this one but often have a hard time describing it, just a nie scent thats easy to enjoy.
- Virgin Island water - fun summer scent with strong boozy coconut and lime accords. Downside here is it often gets equated to suntan lotion.
- Himmalaya, lovely citrus / fresh scent however for many - myself included - it becomes an ephemeral skin scent way too quickly for the price.
- SMW, similar to HM above, but longeviety and projection is a bit better with the mix of berry and blackcurrent notes although as another poster mentioned does often get described as having a metallic vibe. Still great safe office scent.
- Aventus has become one you should try even if its just for the hype. Whilst it lends itself to a summery vibe can be worn all year around with its mix of pineapple, smokey fresh notes. Also lends itself as a going out scent and with the right batch will give you all the longevity and projection you want. Pretty solid compliment getter if thats what you are going for.
- Original Santal very interesting scent, has a smooth masculine woody / Cherry vibe to it. Longevity and projection is fair for most, becomes a skin scent on me within 5 hours but can still smell it on my skin 10hrs later. Often described as being very similar to a toned down Joop Homme. Mont Blanc Individuel is almost unanimously accredited as being its twin brother.
Hrmm think thats all the creeds I own or have tried. Only tips would be if you are buying from the net do some research first particularly around batch numbers. Creed is notorious for variations of the same scents but between batches.