or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Should I become Canadian
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I become Canadian - Page 2

Poll Results: Is there anything good about Canadian citizenship?

 
  • 66% (16)
    Yes
  • 33% (8)
    No
24 Total Votes  
post #16 of 60
He's the second most. Very close. From the same neighborhood though.
post #17 of 60
Saul Bellow was Canadian too y'know.
post #18 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I hate to tell you this but I don't think you have what it takes. Let's test this out by asking you a few questions.
1) What season runs from April-September?
2) How many Export As do you smoke in a day?
3) Is a plaid flannel shirt appropriate for evening wear?
4) What's the most famous Jewish Canadian author (you should really get this one)?
5) What does every PM in the modern era need to be able to do?
6) What's a "double double?"
7) Who was the greatest hockey player of all time if you were born in Quebec?
Let's start with those and see if you're even a real candidate.

lolz
post #19 of 60

Leonard Cohen is amazing. So is Glenn Gould.

 

All the jokes aside, there are worse things than being Canadian. All the Canadians I've met have been stand up folks that don't give two shits about the politics of it all. If I had to be from Canada, I'd be from Alberta (because I'm Texan).
 

post #20 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

All the jokes aside, there are worse things than being Canadian. 

 

Well if that doesn't convince you, nothing will.

 

lefty

post #21 of 60
Here's another test. See if this makes any sense to you:

"An' den 'owe kem up de side real fas', dance by de defenderz, hed deek, an' slid de biskit fife-hole."
post #22 of 60
post #23 of 60
post #24 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I hate to tell you this but I don't think you have what it takes. Let's test this out by asking you a few questions.
1) What season runs from April-September?
2) How many Export As do you smoke in a day?
3) Is a plaid flannel shirt appropriate for evening wear?
4) What's the most famous Jewish Canadian author (you should really get this one)?
5) What does every PM in the modern era need to be able to do?
6) What's a "double double?"
7) Who was the greatest hockey player of all time if you were born in Quebec?
Let's start with those and see if you're even a real candidate.

Let's see how I do:

1) construction
2) don't smoke
3) in Winnipeg, yes
4) someone from Toronto
5) fake it in French
6) I don't watch basketball.
7) The Rocket!
post #25 of 60

Was pretty good but not one, "By Jesus" in there! By!
post #26 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post

Let's see how I do:
1) construction
2) don't smoke
3) in Winnipeg, yes
4) someone from Toronto
5) fake it in French
6) I don't watch basketball.
7) The Rocket!

Not bad!

1) Bad Ice
2) Two packs (your answer is incomprehensible)
3) The answer is "In the ROC."
4) Someone from Montreal
5) Correct!
6) Large coffee at Horton's with two cream and two sugar
7) Correct!

So, 2/7
post #27 of 60
"Bad ice?" As in "can't go ice fishing?" (Around here, that's construction season, though nowadays construction is year-round, so I guess it should be "heavier construction season.")
post #28 of 60
don't feel so bad, I only know 1 out of 7 shog[1].gif
post #29 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

don't feel so bad, I only know 1 out of 7 shog[1].gif

Then you are sentenced to watching rotations of Strange Brew and Degrasse Junior High untill your Canuk level reaches at least 8.5.
post #30 of 60
I think he needs "mainstreaming." Three seasons of Trailer Park Boys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Should I become Canadian