Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE] - Page 7post #91 of 20312/15/12 at 1:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #93 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #94 of 20312/15/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #95 of 20312/15/12 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #96 of 20312/15/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
What does "might be" mean? Did they not say what it's supposed to be?
"Semi-formal" means "suit" to the majority of the English-speaking world. Who invented the definition of semi-formal you're using?
Vest + tie = waiter uniform.post #97 of 20312/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #98 of 20312/15/12 at 6:27pmpost #99 of 20312/15/12 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:
That's what I thought. So should I still go in the suit even though most people would get the memo of 'semi-formal vest and tie?'post #100 of 20312/15/12 at 10:24pm
That's really up to you. I mean, if they are stating that you should come in something that is classically considered incorrect (i.e.: wearing a vest and tie with no jacket) then you have to make a choice. Be sartorially correct and look out of place, or fit in and be sartorially incorrect. It's only a prom after all. It's not like you will have executives judging you by your appearance. It's your choice.post #101 of 20312/16/12 at 1:49ampost #102 of 20312/16/12 at 12:17pmThread StarterQuote:
Did you post this question before? Not seeing it, sorry I missed it.
ASB (Associated Student Body), our class officers, posted the details for our prom stating that it was semi-formal and that guys should wear a shirt, vest, and tie.post #103 of 20312/16/12 at 12:35pmpost #104 of 20312/16/12 at 1:00pmAmbassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?post #105 of 20312/16/12 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Godot
Ambassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?
- Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Leather Quality and Properties 2 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › lad musician shorts linen and wafterproof 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...