Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE] - Page 7post #91 of 20312/15/12 at 1:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #93 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #94 of 20312/15/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #95 of 20312/15/12 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #96 of 20312/15/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
What does "might be" mean? Did they not say what it's supposed to be?
"Semi-formal" means "suit" to the majority of the English-speaking world. Who invented the definition of semi-formal you're using?
Vest + tie = waiter uniform.post #97 of 20312/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #98 of 20312/15/12 at 6:27pmpost #99 of 20312/15/12 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:
That's what I thought. So should I still go in the suit even though most people would get the memo of 'semi-formal vest and tie?'post #100 of 20312/15/12 at 10:24pm
That's really up to you. I mean, if they are stating that you should come in something that is classically considered incorrect (i.e.: wearing a vest and tie with no jacket) then you have to make a choice. Be sartorially correct and look out of place, or fit in and be sartorially incorrect. It's only a prom after all. It's not like you will have executives judging you by your appearance. It's your choice.post #101 of 20312/16/12 at 1:49ampost #102 of 20312/16/12 at 12:17pmThread StarterQuote:
Did you post this question before? Not seeing it, sorry I missed it.
ASB (Associated Student Body), our class officers, posted the details for our prom stating that it was semi-formal and that guys should wear a shirt, vest, and tie.post #103 of 20312/16/12 at 12:35pmpost #104 of 20312/16/12 at 1:00pmAmbassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?post #105 of 20312/16/12 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Godot
Ambassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?
- Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 53 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › Thom Browne 10 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 13 minutes ago
- › Buy sunken metal toe taps 14 minutes ago
- › A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome) 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...