Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:04 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE] - Page 7post #91 of 20312/15/12 at 1:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #93 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #94 of 20312/15/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #95 of 20312/15/12 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #96 of 20312/15/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
What does "might be" mean? Did they not say what it's supposed to be?
"Semi-formal" means "suit" to the majority of the English-speaking world. Who invented the definition of semi-formal you're using?
Vest + tie = waiter uniform.post #97 of 20312/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #98 of 20312/15/12 at 6:27pmpost #99 of 20312/15/12 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:
That's what I thought. So should I still go in the suit even though most people would get the memo of 'semi-formal vest and tie?'post #100 of 20312/15/12 at 10:24pm
That's really up to you. I mean, if they are stating that you should come in something that is classically considered incorrect (i.e.: wearing a vest and tie with no jacket) then you have to make a choice. Be sartorially correct and look out of place, or fit in and be sartorially incorrect. It's only a prom after all. It's not like you will have executives judging you by your appearance. It's your choice.post #101 of 20312/16/12 at 1:49ampost #102 of 20312/16/12 at 12:17pmThread StarterQuote:
Did you post this question before? Not seeing it, sorry I missed it.
ASB (Associated Student Body), our class officers, posted the details for our prom stating that it was semi-formal and that guys should wear a shirt, vest, and tie.post #103 of 20312/16/12 at 12:35pmpost #104 of 20312/16/12 at 1:00pmAmbassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?post #105 of 20312/16/12 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Godot
Ambassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?
- Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › what to splurge/invest on, what to save on 3 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 39 seconds ago
- › Cordovan by Cap'n 45 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Paul Stuart to host a Made to Order Footwear Event 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 12TH SEPTEMBER 2014: The Green Jacket Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart IH-9527J Rider's Jacket Superblack : Size 42 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)