Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS Last post on 12/5/15 at 11:54am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE] - Page 7post #91 of 20312/15/12 at 1:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #93 of 20312/15/12 at 5:29ampost #94 of 20312/15/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #95 of 20312/15/12 at 3:29pmThread Starterpost #96 of 20312/15/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
What does "might be" mean? Did they not say what it's supposed to be?
"Semi-formal" means "suit" to the majority of the English-speaking world. Who invented the definition of semi-formal you're using?
Vest + tie = waiter uniform.post #97 of 20312/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #98 of 20312/15/12 at 6:27pmpost #99 of 20312/15/12 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:
That's what I thought. So should I still go in the suit even though most people would get the memo of 'semi-formal vest and tie?'post #100 of 20312/15/12 at 10:24pm
That's really up to you. I mean, if they are stating that you should come in something that is classically considered incorrect (i.e.: wearing a vest and tie with no jacket) then you have to make a choice. Be sartorially correct and look out of place, or fit in and be sartorially incorrect. It's only a prom after all. It's not like you will have executives judging you by your appearance. It's your choice.post #101 of 20312/16/12 at 1:49ampost #102 of 20312/16/12 at 12:17pmThread StarterQuote:
Did you post this question before? Not seeing it, sorry I missed it.
ASB (Associated Student Body), our class officers, posted the details for our prom stating that it was semi-formal and that guys should wear a shirt, vest, and tie.post #103 of 20312/16/12 at 12:35pmpost #104 of 20312/16/12 at 1:00pmAmbassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?post #105 of 20312/16/12 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Godot
Ambassadors have gone to formal state dinners where they were seeking money or to avoid war with less trepidation & anxiety over what to wear. Unless Lady Gaga is singing with the Cirque du Soleil preforming in the background, you gotta start asking "Is this prom worth it?". Have you considered just going to a movie?
- Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...