As for the bow tie: if you're going to wear it, at least minimize the amount of garish fabric displayed. That bow seem a bit too wide to anyone else?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS Last post on 12/5/15 at 11:54am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE] - Page 8
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 20312/19/12 at 6:12pmThread Starterpost #108 of 20312/19/12 at 7:03pmpost #109 of 20312/19/12 at 7:16pmThread Starterpost #110 of 20312/19/12 at 7:17pmpost #111 of 20312/19/12 at 10:53pmpost #112 of 20312/19/12 at 10:58pmpost #113 of 20312/20/12 at 3:55ampost #114 of 20312/20/12 at 6:03ampost #115 of 20312/20/12 at 6:08ampost #116 of 20312/20/12 at 6:42ampost #117 of 20312/20/12 at 6:53am
My point was that yes he is in high school and this suit is for prom, not exactly a place where one must look impeccable, but let's just be honest. The suit's fit leaves a lot to be desired and since it cost $80 the construction is probably not the best. That being the case he will probably not get years of use out of it before it falls apart and it will probably end up in the garbage or a Goodwill by the time he starts getting enough money and reason to want to dress well.
But aside from that, the things you have been advising this young man about are puzzling. It makes me doubt your sincerity and suspect that you are in fact a troll. Who else would confidently assert such balderdash and ignorance of good fit?post #118 of 20312/20/12 at 7:11amQuote:
A good hanger and garment bag will cost twice what his suit costs. Once he gets a decent suit, then he can get decent hanger and bag.post #119 of 20312/20/12 at 7:14ampost #120 of 20312/20/12 at 8:21am
- Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Field Parka (NEW FW15) 2 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Tiger Fleece in S (New with Tag) 5 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.